O

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally, I get more than a little tired of people lumping Social Security payments together with welfare payments in their "statistics". I paid into Social Security and Medicare under duress and under the threat of imprisonment if I didn't pay. For somebody to come along and imply that I'm one of the causes the country in in financial trouble is infuriating to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MColeman
Personally, I get more than a little tired of people lumping Social Security payments together with welfare payments in their "statistics". I paid into Social Security and Medicare under duress and under the threat of imprisonment if I didn't pay. For somebody to come along and imply that I'm one of the causes the country in in financial trouble is infuriating to me.

And rightfully so Mickey.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, how dare you want your own money back!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

The point is that they felt warm and fuzzy about forcing you to do that. They are such caring nannies. You may be getting a check now, but you've been robbed. You don't seriously think all those who are gettin checks, paid in, do you?

Soli Deo Gloria

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

How much did you pay in?
How much more do you expect to get back?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I paid into SS for about 50 years. For many of those years I paid the max. I'm 76 now. If you can tell me how much longer I'll live I can better answer your question.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
My mom got precisely one check. Not a great return, I'd say. But it sure gave some progressives a warm fuzzy that must rival a heroin blankie.

Libs want to FEEL that they care in a wonderful euphoric self righteous way. That's all.

Conservatives care about outcomes, in reality.

Soli Deo Gloria

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

How much did you pay in?
How much more do you expect to get back?

If I had invested my money in a bank for 50 years I would damned sure expect to get more back than I had put in. It's called "interest"!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I paid into SS for about 50 years. For many of those years I paid the max. I'm 76 now. If you can tell me how much longer I'll live I can better answer your question.

Ok, lets do some simple math. 50x.15 (7 1/2% for each you and your employer) = 7.5.

If you SSI is half what you were making that 15 years. You are probably getting close to break even, and you look to be in pretty good shape. I imagine you will make out all right, but I expect to get screwed.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
If it had only been indexed to the DOW you would not believe how much it would now be. And, that is not speculation.

Sadly, debating the relative merits of the great ponzi scheme misses the truly insightful pearls the author gives about the Weltanschauung of libbies.

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Ok, lets do some simple math. 50x.15 (7 1/2% for each you and your employer) = 7.5.

If you SSI is half what you were making that 15 years. You are probably getting close to break even, and you look to be in pretty good shape. I imagine you will make out all right, but I expect to get screwed.

Quit toying with me.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
This:

Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Sadly, debating the relative merits of the great ponzi scheme misses the truly insightful pearls the author gives about the Weltanschauung of libbies.

A most insightful and well written read, oldtrapper. Thanks for posting.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'mve jus turned 62, first paid SS when I was 14. My sister (a CPA) tells me that I'll probably be best not collecting until I'm 70 - as I have too high an income.
Once past 65 (the age originally promise) WTH does your current income have to do with anything? I paid in (on the promise I would be paid back), then they keep moving the goal-line!
Screw 'em!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found that article very well written

Thanks old trapper for providing it & thanks achadwick for linking it from another thread.

My day was 14 hours yesterday. I'd have missed this otherwise & I believe it's a great read

Tks fellers

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Amen!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screw 'em!

It is the other way around. Since I had the foresight to pay into a retirement system along with Social Security, I now get to pay 20% of my SS check back in income taxes, although income tax was paid on the the money that was confiscated from me, at the time. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Bump for an opportunity to know the mind of the enemy.

Hint, the social security thing is a red herring. Don't let it keep you from getting some great bullets in your belt.

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I paid in for fifty-two years. I'm still paying in but that does not increase the amount I receive now.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
Thanks for the post. It articulated what I have believed to be most liberals motivations for some time. We all want everyone to do well. Most liberals seem to put their own feelings about being compassionate above actually helping people overcome bad situations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 802 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,390
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.