Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wonderful thread, thanks gents.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the urge to sh�t in everyone else's bowls of pudding.

Dr. Howell, I have him on ignore and it bothers him. All people are not "trophy" hunters although I usually don't shoot one this small unless it has the screwed up racks that we have in this area. I do pass on lots of deer every year and have not been without deer meat in more years than I can recall. I am happy with my system and since it is all legal, so is the Arkansas Game and Fish commission. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
At least one Campfire fecalneuric likes to imply that my friends have become my friends because I've given 'em nice things.

180� off-course, Buddy Boy! (A simplicity beyond your ability to comprehend, I know.)

One of my eternal regrets is that I don't have enough of anything to give something of value to every one of my friends � many of whom I haven't even met yet.

well, if the truth be known, no matter if everyone wants to accept it or not, the friendship thing came a long long time before the part about something of value. I have been on the recieving end of both.
Ken can be kind of crusty at times, which gives him some of his charm. I don't think he has ever suffered fools easily. He has a very precise mindset in things, which is the reason he wrote that wonderful book on reforming brass, and the reason it turned out so well. It is the same type of mindset my grandson has, the air force engineer type.
My biggest problem which i have to overcome is taking the something of value out in the woods for fear of scratching it. I am working up to it. Without a doubt, Dr. Howell is a national treasure in the gun world, for just a whole bunch of reasons, and I have treasured the time i have had to spend with him. My regret in that area is he is hard of hearing and so am I, and we are about at the point of having to use sign language.
I think those of us that have gone up to quemato every year truely value the richness of the experience, it seems like it's better every year. And that, is the direct result of Howell. I am aware of quite a few things this man has done out of the goodness of his heart, with no thought of self benefit in mind. A few of the recipients have already posted on this thread, and know what i am talking about. He is a better man than I for sure.
And see, I learned a new word today, fecalneuric. I am going to use that.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/20/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No reason to care about what he says.
I do the same thing and will continue to do it in the future.
Nice rifle by the way. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
the urge to sh�t in everyone else's bowls of pudding.

Dr. Howell, I have him on ignore and it bothers him. All people are not "trophy" hunters although I usually don't shoot one this small unless it has the screwed up racks that we have in this area. I do pass on lots of deer every year and have not been without deer meat in more years than I can recall. I am happy with my system and since it is all legal, so is the Arkansas Game and Fish commission. miles

Miles, when i first saw that rifle, i was thinking it was not just a rifle on many levels. I would call it a work of art.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
At least one Campfire fecalneuric likes to imply that my friends have become my friends because I've given 'em nice things.

180� off-course, Buddy Boy! (A simplicity beyond your ability to comprehend, I know.)

One of my eternal regrets is that I don't have enough of anything to give something of value to every one of my friends � many of whom I haven't even met yet.

Ken, you've given me your friendship by the fire - that is plenty for me.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This is a wonderful thread. Thanks for starting it, Ken.

Gorgeous rifle, too. Congratulations, Miles.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I don't think he has ever suffered fools easily.

I've seen where fellas on this forum have used that same excuse to justify that Alaskan dude bein' a pure prick to others on this forum for no reason other than to just do it. If you can't share your wisdom with other men without denigrating them in the process...it's likely not the 'others' who are the fools.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

� If you can't share your wisdom with other men without denigrating them in the process...it's likely not the 'others' who are the fools.

Thanks for sharing that priceless gem of wisdom WITHOUT (?) denigrating anybody!

(By implication but not directly! Ticklish job slickly done.) laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Not just the physical gifts, but your time, knowledge, sense of humor, and your willingness to share them all without limit, without condition, and without hesitation are the things we appreciate about you, Ken.

I have also been the recipient of Ken's generosity and cherish all of it.

Ed

Beautifully stated and one hundred percent in the bullseye Ed. A finer friend than Ken would be hard to find.

An equally fine rifle sits just beyond my reach as I write this along with a pair of shooting sticks. The most amazing gift and one I will remember until the day I go home but not nearly as wonder a gift as Ken's friendship over the years.

Like miles, I have a goal for the rifle Ken gave me. I want to post a picture of an elk taken with the rifle Ken gave me along with the story of how Ken and I went hunting. It will be a good story because every time I look at the rifle or pick it up my friend Ken is with me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
What a thoughtful and selfless gesture.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
� I don't think he has ever suffered fools easily. �

But I suffer 'em � in silence far more often than not.

The Campfire gives me a lot of practice � a lot of opportunities to choose whether to speak-out or to zip-a-lip.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

� If you can't share your wisdom with other men without denigrating them in the process...it's likely not the 'others' who are the fools.

Thanks for sharing that priceless gem of wisdom WITHOUT (?) denigrating anybody!

(By implication but not directly! Ticklish job slickly done.) laugh

It would make a great tag line. Great one antlers!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have to admit to similar acts of generosity. More than once I have given a birthday card that someone gave me to someone else. I just scratch out my name and write theirs in. It saves trying to think up something nice to say....

Last edited by shrapnel; 11/20/14.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I've seen where fellas on this forum have used that same excuse to justify that Alaskan dude bein' a pure prick to others on this forum for no reason other than to just do it. If you can't share your wisdom with other men without denigrating them in the process...it's likely not the 'others' who are the fools.

thats not even in the same ball park for what i meant. I have not seen him denigrate anybody, using your word. Maybe i should have said is he will point out inconsistency in thinking if that makes any sense. Like some of my questions about ballistics.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I see Ken Howell is up to his old tricks again.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
I've found that good deeds comes back ten fold in return.

Yeah, I've known for years that you can't really lose by giving and you can't really gain from stealing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tracks
Yeah, I've known for years that you can't really lose by giving and you can't really gain from stealing.

Pffffffffftttttttt.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Tracks

Pffffffffftttttttt.

Travis

I've seen lots of evidence to support my statement, both in my own life and from watching others.
Things even out.
In the case of giving, sometimes there is only the opportunity to regain the value of the gift that comes along, Nobody is going to hand it to you.
I've never know a thief that had very much, even when they're taking everything not nailed down.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All I know is my kids' piggy bank is empty and I ain't thirsty.

Travis

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 02bfishn, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,724
Posts18,475,806
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.