Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by slumlord
What a lame excuse to kill a young buck. Just come out and say you suck as a whitetail hunter, deny kids a chance at a buck like that an have no trigger restraint.

This bespeaks an obsession that puzzles me no end � the urge to sh�t in everyone else's bowls of pudding. Can't imagine the imagination that gives rise to it or any satisfaction that it may provide.

Hey!! How is it that y'all can type [bleep] and we can't? I'm feeling oppressed! shocked

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been fortunate to get to know Ken, later than most, and I wish that I lived closer so that I could get to know him better. I will get around to posting on a gift from Ken when the time is right. In the meantime, I will say that we benefit far more from his knowledge, intellect and sense of humor than from his selfless material gifts.

Last edited by mudhen; 11/20/14.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use the force, Luke! You must learn the ways of the Force!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
All I know is my kids' piggy bank is empty and I ain't thirsty.

Travis

I doubt very much if that is true.grin

I only stated a long term observation, there may be exceptions for ranking fire members.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What a thoughtful and selfless gesture.

Travis

I see what you did there..

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mudhen
I have been fortunate to get to know Ken later than most and I wish that I lived closer so that I could get to know him better. I will get around to posting on a gift from Ken when the time is right. In the meantime, I will say that we benefit far more from his knowledge, intellect and sense of humor than from his selfless material gifts.

you said what i was trying to say, only you said it a lot better.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Doc, please know that I am always here for you,,,,and your stuff!!! grins

Good post, Doc Ken.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton

Dr. Howell, I have him on ignore and it bothers him. All people are not "trophy" hunters although I usually don't shoot one this small unless it has the screwed up racks that we have in this area. I do pass on lots of deer every year and have not been without deer meat in more years than I can recall. I am happy with my system and since it is all legal, so is the Arkansas Game and Fish commission. miles

I don't think that guy's comments are even worth of a response & I don't know a thing about him other than that post.

Might be a clue in his screen name though...........

MM

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
the urge to sh�t in everyone else's bowls of pudding.

Dr. Howell, I have him on ignore and it bothers him. All people are not "trophy" hunters although I usually don't shoot one this small unless it has the screwed up racks that we have in this area. I do pass on lots of deer every year and have not been without deer meat in more years than I can recall. I am happy with my system and since it is all legal, so is the Arkansas Game and Fish commission. miles

I have decided to join you. I know you and I know Ken. The two of you are the kind of people I enjoy being around.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
An interesting thing happened as I was planning for this last bunch of rifles to go to the best homes.

Giving about a dozen rifles and shotguns away one or two at a time was going way too slow as I felt myself sliding ever closer to the crematorium. There had to be a way to expedite the purge of my gun safe and gun cabinet.

I made a two-column list � the remaining rifles and the preferred recipients for them. Rifle A, I thought, should go to Friend A, Rifle B to Friend B, and so on. I really pored over that list and poured a lot of careful thought into it.

Then flashed a wild idea � ask the guys what their druthers are. So I sent 'em all the list on the same PM.

Good thing I did. They set me straight in a hurry. Friend A voiced his preference for Rifle C � and so it went. Don't know how I would've settled the issue if two friends were to say that they had the hots for the same rifle � but fortunately, that didn't happen. Only one of the rifles wound-up going to the fellow whose name I'd first put on it. All the rest varied from my list.

For example, one friend whom I'd thought-of as a collector responded as a shooter, and another spoke of his deep interest in the �collector� rifle.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then flashed a wild idea � ask the guys what their druthers are. So I sent 'em all the list on the same PM.

When I got that PM, I never dreamed that I would end up with a rifle, much less one of such great beauty. I have mixed feelings about using it. Logic tells me it is a tool and needs to be used, but when I look at it, I am scared of marring it. I am compromising by only taking it when I think that it will not rain, and yes I know that it will stand getting wet. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Travis

Holy Chit! I spit beer out my gottdamn nose on that one you phhuckhead!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

When I got that PM, I never dreamed that I would end up with a rifle, much less one of such great beauty. I have mixed feelings about using it. Logic tells me it is a tool and needs to be used, but when I look at it, I am scared of marring it. I am compromising by only taking it when I think that it will not rain, and yes I know that it will stand getting wet. miles

kind of the way i feel miles. But while Ken probably was not thinking this i am sure, what it ended up doing for me was reforming brass and other stuff that i hadn't done in 20 years, and broadening my knowlege base so to speak. Which he may have had in mind all along.
I have learned a lot from him, and that is not trying to butter him up in any way, it's just the truth.
His book is excellent.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Travis

Did you ever hear the one about his wife and kid and his mom? Talk about spitting beer out of your nose....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
I said give me what you want, I got nothing. cry grin

The above is all in jest.

That rifle is truly a work of art, and in my favourite caliber.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Travis

Did you ever hear the one about his wife and kid and his mom? Talk about spitting beer out of your nose....

No. I'm afraid I missed it. Hopefully it will be told at the VFW. Or you could share the link if you'd like. smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"suffering fools gladly"

Despite what Paul says in 2 Corinthians 11:19, I have to wonder whether anybody is actually glad to have fools mouthing their inanities among us.

If so, any thread here, on any subject, very soon becomes a nucleus for celebration.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fools don't suffer wisdom gladly.

"Good enough" isn't.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dr. Howell, steelhead, big stick are only a few that I would like to meet, have only met two from here so far.
The rest keep avoiding me. whistle

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess he wasn't looking for a "Clunker".

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

720 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 3,183 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,744
Posts18,476,091
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.