Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 34 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 33 34
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Great, like we needed another crazy old guy on this thread.

Do *I* resemble THAT remark? smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wasn't thinking of you, but you may be protesting a bit much, lol.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the shoe fits... smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Great, like we needed another crazy old guy on this thread.

Damn. I resemble that remark. grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Isn't it ironic when a cop is accused we need the whole story but when a civilian is accused they're guilty right there. Supposedly there is a 9 minute youtube video where bystanders are asking to have cpr for the guy.

Probably why the EMT's got schitcanned.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Another crazy old guy here.

What do TRH and a crack ho have in common?

They both yell RAPE when you cuff them!

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I'll ask again. Please cite the experience you have in police training that grants you expert status....

Gitem: he didn't make it into the Academy...which is why he has such a case of the ass towards cops.

IRRC, Hawkeye did a stint as a white-coated thug in a hospital psych ward, so he probably knows a thing or two about getting compliance from the medicated and the helpless.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Isn't it ironic when a cop is accused we need the whole story but when a civilian is accused they're guilty right there. Supposedly there is a 9 minute youtube video where bystanders are asking to have cpr for the guy.

Probably why the EMT's got schitcanned.

Right, and the list of idiots that have joined the mob against police brutality in this case ignore this as much as the Brown Protesters ignored other evidence.

No better in intellect.

Certainly no better in responsibility.

But just as useful from a pawn standpoint as the critical thinkers in the streets.

I'm beginning to liken their actions to a "forum mob"

And they are burning down their own neighborhood with stupidity.

Some, I believe, just enjoy the discourse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by KFWA
I just wonder if all this national attention is going to result in policy change?

Police policy is a state and local issue but a national outcry across the nation might lead to some federal guidelines tied to funding.

What policy do you want changed?

Travis

here is something I'd support. It may be done in more states now.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ed-my-son-110038_Page2.html#.VIGTBMnRVAV

and that may be overkill if we just got to the point where every LEO had a body camera.

I would guess that given the video and all the peripheral information, that Garner's wife is going to get a fat settlement from the City for his death

and as body cameras show more examples of excessive police force (whether you think this was an example of it or not) having it documented is going to ultimately lead to more civil lawsuits that the police pay out (or settle out of court) -
which will result in wholesale policy change within a department.

So even if a policeman is justified within the law, if his actions end up costing the city $2m, that will motivate change more than any outcry from the public.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/05/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I suspect that if me and Garner got in a scuffle and I did exactly what the cop did, I'd be indicted when Garner died.

You can bet on it. And...they would've handcuffed you at the scene and taken your a$$ to jail too.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

and that may be overkill if we just got to the point where every LEO had a body camera.

I would guess that given the video and all the peripheral information, that Garner's wife is going to get a fat settlement from the City for his death

and as body cameras show more examples of excessive police force (whether you think this was an example of it or not) having it documented is going to ultimately lead to more civil lawsuits that the police pay out (or settle out of court) -

So even if a policeman is justified within the law, if his actions end up costing the city $2m, that will motivate change more than any outcry from the public.

I don't want to sound rude, but you have a lot to learn about the law enforcement business.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antlers
I suspect that if me and Garner got in a scuffle and I did exactly what the cop did, I'd be indicted when Garner died.

You can bet on it. And...they would've handcuffed you at the scene and taken your a$$ to jail too.

Well of course they would have. curdog isn't a sworn officer executing a lawful arrest.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well of course they would have. curdog isn't a sworn officer executing a lawful arrest.

Executing a 'lawful' arrest doesn't mean it's OK for the guy to be killed by the arresting officer, especially over the selling of illegal cigarettes. Were those Georgia officers executing a 'lawful' "no-knock" warrant when they threw a flash-bang grenade into the baby's playpen and burned his face off...?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The arresting officer didn't kill him. He died as a result of a myocardial infarction, because he was overweight and he overtaxed his system, and like just about ever member of the Negroid race, I'm sure had high BP, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't want to sound rude, but you have a lot to learn about the law enforcement business.

Travis

rude doesn't bother me but at least take the time to educate me

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
The arresting officer didn't kill him. He died as a result of a myocardial infarction, because he was overweight and he overtaxed his system, and like just about ever member of the Negroid race, I'm sure had high BP, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

He likely had all of the chronic health problems that you mentioned...but how do you know that his MI wasn't brought on by a diminished amount of oxygen as a result of laryngeal/tracheal swelling resulting from blunt force trauma to that area...?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Travis

Allow me...my own taxes are maxed out. I don't want to pay for a bunch of damned cameras. Any technology can be gamed and bypassed. This whole thing was already videoed. How in the world do you think there would have been any benefit to having a camera there?

Personally, I HATE cameras. They're already everywhere. If Obama is for them, then there is some twist to it. Hell, if the REPUBLICAN PARTY is for them, there is some twist to it. There almost always is with politicians. Look at Zero Care. Supposed to help poor folks and it ends up costing them more for inferior medical. That's what this would do...somehow.

Reign the government in and the cops will follow.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I have tried, but I have determined that would take a monumental amount of time based on reading your posts.

Travis

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do folks realize that the take down done of Shamu is repeated 100's of times each day without people dying?

The guy was a walking heart attack, and its sad to say that more of the blame lies on EMS than the cops.

Maybe the sabre rattling should be about that, rather than the cops, here.

Hell, I'd look into the EMS unions opposition to other service folks rendering aid before I'd get all hell bent on this stupid choke hold BS.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He likely had all of the chronic health problems that you mentioned...but how do you know that his MI wasn't brought on by a diminished amount of oxygen as a result of laryngeal/tracheal swelling resulting from blunt force trauma to that area...?

How would that alter the findings of the Grand Jury?

Travis

Page 26 of 34 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.