Page 1 of 2 1 2
NathanL Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ripped from another board.

Carson: Cops Could Be Trained to Shoot For The Legs

on Breitbart TV

26 Nov 2014 Dr. Ben Carson, author of "One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America's Future," argued that while Officer Darren Wilson did nothing wrong in the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, police should be better trained in non-lethal force such as shooting aggressors in the legs on Tuesday's "Hugh Hewitt Show."

"First of all, I don�t think that the police officer did anything wrong. Nevertheless, there are probably additional techniques and knowledge that he could have been given. So all along, we probably need to beef up the instructions for police officers in general so that they don�t place themselves in such dangerous situations" he stated.

Otto is my co-pilot.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Sounds like he has watched too many Hollywood westerns. An incredibly stupid remark.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
If Wilson did nothing wrong, why the push for "training". It would seem to me that it would not be needed. Criminals should be aware that once deadly force has to be used, there is a good chance they will be on the short end of the stick. How about that?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Sounds like he has watched too many Hollywood westerns. An incredibly stupid remark.

We had a Judge say that to us once. Needless to say,it was EASY to educate her. She learned. Doc Carson can learn.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A surgeon with few good and bad ideas does not a leader make.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
folks that haven't shot much or been trained in the shooting discipline often have misguided ideas.

doubt there's many on this board that could give us a good idea how to do the surgeries he performed

none of us are experts at everything, the man seems capable of learning to me and from what I can glean his heart's in the right place.

he's just had a very different background and upbringing than most of us that frequent here. How many of you jabronis voted for Mitt? ( I know I did) of bunny hunting fame?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

The more I hear from him the less I think of the idea of another black president.
I think there's a place for him in helping put our country back togeather (maybe director of HHS) but not president.

NathanL Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
One would think they would get educated on a variety of topics prior to announcing a run for president. I don't want a president that has to learn the basics on the job or you wind up with another Obama.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will only vote for white guys for president. They aren't the smartest guys around but they have every other race beat hands down.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Allen West

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I will only vote for white guys for president. They aren't the smartest guys around but they have every other race beat hands down.
Not if you're an example...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
he's just had a very different background and upbringing than most of us that frequent here. How many of you jabronis voted for Mitt? ( I know I did) of bunny hunting fame?

Its all fun and games, until you start losing wars.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Allen West

Acts a bit power hungry. As far as shootin perps, center mass works well.

For whatever reason people think it is a requirement to elect a black president, you need to pinch yourself and wake up.

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't, and won't, vote on race/color. I'll vote for the one that EARNS my vote, and it's been a damned long time since any candidate did that (though, one Congressional candidate did just that this year).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Dr. Carson does not appear to be as much of an expert on law enforcement or firearms as he is on pediatric neurosurgery. I can forgive him for that. I'll bet he recognizes that fact as well. The nice part is, I can ignore his race and still believe he is qualified to be president. There are a couple of others I think I could vote for as well. Wether or not they get the nomination is a long way off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently Ben doesn't realize Brown was a gentle giant. The officer was never in any danger.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not gonna google it but IIRC, the perp (can't remember his name either, don't make it a habit of remembering trash)

got hit in the hand or arm or something before the fatal wound

so looks like Wilson did as directed BC, so on to plan B

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Good point. I believe he did have a very close range wound to the hand suggesting a struggle for the gun. I think the gentle giant had several opportunities to avoid the ultimate outcome.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
As a gun expert, Dr Carson is a fine surgeon.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
SCT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Good point. I believe he did have a very close range wound to the hand suggesting a struggle for the gun. I think the gentle giant had several opportunities to avoid the ultimate outcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,800
Posts18,516,226
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.