Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
NMLady Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Just got a call from Ken a little while ago, He is headed home. NO bear!!!
He should be rolling in around midnight our time.

This has been a hard week for us without Ken. I had to put our daughters cat down. This is the cat that our daughter found as a 10 week old, and she was the only one to hold her for a long time. As the cat got older, she claimed Ken and would follow him around and use his legs as pillows while he types away on the computer.

-J

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry for your loss Judy. Glad he is headed home.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, darn it, on both instances! frown

I know y'all will be glad when he gets home though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Give Ken our regards along with condolences of his getting skunked on his bear hunt...

but then again, that is why they call it hunting, vs Shooting..

N
NMLady Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Bears 2
Ken 0

Glad he had a good time, now its back to the "Honey do list" when he gets home....do you think he will see the 4 cans of stain for our deck? wink

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by NMLady
Bears 2
Ken 0

Glad he had a good time, now its back to the "Honey do list" when he gets home....do you think he will see the 4 cans of stain for our deck? wink

Prolly not.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bears 2
Ken 0

He should get ahold of deflave and see who goes bear hunting the longest without getting a bear...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tell Ken I went 17 years before getting a bear....no worries yet. grin

After that, I apparently had learned from every possible mistake you could make, cause I killed one every year for the next seven years, then gave it up....thinking I had enough rugs. wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hello Judy...just put a big sign on the paint cans for Ken. grin Please tell him hello for me. How are the youngsters?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Judy, just tell Ken that bears are stinky anyway and he's lucky he didn't get one. See, if he'd a stayed home and stained the deck he'd already been done... and still not have a bear.

Sorry about Brenna's cat.

Kent

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Had a great time hunting bear in Arizona.

First off,the Apaches were doing prescribed & controlled burns in the area where we found bear tracks. Second,the acorn crop this year was way down. Other than that little setback it was fun.

On Monday the dogs had a hot bear scent,but,being only an 1-1/2 hours before dark,we didn't let them run the bear. Friday just a little after noon,they caught a very hot scent of a bear. With 6 dogs running,4 came back to the truck and the other two treed the bear. When the guides employee tried to get close to the treed bear,the dogs saw him,broke off from the bear and then the bear shimmied down and hauled a** out of there.

The employee said it was a very nice sized bear.

Did see deer,elk lots of turkey and even a bobcat.

Not getting a bear just gives me an excuse to go back. wink

Will post a few pics I took later when Judy gets them loaded on the puter.

Bandit( Brenna's cat) dying this week was very hard on me.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I figured you had a good time, bear, or no bear. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad that you had a good time, but the rest of it sucks. I have never been mad at a bear, but support those that want to shoot one. I saw this week where someone in Bradley county Arkansas killed a mountain lion, after years of the G&F telling us there were none here. Seems that they declined to prosecute him even though the regs. say that you can't kill one. I don't know the circumstances and it may have attacked him. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Miles,that's hunting. smile

The guide/outfitter said if we see a mountain lion I could kill it with no charge.

Did see a bobcat,I asked if I could shot it,he said "No,the season doesn't start till Dec. 1st." Well we were in the Game wardens office as he was looking for info as to where they had seen bears. I pick up a non-member regs for the rez and there in plain print is "Bobcat,Nov.1st-March 31st." We had a good laugh over that. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry you lost your kitty Ken, that really sucks, glad you had a good time even though you came home empty handed.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Losing the kitty is still a shock for me. Brenna and I are planning on getting another kitten.

Not getting a critter is nothing new for me,like I said earlier it just gives me an excuse to go back.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

The guide/outfitter said if we see a mountain lion I could kill it with no charge.

Did see a bobcat,I asked if I could shot it,he said "No,the season doesn't start till Dec. 1st." Well we were in the Game wardens office as he was looking for info as to where they had seen bears. I pick up a non-member regs for the rez and there in plain print is "Bobcat,Nov.1st-March 31st." We had a good laugh over that. smile

I have spent countless hours hunting behind bear hounds. Oregon had a hunting season and an additional chase season. Great fun but now the liberal pukes have outlawed bear and cougar hunting with dogs. Memories are all that is left.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

I have spent countless hours hunting behind bear hounds. Oregon had a hunting season and an additional chase season. Great fun but now the liberal pukes have outlawed bear and cougar hunting with dogs. Memories are all that is left.

We need to insure that no more areas are closed to hunting. No matter what the style. We also need to concentrate on re-opening those that are closed now, or change the laws back when the legislators are conservative enough to change it.

It's a never ending fight now, that we have not seen the magnitude of for decades.

Pisses me right off that they take our freedoms and liberties. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Me too.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Bears 2
Ken 0

I just can't restrain myself anymore - though I SHOULD!
Judy = please tell me it's NOT Behr stain!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (808outdoors, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 21, 1Longbow, 10 invisible), 14,354 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,929
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.