Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
My new Carhartts just don't get it. I have a relatively small waist with a hockey players ass(large) and big thighs. Nothing I've tried fits to work a job where I move a lot, without buying a huge waist and cinching things way up.
What do you guys buy and where from?

1/504 PIR
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had this problem long ago (LOOOOONNNNNGGGG ago! No small waist here... shocked )

Have you tried Carhthardt double front Dungarees? Tough as nails and a bit more comfortable fit for those of us with large thighs.

Whatever jeans you look at, please do not put any money in the gungrabbers hands and in the "Rainbow fruitcake co-alition" groups by purchasing any product from Levi-Strauss.

Also, look toward the looser fit/cut of various jeans. Generally they will have more room where you need it without a extra large waist.

Good luck.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PS the double front dungaree's also have a pouch over the knees where a closed cell high density foam pad can go. Wonderful for when doing roofing, flooring and I wore these with the knee pad installed often when I rode a motorcyle. Great protection with that thick double front in the lower legs from wind chill, gravel, bug strikes, exhaust heat, and gave me a little more sense of protection when riding and full leathers were too hot to wear.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The carpenter style jeans have a looser fit through the thighs and hips than traditional jeans. If you haven't tried that style it is worth a look. Carhartt as well as most of the jeans companies make them in blue denim as well as brown and green canvas.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no ass, a 30 in waist and tree trunk legs. I started wearing wrangler Riggs, they are tough, cool in the summer and made of rip stop. I order a size larger so I can easily layer under them. They look good as well. I wore them to court last week (plaintiff) and nobody noticed.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
wrangle FRs or riggs

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dickies carpenter jeans have been lasting quite a while for me.

I get mine at Murdochs in Bozeman, a farm/ranch supply store.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You go there just to look at the girls..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Riggs, but I do the carpenter pants, not jeans. Tough, fit well, and I play a little hockey myself, though I am a goalie.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by stripe55
My new Carhartts just don't get it. I have a relatively small waist with a hockey players ass(large) and big thighs. Nothing I've tried fits to work a job where I move a lot, without buying a huge waist and cinching things way up.
What do you guys buy and where from?

It's been my experience that the actual fit of slacks and jeans (as well as pretty much all mens clothing in general) seems to vary quite a bit from brand to brand of the same size and cut.

Full cut Wranglers jeans in my correct size fit me best.
Lee jeans in the same exact size and cut are way too tight in the waist.
Pretty much the same too with other brands of jeans I've tried on.

With all the foreign outsourcing over the past couple of decades or so I'm wondering if there are any real industry wide size standards any longer.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never worn anything but carpenter jeans/pants or a very long time now. I have a 36" waist, not skinny nor fat.

I have used Carhartts and Dickies, and still wear some of each. But have really come to love the Gander Mt. carpenter jeans. They have buy 1 get 1 free sales frequently. I end up paying $15/pair and they outlast Carhartt and Dickies carpenter jeans. They are a touch thicker/heavier guage cotton. MOF, when it is real hot, that's when I often wear the Carhartts and Dickies, which are thinner cotton.

Actually, the light blue ones are thinner, and darker blue ones are thicker. Give them try...

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Ordered up some Riggs Work horse jeans and will try them out, thanks for the input

1/504 PIR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
PS the double front dungaree's also have a pouch over the knees. I wore these with the knee pad installed often when I rode a motorcyle. Great protection with that thick double front in the lower legs from wind chill, gravel, bug strikes, exhaust heat,

Candy ass. cry

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best buy? IMO Wranglers from Wally's.
Black Friday, they're ten bucks a pair.
I buy enough till next year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
x2 for the firehose jeans, nothing breaths/wears like them. and they've got a lifetime warranty, you just send em in if they wear out and a new pair gets set pronto

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Duluth FH pants fell apart. Horrible stitching......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allow me to put in another plug for Duluth Trading. That's pretty much all the clothing I wear these days.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know if they have a name other than Wrangler, but the Wrangler cargo pants at Walmart are my new favorite.

$19. They have just enough pocket room. Seem pretty tough. Loose enough but not too baggy. And don't look like I'm trying to be tacticool.

And seem a perfect blend of cool in hot weather and warm in cool weather.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try going to wranglers website & look at all the styles they have, use their search funtion, to narrow your search type in: ( full seat, large thighs ) there's also a extreme relaxed fit.

Here's a couple style no. to check out.
3W010
3W030

Or go to bottom of page, click on customer service, then click on (fit guide& size help)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

221 members (264mag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 41rem, 10gaugemag, 34 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,031
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.