Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Pat, Sorry but nothing with an order date of 3-29. What is your order number?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just ordered another Mickey. DickD, pull that order and get her done!!

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Rick contacted me, its squared away. Thanks for checking.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
To all:
Rick at 24hourcampfire is my customer on all these orders and he is the only one I will give any information on the status of the orders to. I will occasionally let you know what the oldest order date we are still working on is just to give you an idea of what our current lead times are, but for any questions on any order placed thru the campfire please contact Rick, not us.
Thanks, Dick

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got 6 on order, currently.....thru Rick. Wouldn't do it any other way. Thanks, Dick for chiming in here. I got an email today with sales specials on in stock stocks. I will have to check that out, too.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by DickD
Good Afternoon to all, hope you all had a very happy holiday feast. Concerning McMillans current lead times there is quite a bit of B.S in this thread. There is exactly one order left here with a June date which would be going on six months this month, and it will be ready to ship by Friday. All other orders have July or later dates. There are 7 with July dates which are right now at 5 months or less, and will all probably ship in the next 2 or 3 weeks or so.
Our incoming order volume has dropped down to about normal and we are rapidly catching on the huge order volume from the first of the year. We hope to be able to go to the SHOT SHOW in January and truthfully tell folks that we have about a 3 to 4 month lead time, or maybe less. Perhaps by then we will be down to our old normal 8 to 12 weeks.
Regards, Dick at McMillans

Here is my order from December 2013 that I still have not received, so I think there is some BS in your June date as being the oldest order. Along with waiting almost a year already for my stock, I also get to pay another $160 to have it imported to Canada now, perfect.

12/10/2013 Order Received
12/27/2013 ORDERED WITH MCMILLAN Hi Stuart:

Thank you very much for your McMillan purchase through 24hourcampfire.com's Gear Shop.

Below are the details of your order as they were sent to McMillan. Please review them for accuracy, and contact me immediately if any changes need to be made. Please note: McMillan's deadline for making changes is normally 4 weeks.

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x McMillan Ultralight EDGE Technology (Graphite) Hunting Stock (EDGE)

1a. Stock Pattern: Remington Classic
1b. Select Stock Orientation: Right-handed
1c. Construction/Fill Weight: Ultralight EDGE Construction
2a. Action Inlet: Defiance Long Action with .312" lug
2b. Select Action Orientation: Right-handed
2c. Bottom Metal Inlet: PT&G Oberndorf BDL
2d. Barrel Channel Inlet: Krieger #4
2e. Barrel Shank Length: 2"
3a. Rifle Caliber: 6.5-284
4a. Recoil Pad: 1-inch Sims Limbsaver
4b. Length of Pull: 13 1/2 (STANDARD)
5a. Finish: Three-Color Speckletone Granite
BROWN BASE with BLACK and TAN SPECKLETONE
5c. Sling Studs: Stainless Steel Studs
7b. International Shipping: Shipping to Canada
99. Special Instructions:
1] .312" Recoil Lug

Delivery Address
Stuart

AB, Canada

Here is an update on the balance remaining on your order:

Your stock is PAID IN FULL and will ship to you immediately upon completion

I will contact you when the order is ready (20-24 weeks) so you can anticipate delivery.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all. I am here to help!

Best regards from The Campfire.

Rick Bin
24hourcampfire.com
rickbin24hourcampfire.com

Last edited by sorth; 12/01/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Concerning McMillans current lead times there is quite a bit of B.S in this thread. There is exactly one order left here with a June date which would be going on six months this month, and it will be ready to ship by Friday.

Hmmmm.........apparently not. shocked

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
To all:
Rick at 24hourcampfire is my customer on all these orders and he is the only one I will give any information on the status of the orders to. I will occasionally let you know what the oldest order date we are still working on is just to give you an idea of what our current lead times are, but for any questions on any order placed thru the campfire please contact Rick, not us.
Thanks, Dick

Tough getting a response from Rick, I have emailed him and PM'd him and don't get a response, I have ordered quit a few stocks from Rick but this one has been a complete gong show. Another stock that I order in Jan 2014 was shipped Aug 2 to me, the way it should be. Not sure what is going on with my Dec order but I am really getting pissed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just curious why you paid in full up front?? I usually do $100 deposit and pay the rest right before delivery.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If lead times are getting back to normal I guess I'll have to contemplate getting one ordered smile

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Just curious why you paid in full up front?? I usually do $100 deposit and pay the rest right before delivery.

I have always paid for them upfront, just the way I am.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, I really want to get a new stock, but asap, not sure which way I will go, pleased with the last two McM, but will see if I have the patience. Must say a real time delivery of 3-4 Mos beats the heck out of 6-8....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wow! Some of you seem to be getting hosed. Maybe I should start looking more at Manners???

How much did you guys save by going through the Fire?...no pun intended.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hilarious.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Isn't it? Makes you wonder who's right and who's blowing smoke.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dooger
Wow! Some of you seem to be getting hosed. Maybe I should start looking more at Manners???

How much did you guys save by going through the Fire?...no pun intended.

Not difficult to look it up - compare McMillan prices on their site and Rick's in the outfitter's gear shop.

I've even changed/modified orders mid-stream. Never had a problem ordering through Rick.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If you Need Them Fast...Buy Them From McWhorters. Mcmillan Seems To Keep Them Stocked Up Pretty Well. They Have Been Listing Alot On Gunbroker. $525 Was Their Buy It Now With Edge Fill...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mull
If you Need Them Fast...Buy Them From McWhorters. Mcmillan Seems To Keep Them Stocked Up Pretty Well. They Have Been Listing Alot On Gunbroker. $525 Was Their Buy It Now With Edge Fill...

I tried that a couple of weeks ago. Understandably, they were pretty selective on what they would and wouldn't let go.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yea Guess It Helps Little if Your Local As Well...Redhawk Rifles Did Have Several As Well...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I know LOTS of orders that were running LONG that weren't ordered directly through McMillan, but many c u n ts on the 'Fire like to bitch about McMillan. That's not where the problem lies.

One example is someone I know that called McMillan and the stock had been ready for 2 months, the info passed to the 'middleman' but the info was never sent along to the final person.

That kind of crap happens more that a few times, but folks here will continue to bitch at McMillan.

Carry on

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.