Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Friday night we had a dusting of snow. Tonight I shoveled 18" of snow off the deck, and we are supposed get 6 to 8" tonight. This isn't January is it?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The lower 48 has received our winter weather. We have above average temps and the little snow we got melted off.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
The lower 48 has received our winter weather. We have above average temps and the little snow we got melted off.

We sure did. We had snow a couple of days and it got down to 17 or 18 degrees last night.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's globl warming caused by SUC's and cattle farts

The world is so hot that it is cold

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12
It's globl warming caused by SUC's and cattle farts

The world is so hot that it is cold

Light a match and let me know how it goes. smile

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Send that stuff our way would ya!!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty much a white out in most of Cass county Michigan

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it got down to 17 or 18 degrees last night.

I am ten miles north of Grants Pass, Oregon. The temp on my porch at 6AM was 16*. It was 27* inside the manufacturing plant in town!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It does suck! I think you may have gotten hit a little harder than we did.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sun just set and it's 42, above.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm at our lake farm in no. WI (a little less than an hour south of Ashland, WI). It never got out of single digits today, and is headed for -6F tonight.
The storm last week dumped a little over 20", and it has snowed a little every day since, and is right now. The lake our farm is on is frozen; some folks already fishin' the hard water for late fall walleye. (Is is still fall?).

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My wife lived in Anchorage for 35 years. She says that every time the Pacific got one of those typhoons that moved north, AK would get a blast of warm air and all the snow would melt. However, they cause the jet stream to move south and freeze the tails off the northern 48.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is our 2ndwinter since we moved from AK to MI. AK has had 1 mild winter and working on a 2nd. Mi has had 1 hard winter and working on a 2nd. Do you see the connection?

My challenge to all Alaskans and all Michiganders, who's gonna pay more to keep us in what state.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

My challenge to all Alaskans and all Michiganders, who's gonna pay more to keep us in what state.

How could you go wrong with either? The UP of MI is a special place. Few actually know its beauty, however I'm not sure it could every compare with AK, or many places in Canada. IMHO, payment to keep you is in your heart. I could live in any place that has the beauty of what these north country places have to offer. There are many that would not even consider what we find to be beautiful.
Enduring the cold is not for the thin-skinned. I'm a Great Lakes guy. I've fished and boated them all. I'll admit that a short trip to the Gulf has always been a welcome break from it, but my heart is in the north. I've been lucky to have been around aircraft for my entire life and able take it all in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry about your shoveling, 46 here now. Down to 43 tonight, 74 tomorrow.
We just want rain.

Sean
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Five inches of heavy wet snow and eight degrees here, supposed to be almost 60 degrees by the weekend. I haven't had electric since around 0900 on the seventeenth. Hope it is back on by the time I get home in the morning or I will have to drag out the generator and hook the fridge and freezer up for a shot of juice.
Bill

You do not have to have had a psychotic episode to work here, it just saves time!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Friday night we had a dusting of snow. Tonight I shoveled 18" of snow off the deck, and we are supposed get 6 to 8" tonight. This isn't January is it?

You guys doin' some serious baitin' for our comrade Rancho-Azzho.... Any guess on a time line??

laugh laugh laugh

But I digress - yeah, it's a somewhat early onset of winter.. What's bad is that all the heavy snow north of me will be hell on the deer herd. That, and the wolf packs will further thin the population.. Reports from those I talk to every day in town say that deer hunting in that area (Webster, Cushing, Minong etc) is nearly impossible unless they're wearin' snow shoes.

I know the area well - it's where I normally hunt. The country is rough enough when there's 6-8".. Deepest I've personally hunted in up there was about 10-12".. I can't imagine what 18"+ would be like..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I blew the driveway this morning with about 6'' of snow, then again at noon with 4', now it got about 4'' again!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys got hit pretty decently. I stopped by my folks tonight he got plowed out this AM and tonight he about another 8" or so. Being only 10 miles north of you, we didn't get as much as you guys.

Don't worry, in April it will melt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

How could you go wrong with either? The UP of MI is a special place. Few actually know its beauty, however I'm not sure it could every compare with AK, or many places in Canada. IMHO, payment to keep you is in your heart. I could live in any place that has the beauty of what these north country places have to offer. There are many that would not even consider what we find to be beautiful.
Enduring the cold is not for the thin-skinned. I'm a Great Lakes guy. I've fished and boated them all. I'll admit that a short trip to the Gulf has always been a welcome break from it, but my heart is in the north. I've been lucky to have been around aircraft for my entire life and able take it all in.

Problem is, I'm not in the UP, wish to hell I was but I'm stuck down here in SW Mi. It's not bad but let's just say it's a real hard adjustment to MI life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,115 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,903
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.