Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
sjr;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully this finds you and yours doing well.

With regard to the story in question, the only conceivable way for Cabelas to salvage this now would be to announce publicly that someone in middle management who made the decision is now looking for employment opportunities elsewhere.

I'm not certain what else would suffice at this point honestly.

We'll see what they do for damage control from this point forward I guess, but unimpressed doesn't begin to describe my reaction.

For sure there'll be no funds flowing from our accounts to theirs until they address this in a meaningful way.

Thanks for sharing this here sjr, all the best to you and yours and good luck on any remaining hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
sjr Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Cabelas Statement
Statement from Cabela�s CEO Tommy Millner
Knowing Cabela�s long-standing commitment to supporting the Canadian Armed Forces and Royal Canadian Legion, I was dee...ply concerned when I learned of the misunderstanding that led to cadets planning to distribute Remembrance Day poppies being turned away from one of our stores.
Of course, cadets are welcome to distribute poppies at our stores, just as they have done in the past, and to make up for the missed opportunity Cabela�s will proudly contribute $10,000 to the Royal Canadian Legion�s Poppy Fund.
Cabela�s Canada, headquartered in Winnipeg, remains absolutely committed to the Canadian military, I assure you that. In 2013, for example, Cabela�s Canada partnered with Veteran Affairs Canada�s Hire a Veteran initiative, which gives veterans opportunities to make a successful transition to civilian life.
Again, on behalf of myself and Cabela Canada�s more than 1,600 employees, I deeply apologize for this unintentional mistake and thank everyone for their understanding and continued support

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
sjr;
Thanks for the update sir, I see that cooler heads prevailed and they made a good effort to fix the situation to my thinking.

I would suggest that the manager who sent the cadets packing will either be looking for work or will find that was indeed what my good wife terms a CLM - Career Limiting Move...... wink

Perhaps I'll rethink my position on ordering stuff from Cabelas Canada now - though I did just find some 6.5 bullets and 6.5x55 brass in stock at Omineca Source for Sports so they got my hard earned dollars today. I've always had very good service from those folks and they seem to have as good a stock of Barnes bullets as anyone.

Anyway sir, we're still only at one deer in the freezer at our house - nothing moving at all this morning on the mountain and it was perfect for calling too.

Hopefully you're doing OK and we'll get together at the turkey shoot if not before.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 673, 1badf350, 29aholic, 40 invisible), 1,671 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,847
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.