Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
That is the sad reality we live in. 99% of the time, a vote for a 3rd party is a vote for the Dems.

That is why I said a "viable third party."

The great majority of the time third parties are made up of fringe elements (i.e the enviro-weenie legalize drugs crowd or anti-abortionist theo-crats). Such movements are easy to usurp or marginalize.

We need a third party made up of people who believe in the foundational tenets that made us a Great Nation. People willing to work together and get things done for the good of all instead of the party bases.

I guarantee if such a movement sprang up both the Democrats and Republicans would pull out all the stops to kill it in the cradle.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think if enough conservatives vote then we might have a shot at an American being president. At least we could get rid foreigners who hate THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Who knows maybe some day we will get the 3rd party elected.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I think everyday should be Thanksgiving and opening day of deer season, but it ain't.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I will also again ask, to Hillbillybear, is the senate race the ONLY thing on the ballot?

Outside of a couple of judicial races its the only thing that might have a material effect on things.

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at the gist of the thread and every other thread that covers this subject:

Any non-vote is a vote for a Democrat. Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. And ya know what? The Democrat websites and press are telling their people the exact same thing in reverse.

Both parties know this.

Candidates from both parties use the "never mind what my position is (I don't have one, so don't look at it) - LOOK HOW HORRIBLE THE OTHER GUY IS!!! Holy Sh*t! Do you really want that other monster to get in office?!?! If you don't vote for me or if you don't vote at all - YOU HAVE PERSONALLY RUINED THE COUNTRY!!!!"

Which is why both parties can run the absolute worst POS, totally owned puppets they want and know that people will still vote for them.

I really wish I had a solution to this, but the only one I can think of involves a lot of guillotines.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not just change it from the inside as the Communist/liberals did the Democrat party? The current Democrat party is a far cry from what it was in the 40'-50's. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Well then, I'd stay home and pat myself on the back all day for winning a moral victory.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Looking at the gist of the thread and every other thread that covers this subject:

Any non-vote is a vote for a Democrat. Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. And ya know what? The Democrat websites and press are telling their people the exact same thing in reverse.

Both parties know this.

Candidates from both parties use the "never mind what my position is (I don't have one, so don't look at it) - LOOK HOW HORRIBLE THE OTHER GUY IS!!! Holy Sh*t! Do you really want that other monster to get in office?!?! If you don't vote for me or if you don't vote at all - YOU HAVE PERSONALLY RUINED THE COUNTRY!!!!"

Which is why both parties can run the absolute worst POS, totally owned puppets they want and know that people will still vote for them.

I really wish I had a solution to this, but the only one I can think of involves a lot of guillotines.

A bunch of good strong ropes would be more economical.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
With the two party system we have

Right here is the crux of the problem.

The two parties have long forgotten anything but the quest for money, power, and the party agenda.

What we desperately need is a viable third party that will work for the American people and not only themselves.

I keep saying that a real threat of a viable third party is what it will take for the GOP machine to finally get religion.

It is called �leverage.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well then, I'd stay home and pat myself on the back all day for winning a moral victory.

Or go vote and preen about what a great thing it is to continually recycle this mess we have for a government.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

Both parties know this.

They can only kick cans for so long....the solution will be ugly.

I just hope when the currency is ruined and a good chunk of wealth is eradicated we don't go looking for Adolf.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Both parties know this.

A bunch of good strong ropes would be more economical.

They would be for a fact. I'm all for saving the taxpayers' money. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Why not just change it from the inside as the Communist/liberals did the Democrat party? The current Democrat party is a far cry from what it was in the 40'-50's. miles

The current Democrats are the Communists of the 1950's and the modern Republicans are the hard left liberal Democrats of the 1960's

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Isn't doing the same thing over and over (i.e. voting for the lesser evil) and expecting a different outcome the very definition of insanity?

There is one thing that will most definitely change if the GOP controls the Senate.

Harry Reid will not be able to block republican sponsored legislation. He's the one that's responsible for Congress being dysfunctional and not being able to get anything done.

Get rid of Reid and it's different ballgame.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Or go vote and preen about what a great thing it is to continually recycle this mess we have for a government.

Sounds like you gots it all figgered out, congratulations on your moral victory.

Last edited by Steelhead; 11/01/14. Reason: No E idiot

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Sounds like you gots it all figgered out, congratulations on your morale victory.

Sounds like you have swallowed all the political rhetoric hook, line, and sinker.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head

Isn't doing the same thing over and over (i.e. voting for the lesser evil) and expecting a different outcome the very definition of insanity?

There is one thing that will most definitely change if the GOP controls the Senate.

Harry Reid will not be able to block republican sponsored legislation. He's the one that's responsible for Congress being dysfunctional and not being able to get anything done.

Get rid of Reid and it's different ballgame.

And McConnell, McCain, and Graham will be any different in snarling up the works?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, I'm no were near as enlightened as you.

Do SOME [bleep] thing. Run yourself? Get out and change people's attitudes you can change?

Kick out all the incumbents to show that the people can. Baby steps. It ain't gonna happen with one twist of a fairy's wand, though everyone wants it to.

Supreme court justices will be coming up, you do know they need to be confirmed by the Senate, right?

A 'little' better is still better.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

Sounds like you gots it all figgered out, congratulations on your morale victory.

Sounds like you have swallowed all the political rhetoric hook, line, and sinker.

Its called Americanism, which is far different than this: "There is no way we can defeat the worlds most powerful Army"
or this: "The Japs bombed Pearl Harbor, what should we do"!

It might be worth noting than most Republicans still listen to and get nervous when the electorate rises up. Show me where the Republicans have jammed a law that 3/4ths their constituents did not want?
Its only a waste of time if you make it one.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HawkI
[quote=Jim in Idaho]

They can only kick cans for so long....the solution will be ugly.

I just hope when the currency is ruined and a good chunk of wealth is eradicated we don't go looking for Adolf.....

When the wheels do come off and they will. Perhaps not in our lifetimes but someday the chances of a strong arm despot taking over are really good.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 11/01/14.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 204guy, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,812
Posts18,516,515
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.