Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I turned 70 in Oct and am starting to sell of some of my collection.

TIKKA T3 Lite in 338 Federal now listed.

Following will be listed in the next few months.

NIB Ruger #1 in 450 Nitro
LNIB Ruger #1 in 7MM (Awesome wood)
TIKKA 595 in 308 Win
TIKKA T3 Lite in 270 Win
LNIB Win 1885 Low Wall in 6.5x55
Rem CDL SS in 257 Roy (Accurized)

I don't need any of these firearms and there are many others that will be sold off in the coming years.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm 83 and basically stopped hunting except for a couple of weeks during various seasons, so I am giving some to friends and to a favorite 22 year old grand nephew. What the hell do I need with more than 2 rifles and one shotgun? Can only sahoot one at a time anyhow.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jbmi
I'll turn 70 this month and just finished my 54th deer season.
Over those 54 years I"ve collected a number of hunting rifles that now just sit in the safe.
My go to rifle is a custom LH 308 that I'll keep, but I have about 6 others that range in value from $700 to $1500
I've already passed along 3 to my son who is my hunting partner and could give the rest to him, but again who needs 9 deer rifles. (ya I know, who doesn't need that many)
My concern is, I have X number of items that are worth X $, if I sell them for X $ what do I do with the money?
I"m afraid I'd just piss it away and then I don't have either the guns nor the money.
What are the rest of you old farts doing?

My guns will only be sold after my funeral and i'm not there to stop it . I told my wife to make sure my son gets them all.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I'm only 45, but what I did was make provisions in my will. My best friend will get three rifles of his choice after the three that my daughter will receive specifically. My wife could care less about a rifle. The rest will be sold under his supervision and the money goes to my family.

Like another fella mentioned, I've got way too many and I'm gonna sell a few and upgrade. After that I'll hang onto them like Grim Death.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by cdhunt
I'm 83 and basically stopped hunting except for a couple of weeks during various seasons, so I am giving some to friends and to a favorite 22 year old grand nephew. What the hell do I need with more than 2 rifles and one shotgun? Can only sahoot one at a time anyhow.
Good deal

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Good deal

Hey Rick,

New question is at what age do I start thinning down my knife collection?

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sell em, then use the moneys for something you will use and enjoy.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I will be 64 tomorrow and I am still buying guns. The only guns that get sold are those that did not perform as expected. I expect my guns to be handed down to family members, unless it is the left handed models. So far there are no lefties in the family other than me. I have told my son that if anything happens to me to keep them until he and his sister are through having kids. If there are no left handers, he is to sell or give to friends.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just keep'm, let somebody else worry about it. So what if they sell them and don't get every dollar their worth you won't care, you'll be dead.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I turned 60 this year and gave some to my son.
When the government comes to confiscate your guns make sure the barrels are nice and warm.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm 74 and just bought one no more than 20 minutes ago. grin

I did sell a few last spring to pay for my wife's cataract operations she had in both eyes, money very well spent IMHO.

My hunting days are about over, but I have two safes and a couple of cabinets full, it just gives me pleasure to own them. I am still shooting metallic silhouette and .22 benchrest.

I don't have anyone to leave them to except my wife, so she will have to figure it out when the time comes, she has a DVD of pix and values.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They will fit. Take-em with you. I plan to.
]
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Good deal

Hey Rick,

New question is at what age do I start thinning down my knife collection?[/quote]

Last edited by rickmenefee; 12/01/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
I don't have anyone to leave them to except my wife, so she will have to figure it out when the time comes, she has a DVD of pix and values.

Ummmm, Uncle York........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
half my guns are already gone to my sons. i only need half of them any ways when you are damn near seventy

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I will retire early next year and begin to unload a fair bit of the toys. I will be 53.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
2 years and 7 months ago at age 54 I had to start selling my guns do to med. and health troblems sold 58, mostly savage 99s but shotguns and pistols too. when your out of work and have bills to pay things have to go, still selling other things, as of today I have 16 days to go till my Social Sec. starts. I had been planning on what guns to buy as I hope to get back on my feet one day but, it hit me with No kids , and no one to realy leave them to, why buy more. I may up grade a pistol, or the odd 99, but my collecting days are over was fun while it lasted tho! P.S. Im a lefty! Grin

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm durn near 80. Still hunt, shoot and accumulate more firearms!
How ever, I do have a wife, that is a bit younger, who is also a Extreme Firearms Enthusiast, e sure that when my time comes, she will continue to make good use of what we have accumulated!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Starting to sell a few off.. Keeping a few of the custom shop M70s etc., but it's time to unload..

Last edited by Redneck; 12/01/14.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
None going down the road here as I have three grandsons up and coming who will inherent the lot when I'm gone.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not at that stage yet, nor is my 80 year old dadster. In fact, he's still buying them, to howls of outrage from me every time he does.
I could never use them all, so I'm knifing on him to start giving them away to the worthy cuzzins or put some on sale, get a table at the gun show.
When my time comes, I'll start stripping down, trying to give my toys a worthy home where they'll be used and appreciated.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (10ring1, 160user, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,712
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.