Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
The mule deer ranches that I have been hunting on as well as doing habitat projects on (Gained two more new properties this year, one of which is 11,000 acres) I am handicapped in what I would like to do, and should be done IMO, by our states 3 point or better rules. As a result, we see dozens of forked horn bucks each year and some of them are quite large. If I legally could, I would have the guys that hunt with me take a bunch of little bucks and or dry does. And I saw a couple of WHOPPER single or loner does this year that would have yielded a nice pile of meat and helped the herd out. The rules, as written, tie my hands and cause too many medium sized bucks with room to grow bigger to be shot.

Yes, yes you are..

GB1

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Scott F
My point being, ask Manlicker when the last time he killed a buck was, any buck, let alone a mature or "trophy" buck. Same with ScottF....

I think I can answer for myself. I have not hunted since I moved to WA. Part of that was 52 weeks a year of 65 to 70 hour work weeks. Part has been health. I shot a fork the last season I was in OR. and that was while watching the monster.

Curious what Manlickers excuse(s) will be....

So should I be banned for life because I worked hard and then became disabled? Do I have your permit I on to ever hunt again?

Your replies to a simply post about what animals someone would choose to harvest have been pretty harsh.

Perhaps before I post again I should ask for you OK and then ask you what opinions I am aloud.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just interesting how those in the bleachers seem to know everything about the game. Must be all that reading about it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Maybe The_Real_Browneye will come along and give us some hunting or game management pointers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GW, as a matter of fact I am legally handicapped and can hunt from my quad or 4WD truck if I need to. I have a disabled hunter ID etc. Why is that a big deal to you?

FWIW, I should be UN handicapped, health and mobility-wise, sometime in the next couple of years of I get a Kidney transplant soon.

I see several posts in this thread wherin you try to talk down to other posters here, do you any substance to ad to the thread here, or just gonna sit back and throw poop balls and think you are being tough?

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Like moths to a flame.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Got any pointers for harvesting "WHOPPER" does?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How's stfu for a pointer.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Like moths to a flame.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like moths to a flame.

You being the flame of course...

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got any pointers for harvesting "WHOPPER" does?

Yeah, draw the too few given doe tag and hunt one of the private ranches I have permission to hunt on. Not hard, just have to get the states blessing. THAT part, is, IMO too damned hard. Many more doe permits need to be given and the stupid little forkies and spike bucks should become fair game too as I see it. We saw a good number of extra large does this year. Typically by themselves VS in with a herd.

How about you? Have any pointers to share or real info to add to this thread? Your poop balls are not having any effect. And your last couple of attempts to flame or bash or roast someone are pretty pathetic. Maybe try adding some real content for a change. Now THAT is an idea, or "pointer" for you.....

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dick Autistic, tell us what you learned from this months issue of Field & Stream.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dick Autistic, tell us what you learned from this months issue of Field & Stream.

Quite clear that you are flat out of ammo and really scraping the bottom of your barrel, wit or flame-wise. But then, it wasn't much of a barrel to begin with, was it?

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just interesting how those in the bleachers seem to know everything about the game. Must be all that reading about it.

As I posted earlier in this thread I made my first deer hunting trip in 1964. You hunting back that far? I have seen the woods at least once in my life and am pretty sure I would recognize it again. It may surprise you I even know what deer and elk look like. Last bunch of deer I watched was Thursday. But I didn't kill any last week so I guess I am no longer qualified to say anything about them in your eyes.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sad state when a simple posting of a question about hunting and harvesting becomes a name calling match. But what would I know, I'm a new guy around here and could never know as much as you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't worry Scott, those of us that know you, hold you and your opinions in high regard. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will normally shoot any legal deer I see.
around here,you may only see one deer a year.
next weekend,it may be a blizzard.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JFC, is there a topic where Claiborne won't run his con?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Did I ever post a picture of a deer I shot on the way to the range?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any thread about actual hunting is gonna become about people instead of game pretty quickly.

It's easy to see which members don't have much to offer a conversation about actual, real life HUNTING. They're gonna talk about theirselves....... of someone else.

Now....... back to the CONVERSATION...

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the Boss Buck in the pasture may not have the most desirable antlers. Deer are not impressed by B&C scores. Body size trumps antler size as far as a pecking order.

But... each year on large ranches a few Trophy Bucks are killed in fights with other Trophy bucks. The killer will be a young, slender horned, buck who runs in a rams a sharp horn into the gut of one of the two large combatants.

[I don't know if GOOGLE will confirm that, so I could be lyin']

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.