Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sooo...Bristoe, if you ever become entangled in a shootout protecting your own, are you going to trade the bad guy shot for shot?

"Darn it - I missed. Your turn to shoot, sir. I'd hate to be disproportionate or anything."

My thoughts on Hezbollah: If and when they meet ALL Israeli demands, it might be overkill if Israel continues to bomb the crap out of them...after a week or so.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The only thing disproportionate is the international treatment of Israel. If it were US troops that were kidnapped and if it was New York that was hit with 700 rockets, Lebanon would be a grease spot and few if any would say a word about it.

i say we make that grease spot in lebanon and light the grease on fire....wait thats called Hell and thats coming for those not waiting for the cloud rider.

God says turn the other cheek. not lay down and die or give the world up to non believers(yet)

Last edited by Korps; 07/21/06.

i'm retired,,,or is it Really tired,,,i forget

retirement is to dang busi for me...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is the quote by Goebbels which your post brings to mind, Steve.

�The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.�

Bristo, while you are good with a quote, and you can finesse a phrase, your head is usually up your butt. Nothing sadder than a smart guy with a really stupid world view.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sophistry has been used to describe B. here in the past.

"...the IInd Amendment is not about duck hunting..." Suzanne Hupp
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

�The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.�

Followed by: �If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.�

And: �Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.�

Finally: �Intellectual activity is a danger to the building of character�
�Faith moves mountains, but only knowledge moves them to the right place�

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, very intresting, let me take a crack at it..

Tax cut for the ritch, tax cut for the rich, tax cut for the rich.

Starving our children, starving our children, starving our children.

Yes, I'm think I'm getting the Goebbels thing down.

No wmd's, no wmd's, no wmd's

Haliburton, Haliburton, Haliburton.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The people of Lebanon are responsible for the actions of their government.

Some of the people of Lebanon voted to elect members of Hezbelloh into their government.

Now, Hezbelloh is part of the government. The people of Lebanon - all the people - agreed to let Hezbelloh become part of the government, even if individual Lebonese voted for the opposition candidate, because they agreed to be part of the electoral system.

So what's a Lebanese Christian (for example) to do, then if his government - or a part of it - commits acts of terrorism against a neighboring state? He didn't vote the Hezbelloh ticket.

The way I see it, he's got two choices. He does everything he can to bring down his government, or at least the terrorist portion of it.

Or he accepts personal responsibility for the sh*t storm that's headed his way.

50 million abortions in America now. Are YOU tjm10025 personally responsible?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, very intresting, let me take a crack at it..

Tax cut for the ritch, tax cut for the rich, tax cut for the rich.

Starving our children, starving our children, starving our children.

Yes, I'm think I'm getting the Goebbels thing down.

No wmd's, no wmd's, no wmd's

Haliburton, Haliburton, Haliburton.

I think he's got it. By George, he's got it.

Bush lied, people died. Bush lied, people died. Bush lied, people died.

It's easy, everybody join in !!

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've been swatting a lot of flies lately. I'm sure that death, compared to using the top of my head as a landing field, is terribly disproportional from the flies' side of it.

So be it. I couldn't care less about the touchy-feely liberal view of it.

All that Israel's foes have to do is to stop � which is not an option for Israel, who has stopped too many times already, without being left to exist safely and peacefully.
.....No need for me to express my view ,it's already been said,and well said!

G
G
"Disproportionate force" sounds just like "excessive force" here in the good old US of A. The way I look at it, if Leroy enters my abode at 2AM with a .38 Special in his hand and I put two .45 in his boiler room, too bad! He wasn't invited in... If you start it, you better damn well be able to finish it. Land for peace does not work, period! What I don't understand is why doesn't every Jew in the US vote Republican? If it wasn't for use, they would be in deep camel doo-doo... Good luck to our Jewish Bros...

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Now the Lebanese Govt. is saying if Israel comes in to take out the Hezbollah ( which the Lebanese Govt. was supposed to disarm them years ago, according to the UN plan for Israel to leave Lebanon ) their military will fight along side Hezbollah. Just where are the Lebanese Govt. and the (terorrists) Hezbollah any different? If Lebanon's military fights along side Hebollah's militia you have not even begun to see diproportionate!!!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Israel is making war against the civillian population of Lebanon and using the presense of hezbollah to justify it.

Israel spits in the faces of the nations which ly in proximity to it,... then, when those nations slap at them, Israel goes in with overwhelming force and creates a bloodbath, while screaming "they started it!"

