Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I almost bought a Vortex Razor 65mm scope; then backed out before it got shipped as I finally had the gall to figure out what a Swaro ATS 65mm was going to cost me.

Found an incredible deal on the Swaro ATS with the hard case that was hard to pass up even though it was about 2x the cost of the Razor.

Still sweating a bit from my decision to do it. I was out in my ground blind hunting for deer and was using my Swaro 8x32ELs I purchased last year upon the advice of many good folks on this forum and said to myself, I will probably regret it if I don't get the Swaro.

So the deed has been done!

Promaster XC525C tripod on the way as well with a Manfrotto 700RC2 head for the spotter.

I was at the very end of my budget so opted for the standard 20-60x eye piece. Hope I did the right thing.

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Any time you get optics, get the best you can afford. Where the "best" and "afford" lines cross depends on each individual's situation. I always thought, for hunting, get a lesser something else (say, a truck or quad or whatever) to be able to use that same money on investing in good optics.

What good is putting the time and money hunting if you can't see stuff has always been my way of thinking. Besides, good optics don't depreciate as fast as other things like that truck or that quad meaning if the SHTF in your life and you need to sell stuff, you can sell good optics for fairly close (say, 20% less) to what you bought it for. And if the SHTF never happens in your life, you get to use some fantastic optics when you go hunting. That is a win-win.

I think you will be happy with your purchase.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since last seAson I have purchased a pair of. 10x42 meostar b1 and a pair of 8x30 Swarovski slc. I really didn't want to spend the money but I think I got a fair deal on them used so I bought them. The meoptas have set on the table in my living room all summer so the wide and I can look at the field around my house. I have used the 8x30s every time I've been bow hunting this year.
Although I spent quite a bit of money on these I sure don't regret it. If I need to sell something to get alittle money I sure see these being on the bottom of the list.
I was like you when I bought the swaro, I almost bout cheaper but haven't regretted buying them yet.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It will hurt for a couple minutes then once you start looking through you scope you will realize what a good investment you made. I wondered myself when I bought my swaro binos and after using them this deer season I can say I no longer think about what they cost me until I get busted by the wife with a different pair of binoculars.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (673, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 2ndwind, 222ND, 32 invisible), 3,199 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,535,988
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.