Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Alan,

I know the spot well. The SA paper did a story about it a few days ago, with updates.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...to-the-victims-3743484.php#photo-3235957

I was in one of the local feed stores when the Goliad paper had the story right after it happened, and all the folks were talking about what a horrific accident that was, and those poor people..etc.

Casually mentioned that If they had stayed home, they wouldn't have been in that accident.

Everyone stopped talking and glared at me. You could have heard a pin drop in there. I never expected that reaction from them, but hey, they must be getting used to the high capacity vehicles getting caught down here by now. That was over two years ago. It was happening then, and it happens now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
I went out to the ranch to pick up a few pieces of lumber that I needed for a little project. Upon leaving the gate on the county road I encountered a Border Patrol vehicle parked on our side of the road with no Border Patrol agents in it. I stopped and waited outside my truck until they came out of the brush on our side of the road. They asked if I had seen anything unusual. I replied, "Only you guys". They were somewhat amused. They showed me a pretty fair sized camp site about 50 yards off the road that looked like one of those places out in Arizona where hundreds of illegals cross the border. Well, we don't have to go to Arizona to see that any more. We have our own. There were hundreds of plastic water bottles, some of which still had water in them and were not more than a week in the sun, and every other imaginable kind of trash and refuse laying around. They also showed me another campsite on the opposite side of the road right next to our gate.

In the 34 years that I have been regularly frequenting that ranch I have seen exactly "0" wetbacks. There were most certainly more than that there recently. The BP said they picked up 25 right there two months ago. They now have my name and number and will call me in the event of any further activity. I also gave them the combination to the gate and told them that they could go in any time they needed to. I told them that it would be a real good idea to call me if they were going in particularly during hunting season. I told them that I would disseminate this information because any of our family that were in the ranch would likely be very well armed.

We discussed the campsite area that the illegals were using and decided to leave it untouched and not clean it up so that they may continue to use it and maybe they can catch some more. As soon as they start catching them there they will move to another spot. I feel like they will stop using it quicker and more permanently if they know the BP goes there to catch illegals than if they simply know that the landowner cleans up after them.

Alan

Get a hog farmer to throw some hog sheit down, as long as the wind isnt blowin toward your house.

Theyll move along.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by viking
On my way home tonight on 183 coming out of austin there where 2 crossing ahead of traffic. Not only do you have to watch out for deer thess days.

Was that one they found this morning under the US183/SH 45 interchange?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by viking
On my way home tonight on 183 coming out of austin there where 2 crossing ahead of traffic. Not only do you have to watch out for deer thess days.

Was that one they found this morning under the US183/SH 45 interchange?

Run over?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Dunno? Suspicious death. Apparently there was an accident around 3 a. m. On interchange. They dunno if it was related or not?

Founder

WS

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No Country For Old Men...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
When I saw them, it was around 2310. Male and I think a female. They run across the n/bound to the South bound lanes.

Come to think about it would have been around 620/45. Because I came off of Duvall Road and was north bound.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I used to havta work in the traffic on that road! It's no place to dilly dally anytime of the day!

Founder

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alan,
Hate to here that we had a ranch south of Hebbronville for 17 years and got tired of all the illegal traffic the last three years. We recently moved to a new ranch in George West hoping to get away from the illegal traffic. Have been there two years so far so good but wont be surprised when I see my first one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd piss in them worta bottles.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My problem with Hispanic illegals is that they sneak up here for a slice of the American pie and then march, scream and threaten unless it is a'la mode.
I have not seen in 20 years a Bosnian, Iraqi, or Vietnamese refugee/illegal break into a house, steal a car or rob a store.

The mujados and kaffirs aren't looking for a better life, they are looking for better hand outs and pickings.

Last edited by krupp; 10/22/14.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kaffirs.

Now there's a word... laugh

Not many here know it. We see them daily though, and what they do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
No Country For Old Men...

absolutely in agreement

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I'd piss in them worta bottles.

well actually the way it works is this:
few years ago took a friend to see the border down by douglas. He commented on these 50gallon jugs of water with flags flying.
Asked why they were there, for the illegals to fill up was the answer.
He said why don't we pee in them? Answer, look at the camera on the hill you get caught doing that and then the federales on the american side arrest your butt.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I used to havta work in the traffic on that road! It's no place to dilly dally anytime of the day!

Probably been 30 years since the local S O sent a Deputy out to the edge of town about midnight and deposited a wetback they were tired of feeding.

One of my son's high school friends came along about 2 am and ran over him. Killed him dead. No charges filed.

Kind of an official S S S.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
they run over more drunk Indians around reservations than they do deer...

Usually, that doesn't even make the paper.

Why they are attracted to highways on dark nights, I'll never know. But they are.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,867 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,232
Posts18,485,687
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.