65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How do they shoot?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't shot that exact model, but the Buckmark series of pistols are about as well proven as any. I would buy with confidence.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 65BR
How do they shoot?

Like every gun I've ever shot - - Better than I do.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
65BR: I have several BuckMark pistols and one BuckMark pistol/Rifle thingy that is a pistol frame made into a heavy long barreled mini-Rifle.
They all shoot quite well over sandbags and from improvised rests in the field.
I use them to Hunt small game and Varmints.
They all have excellent triggers and the extra magazines are available and not to pricey (I am buying another one tomorrow for $26.00 - new and no tax).
My Browning BuckMark SS Camper is the newest addition of mine and I have one season under my belt with it.
It functions perfectly and I have maybe 200 rounds through it.
I have only shot it enough to know that the hard to find Winchester Power-Points 40 grain bullets shoot the best so far.
I carry mine in a folding handled pistol rug and do not carry it in a holster ever.
If you are contemplating buying one of these I say GO for it.
I wish I could give a little more direction to your specific inquiry "how does it shoot" but its just to new to me to be more precise right now.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yes they shoots,I have one...accurate sucks, and it shoot subsonics well too.

IC B2

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well my Bass Pro points are used....gun had 2-3 misfires of WW Xpert, seems like value priced 36 HPs, all but one fired when tried again. Strong firing pin hit so not an issue w/gun.

Like feel, sights, overall weight and balance. May have to set it up for a red dot someday. Like the trigger out the box, sure seems to be a better fit, value, etc. vs a MkIII. Loved MK IIs in the past. A fellow in the KNOW told me Ruger is thinking about bringing back the II. Apparently alot of flack over the lawyer induced changes.

Also like it's about 10oz less IIRC than the 5.5 Bull MK II, so will be preferred for fishing trips for snakes since I sold my Astra Constable and Beretta 70S. Both accurate and reliable, but this Camper is a much better all around gun that is deadly accurate. Ladies can struggle w/the weight of the MK II bull so this should be a better way, and easier to shoot then a pocket auto.

Thanks all. I had fun today giving it a trial run. Need a few clips and will be set.

BTW, I have pinking as well as CCI MM and WW PPs, but has anyone run Stingers in one, how did they shoot?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
6.5BR,

I have one of the "Lite Green" target models and think very highly of it.

I found while shooting speed steel competitions with it, that some ammo was more reliable that others in the cold winter months.

Pretty much anything would go bang in good weather, but CCI Blazers were hands down the best in the cold. I simply adopted them for everything in that firearm from then on.

They usually come with very good triggers and those can be worked on if you want. Mags are easy to find and inexpensive.

If you don't like the magazine lock (won't fire without a mag in it) that can be defeated.

They run really well with optics on deck. I have a cheap Tru Glo reflex sight on mine that turned it into a laser... smile

Good luck with yours and have fun!

[Linked Image]

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If that is 25 yds, it rivals my 5.5 MkIIs and closes in on the Slab side Comp. Is that base OEM, or aftermarket, tell me more about the sight. Good shooting. Thanks for post.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend has the buckmark rifle. It is the easiest rifle to shoot ever. Damn is that thing accurate and fun. Eats whatever ammo you run through it. Thats coming from a High Standard guy.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
65BR, I bought a new udx stainless plus a few month back, havent shot it yet. I did a little research and found alot of good things said about them, so I picked it over a new mk3 stainless competition.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
how sad.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will be looking to put a hi-vis front sight on mine, any suggestions?

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by huntsman22
how sad.....

Indeed!

Haven't shot it yet, Woodsman? Get going! you're gonna love it.

I only have one Buckmark, an old Challenge (not Challenger) model. Still one of my favorites. In completely stock condition (other than thousands of rounds through it) with open sights, I bust clay pigeons with it at 50 yds at will. That's pretty good for these old eyes.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of the Buckmark line. There were reports of the sight base on the Camper breaking, but I don't know if they still use the same plastic sight base that was causing the problem. At any rate - that can be easily replaced, and might as well upgrade the base for a scope base when doing so.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I called Browning after finding a thread on that - no more - they use metal on the new ones wink

BT53 - let me know what base that is, and about that sight. Thanks.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Yes they shoots,I have one...accurate sucks, and it shoot subsonics well too.

Shots well, and it's very accurate - don't know how my spell checker got sucks in there

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 65BR
BT53 - let me know what base that is, and about that sight. Thanks.

Sorry 6.5, got busy and forgot about your thread.

Yes, that was 25 yards. Hitting pop cans or clay birds @ 100 is no big thing with it.

The scope mount is from Tactical Solutions.
If you get one, be sure to sight in the irons before mounting optics - that way your ready to go if the optics fail.

Here's the Truglo optic.
http://www.truglo.com/pc_product_de...p;catid=52E3D7409570433EBF69FA2CBEB51CA6

BT53

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

BT53

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
BT - Thanks for link.

Spot - no problem

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
My Camper came with the plastic rear sight base (bought it a number of years ago) that was twisted, so I installed the Tactical Solutions rail. I had to file down the top of the rear sight to get it low enough, but like it otherwise.

These are even better with a suppressor.
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 11 invisible), 1,281 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,212
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.