Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Best to just stay home and bitch about your sandy [bleep]. That will accomplish the most!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, I'm no were near as enlightened as you.

I am not enlightened just not a gullible
as some are.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Best to just stay home and bitch about your sandy [bleep]. That will accomplish the most!

Its far better to stick your head in the sand and keep on doing the same thing every election.

The ostrich syndrome is always best.

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Amazing how people think they are making a statement by abstaining from voting when they don't like either candidate, only to bitch when a communist liberal takes office...

Sometimes it doesn't boil down to what we like, but what we know as being the lesser of two evils.

I don't understand how people think they are making a difference when they vote on principle (or don't vote at all) in the general elections. There's a time for principled choices, but those are over well before the general elections.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
The "same thing" means running the same people.

Iowa stands a very good chance of having ZERO gun grabbing Senators in Washington.

That is a good start, in my book.

I don't think you are so foolish to think that a Republican majority in Congress is going to be "the same thing"....

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
It's not about the Senate, it's about the Supreme Court.

Try to focus.

True, but who do you suppose has to approve the Justices?

+1 and your tag!
We know that everything that is Wrong with America is the direct result of liberal democrat policies with help from their "go along, to get along" republican stooges, add to that non-voters of a right mind who stay home election day.
That results is what we have now, a dictatorship of 60's radical leftists who selectively enforce laws and make new laws by executive fiat.
So..... if you want more of the same, by all means stay at home.
the trap is set

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right, your vote counts. crazy

Candidates are hand picked before any of us get to vote on them.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Amazing how people think they are making a statement by abstaining from voting when they don't like either candidate, only to bitch when a communist liberal takes office...

Sometimes it doesn't boil down to what we like, but what we know as being the lesser of two evils.

I don't understand how people think they are making a difference when they vote on principle (or don't vote at all) in the general elections. There's a time for principled choices, but those are over well before the general elections.

Bingo.

It's not like the bitchers haven't had time since the last election to put up a "viable" option.

The problem is, there isn't enough support, yet, and its not an immediate fix.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by fish head

Isn't doing the same thing over and over (i.e. voting for the lesser evil) and expecting a different outcome the very definition of insanity?

There is one thing that will most definitely change if the GOP controls the Senate.

Harry Reid will not be able to block republican sponsored legislation. He's the one that's responsible for Congress being dysfunctional and not being able to get anything done.

Get rid of Reid and it's different ballgame.

And McConnell, McCain, and Graham will be any different in snarling up the works?

Here's how I look at it. I know longer trust in and look to government to do anything particularly well, efficiently, or honestly regardless of party.

However, this president, administration and their sycophants have been notably dishonest, purely political, scandal-ridden, harmful, embarrassing, arrogant, bitterly partisan, racially divisive, and heavy-handed as with the ACA (and I don't know what we might see this president do yet arbitrarily, post-election).

If in the voting masses there was still common knowledge, common sense, and a moral basis for living, all since gone endangered, there shouldn't be a Democrat that wins this year. As a repudiation to the Democratic Party.

Throw them all out! IMO, that is.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Anaconda

For the first time in my life I am seriously considering saying to hell with it and not voting for any of the sonsabitches or daughters of whores.

Boycott the whole damned process period.

Is anybody else in the same situation and mindset?

Yes, there were millions of conservatives that felt just like that and stayed home during the last presidential election.

They are called;

"OBAMA SUPPORTERS"

By not voting for Romney, they helped re-elect the worst president in history.
If true conservatives had turned out and voted for Romney/Ryan, we would not be suffering under,

Obama Care
High gas prices
millions of new illegal aliens
billions in new debt

ISIS would be a smoking hole in the ground
Ebola would be confined to Africa
millions of the un-employed would now have good jobs.

But no, all you (so called) true conservatives had to make a statement and NOT vote for the moderate Morman.

Suck it up, be a man, hold your nose and go vote for the Republican.

Absolutely! Add to that an intesifying war against White Culture !

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing in life that is inevitable is change.

If you resign yourself to the idea that "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the very definition of insanity" you're ignoring the fact that things do change.

Think about that. smile

Last edited by fish head; 11/01/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Its far better to stick your head in the sand and keep on doing the same thing every election.

The ostrich syndrome is always best.

If you find yourself about to have a car wreck do you hit the brakes and try to limit the damage, or do you just sit there and watch what happens?
From reading this thread it seems you are determined to dig in and do nothing so I have little hope of changing your mind, but maybe someone else will read this and decide to vote.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by fish head

Isn't doing the same thing over and over (i.e. voting for the lesser evil) and expecting a different outcome the very definition of insanity?

There is one thing that will most definitely change if the GOP controls the Senate.

Harry Reid will not be able to block republican sponsored legislation. He's the one that's responsible for Congress being dysfunctional and not being able to get anything done.

Get rid of Reid and it's different ballgame.

This truth needs continual repeating +1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes

"Get rid of Reid and it's different ballgame."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
[quote=Steelhead]

From reading this thread it seems you are determined to dig in and do nothing so I have little hope of changing your mind, but maybe someone else will read this and decide to vote.

Or perhaps some people will read this thread and start to think for themselves and quit just continually doing the same thing to no avail.

Where have I said I will absolutely not vote nor do anything?

Methinks perhaps you read too much.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 11/01/14.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The incumbent Hagan is nothing but a hard left Obamite with an IQ somewhere below that of a grapefruit.

By all means, help her out by staying home.

You'd be doing Harry Reid a favor, too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The NC senate race has me a quandary. The incumbent Hagan is nothing but a hard left Obamite with an IQ somewhere below that of a grapefruit.

The Republican challenger Tillis is at best a wishy-washy quasi-conservative milquetoast whose ass is owned by big money donors and the chamber of commerce.

The only real advantage that I can see to him is that he is somewhat less likely to vote for draconian gun control but I wouldn't bet on even that if the political winds were just right.

Its almost like having a choice of would you rather be bitten by a rattlesnake or a cottonmouth. Either way you are poisoned.

For the first time in my life I am seriously considering saying to hell with it and not voting for any of the sonsabitches or daughters of whores.

Boycott the whole damned process period.

Is anybody else in the same situation and mindset?

Our entire ballot was bland...but I voted absentee

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Yes

"Get rid of Reid and it's different ballgame."

Pretty freaking sad to see some dont mind Reid stacking the courts with liberal anticonstitutional commie judges, when our service men did the hard work to protect it and only expected us to vote.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
SteveNO once posted the Buckley rule

vote for the most electable conservative option against a Democrat, and keep voting that way until you get solid conservatives.

It really is a vote in the right direction. No guarantees with democrat voter fraud though grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Guaranteed they win if you don't, though. Fight tyranny in every manner you can legally do so, or you are a traitor to those who died for you and your country.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,787
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.