Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
No, chances are you can't catch it on a plane with someone, but who wants to sit next to them or in their seat on the next flight?

I'm not confident in Obama and the CDC's assessment that you can't (or extreme low risk) catch ebola by sitting next to or in proximity to an infected person.

Ebola affects the internal organs and causes internal bleeding. Infected person coughs or sneezes and there's microscopic blood and ebola contaminate particles that's now in the air...

If you're unfortunately in the vicinity to inhale what the infected individual secreted in the air.... damn good chance you can get infected.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This^^*

An MD virologist o Rush explained yesterday that there have been no vigorous studies undertaken to determine that one must be ill in order to transmit Ebola.

The health care worker now dxed with it flew on Frontier yesterday with no symptoms. Today they are going to monitor all who were on the plane with her yesterday. Why?

What about the people she interacted with in the airport?

Last edited by eyeball; 10/15/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FOsteology

Ebola affects the internal organs and causes internal bleeding. Infected person coughs or sneezes and there's microscopic blood and ebola contaminate particles that's now in the air...

Similarly if you should handle something they have contaminated..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
This^^*

An MD virologist o Rush explained yesterday that there have been no vigorous studies undertaken to determine that one must be ill in order to transmit Ebola.

The health care worker now dxed with it flew on Frontier yesterday with no symptoms. Today they are going to monitor all who were on the plane with her yesterday. Why?

What about the people she interacted with in the airport?

The genie is quite likely out of the bottle.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Now we find out there were no CDC guidelines in place to care for Duncan and nurses had no hazmat suits. They had face shields, caps, gloves and gowns. They wrapped their necks in medical tapes to avoid contamination by body fluids.

Drs in Africa (and nurses) have died after having used hazmat suits around the sick. 233 drs and nurses dead so far.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Who the [bleep] are these people. He, I just worked with a guy that has Ebola, think I'll take a flight.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Boyfriend is then in position of wondering whether CDC has got that right.
He'll find out shortly.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Who the [bleep] are these people. He, I just worked with a guy that has Ebola, think I'll take a flight.

Not quite. "I think I'll take TWO flights this weekend so I can go to Cleveland and screw my boyfriend." That was her weekend.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since its amateur hour at the CDC and the Whitehouse, how long will it be before they start queuing up B movies for an action plan.

Cordone off Dallas, and scramble the planes.....

jiminy this is a monumental cluster [bleep] in the making.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Not quite. "I think I'll take TWO flights this weekend so I can go to Cleveland and screw my boyfriend." That was her weekend.

Could be her last.

Hope it was good.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Can you imagine being her boyfriend.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
this hospital, and to a lesser extent the CDC team is in way over their heads ----> contact trace and quarantine is what the CDC tells these African countries to do. Letting the healthcare staff travel (on airplanes!) within the incubation period is nearly criminal negligence...

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by eyeball

Drs in Africa (and nurses) have died after having used hazmat suits around the sick. 233 drs and nurses dead so far.

I'm not hanging a lot of emphasis on that statistic. Most medical caregivers who've died from Ebola in the west Africa outbreak were exposed with little or no protective equipment.

The Firestone Plantation medical team in west Africa has had ZERO transmission to medical caregivers, and all they had were chemical HAZMAT suits, not biosuits. They've dealt with over 400 cases of Ebola in their makeshift quarantine operation as of this past week, which says a lot. Their experience suggests that scrupulous attention to protocol does prevent transmission. That is highly encouraging news as far as I'm concerned.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Reminds me of a nurse we saw in the emergency room. She was complaining about how she was sick and couldn't afford to take time of from work and how good our son had it that he could stay home sick.

WTF? This is supposed to be a health care worker, and they go to work sick???

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

Must have a huge dick.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
She went to visit family they say. It's the first nurse's BF that may have symptoms.

The second nurse flew home AFTER the 1st nurse had be diagnosed for the disease.

WTF are we allowing people that work around EBOLA to get on frigging planes?

Wait till the first kid gets it, those little monkeys pass stuff around like crazy.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Complete f u c king negligence.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Odd none of the or friends od the origional case's family has gotten it...

Really odd

Snake

Last edited by temmi; 10/15/14.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Complete f u c king negligence.

Agreed, the fact that everyone who is known to be exposed is not quarantined is inexcusable.

Instead the CDC says, hey if you were around so and so, give us a call and we will give you the OK to move about the country. WTF kind of a containment plan is that?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by temmi
Odd none of the or friends od the origional case's family has gotten it...

Really odd

Snake

Not really considering how we are told it is spread.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,761
Posts18,495,528
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.