The world is waking up to their aggression.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow... always nice to hear opinions from the twilight zone.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bristo
"Israel is making war against the civillian population of Lebanon and using the presense of hezbollah to justify it.

Israel spits in the faces of the nations which ly in proximity to it,... then, when those nations slap at them, Israel goes in with overwhelming force and creates a bloodbath, while screaming "they started it!"

The world is waking up to their aggression. "

As usual Bristo has it ass backwards. Israel is forced to bring war to Lebanon Civilians because Hezbollah insists that the civilians live in their armed camps. The brave freedom fighters hide behind women and children. The UN and the government of Lebanon though mandated to stop this, have done nothing. Even you should be able to see the truth here fellow, 'ceptin you just ignore it in order to push your anti American agenda.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 07/22/06.

Sam......

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

As usual Bristo has it ass backwards. Israel is forced to bring war to Lebanon Civilians because Hezbollah insists that the civilians live in their armed camps. The brave freedom fighters hide behind women and children. The UN and the government of Lebanon though mandated to stop this, have done nothing. Even you should be able to see the truth here fellow, 'ceptin you just ignore it in order to push your anti American agenda.

I realize that that's the "news" that we get on the situation here in the states.

By the way,.. America isn't Israel. Being critical of Israel isn't anti American,... if fact, it's quite the opposite.

The fact that this needs to be pointed out is very revealing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As perhaps you might guess, I wouldn't make a particularly good Zionist; but in this situation I am not inclined to judge Israel. Whenever Israel has taken a mind to kick some Muslim butt, she has always kicked it right up between their ears. Israel is like a big ugly scary dog, and it's an important life lesson to learn that A) you don't go around twisting the tails of big ugly scary dogs and then dancing away, and B) it's not a good idea to let people near you do that, or hang around them if they insist on it. Hezbollah has made its move by launching all those Katyushas over the years. Lebanon has made its move by allowing Hezbollah to use its territory. Now it's Israel's turn, and Israel seems to be making good use of it. Whining doesn't wash; when your turn is over, it's over.

Soon enough, Hezbollah's and Lebanon's turns will come back around; until then I'm content to sit back and watch Israel.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Whenever Israel has taken a mind to kick some Muslim butt, she has always kicked it right up between their ears.

Lebanon has a very significant Christian population and the bombs don't discriminate.

The Lebanese government is also pro American.

I never thought I'd see a good anti government Libertarian such as yourself endorsing the killing of civillian populations by a government,.. but I suppose the Israeli government is an exception to you,..eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Israel is making war against the civillian population of Lebanon and using the presense of hezbollah to justify it.

The world is waking up to their aggression.

Bristoe,
Do you post this stuff just to stir things up or do you really believe what you write?
Either way,you alienate yourself from most of us here at the CampFire...
You know that Hezbullah started this by kidnapping solders and they wanted a response from the UN,just like you gave here...
You should probably think before you type next time...
Bart

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Bristoe,
Do you post this stuff just to stir things up or do you really believe what you write?
Either way,you alienate yourself from most of us here at the CampFire...
You know that Hezbullah started this by kidnapping solders and they wanted a response from the UN,just like you gave here...
You should probably think before you type next time...
Bart

I've been thinking about the situation in the Middle East,... and studying it more closely than most for a long, long time.

That's why my perspective is a bit different than those who form their opinion from 30 second soundbites on FOX News.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wheelwright, Kentucky, was an Inland Steel Company coal-mining town when we lived there, 1940�1945 � a pretty rough place, all around. Among the boys my age � all pretty good kids � fist fights were a favorite sport. No gloves, no dedicated venue, just what you had on the ends of your arms and wherever you happened to be.

Almost no rules, either. "Fist" is misleading � just about anything that you could do was kosher to beat the other kid � except that you weren't supposed to get mad or to take the fight seriously. All in the name of entertainment.

For them, not for me. I never enjoyed any of it � I was always the smaller and weaker of the two and lost most of such encounters. They weren't fun for me, and I didn't feel the least obliged or inclined to make 'em fun for the other kids.

I fought as hard as I could, seriously, for just two reasons � (a) the bigger kids wouldn't let me not fight, and (b) I wanted each fight to be my last. Period. Paragraph. Let's do something else. Together, preferably � peacefully.

That's why Israel's current situation seems to me to be deja vu gone international � totally apart from who's who over there and who's for whom here. Nit-picking obviously biased, preformed political views has no great relevance for me.

Just get it over with, Israel! Do whatever you have to do.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,697 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,298
Posts18,525,879
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.