Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
More internet groups. Wooohooooo.

Priceless.

You do realize that every owner of every budget rifle on the internet attempts justification of their budget rifle purchase the same way, right?

See similar groups posted from every brand of rifle out there on a daily basis.

So what does it prove? Nothing.

I have claimed multiple times that Tikkas shoot well. And that so do many other brands..........

Priceless?? Umm, no. Can be had for $600...

The vast majority of 'budget rifle' owners justify their purchases by....the cost. I didn't buy my T3's because they were 'cheap'. I bought them specifically because of their reputation for accuracy and their smooth actions.

Maybe you hang out at bench rest sites but I don't see similar groups everyday online or at the range.

And, yes, it does prove something. The whole purpose of a rifle is to send a bullet to the intersection of POA/POI. The less work it takes to accomplish that, the more impressive it is.

I should also note that I claim no expertise in shooting skill. I probably could've improved on those groups with a solid rest and a better shooter could probably do even better. I've never shot competition in my life.

Oh, and one more disclaimer...
The Tikka will hang right with my 700 5R Milspec at half the weight...maybe even better it. And all those .308 groups were shot with a 'cheap' Leupy 6x36. All in all, not exactly a precision setup....

But, TEHO I guess...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, okay. That's it. LMAO. C'mon man.

I have rifles that cost $300 new. And rifles that I have over $5-$6K into. Unlike yourself, I am not a fanboy of any brand, and am able to see each one for what they truly are, and are not. AND admit same. My feelers don't get hurt if somebody doesn't like one.

I have A Vanguard that drives roofing nails out of cardboard boxes. That is how I used to practice field positions. Throw a box full of nails out in the field and drive them out of the box. It sells for less than a Tikka. As do my 700 ADLs. Both are better designs IMO, and both offer more for the price. And I couldn't care less of who likes them or who doesn't.

You'll never hear me try to justify my rifles the way in which you repeatedly do yours. Same picture over and over again.

Clearly you are the one that is butt-hurt. Rifle envy is a terrible thing.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$600. For one action length, plastic parts, aluminum lug, and beyond horrific customer service and replacement part prices.

Tell me what your Tikka offers that my $379 ADL doesn't offer. Or my $399 Vanguard. I can assure you both shoot more than acceptably well. Or a $300 RAR.

Where's the extra $200-$300 of value??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice groups Mojo, what 6x reticle do you use? OEM turret?

Yep, imagine how well a T3 would shoot with STEEL parts, Lug, better cs service and replacement parts!

I suppose there is a reason 7+ MILLION Remington's were just recalled, And there are SO many aftermarket parts for a product that is, The BEST IN THE WORLD as old Swampman loved to say.

My STEEL bolt handle fell right off the bolt body on my former 700 338-06. Can't see how an OEM T3 can do that....no trigger recalls.....nor cracked magazines or shrouds, or bottom plastic.

Owned many Rems, some OEM were fine, about 1/2 were not, botched crowns, chatter marks in the bore 2" from muzzle, very poor machining of action, broken bolt handle, and more.

A good rifle is a good rifle, regardless of brand, but out the box, my bet goes to T3 if they do not raise the price. S2 IS a better rifle OEM than a Remington, one piece bolt, they need to trim the shank of their bbls to save weight and make more chamberings in Stainless.

Now who wants to start a new biz w/me making aftermarket replacement triggers for those 7 million rifles? Can I buy stock in Timney?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$600. Tell me what your Tikka offers that my $379 ADL doesn't offer. Or my $399 Vanguard. I can assure you both shoot more than acceptably well. Or a $300 RAR.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yep, I'm the one getting on threads and talking schitt.... oh wait, that's you.

No fanboy here.... there's a couple Rems, a Stevens, a Tikka, and even a Mod 70 in '06 leaning in a closet corner. The last Howa I had, was a heavy barreled .22-250..... it sucked, and cost the same as the Tikka. Vanguards/Howa's have never been good to me.....

Again, WHAT SHOULD YOU GET FOR $500?

Obviously you do care..... or you'd not be on here trying to justify your expensive custom guns, and call people liars....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
PS..... I pay $450 for Tikkas...... you pay at least twice that for your ADLs.... once they're in an acceptable stock..... and the trigger is replaced..... and you "do your load work".... etc....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Newsflash. They already did raise the price, significantly. But didn't offer anything in return.

For the price of a Tikka, I can buy ADL with a Timney. And it comes with a recoil lug, metal shroud, and short action to boot.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Yep, I'm the one getting on threads and talking schitt.... oh wait, that's you.

No fanboy here.... there's a couple Rems, a Stevens, a Tikka, and even a Mod 70 in '06 leaning in a closet corner. The last Howa I had, was a heavy barreled .22-250..... it sucked, and cost the same as the Tikka. Vanguards/Howa's have never been good to me.....

Again, WHAT SHOULD YOU GET FOR $500?

Obviously you do care..... or you'd not be on here trying to justify your expensive custom guns, and call people liars....

Trying to justify expensive custom guns? Where did I do that? You are hilarious. It is YOU trying to justify your overpriced JUNK budget rifle without the budget rifle price tag. You are the only one hung up on my custom rifles. Not me.

Like I said, rifle envy can be a terrible thing....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore
Yeah, ive read about the lug dents on heavies and its a 5 minute swap out. Four of those minutes being walking to the fridge for a beer.

16B,

I owned three T3 Tikklers in magnum chamberings. One was a stainless Lite in 300 WSM that had hundreds of rounds of factory 180gr ammo through it by me. Sold it to a guy who shot several boxes through it and sold it back to me due to his dislike of recoil. No problem with bent luggette.

Next was a blued T3 Lite in 300 Win Mag. Handloaded 200gr NAB. Sold it as I wanted stainless so I bought a T3 Supertikkler from Cabelas with the uber-cool fluted barrel. Hundreds of 200gr NAB at 2900 fps. No problem with luggette except slight impression, not bent or mangled. I think it takes a couple rounds to get the indent, but from there it doesn't get any worse.

It doesn't take a magnum either. I had another T3 Lite in 270 Win. It had the minor impression shooting 140gr NAB at 2900fps.

Jason

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
you pay at least twice that for your ADLs

No. I pay less, and get more than any Tikka will ever offer........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$600. For one action length, plastic parts, aluminum lug, and beyond horrific customer service and replacement part prices.

Tell me what your Tikka offers that my $379 ADL doesn't offer. Or my $399 Vanguard. I can assure you both shoot more than acceptably well. Or a $300 RAR.

Well, lets see. Your "competition group" at 500 yards was 1 1/2". This POS was 2 1/2"
[Linked Image]

It might have been better if I had a Nightfart scope on it, but it's a lowly 6x42 M1 up top. Oh, and you'll have to give me some leeway, because it was 505 yards. That load had no ass, but I ran with it.

Soooooo, the extra $221 that you are crying about? I'd give half to the 5 minutes spent with load development and the other half to a trigger that makes the X-Mark look like crap. Oh wait, Remmie took care of that themselves.

And even funnier is a whiner with "100's of gun" complaining about $221.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Newsflash. They already did raise the price, significantly. But didn't offer anything in return.

For the price of a Tikka, I can buy ADL with a Timney. And it comes with a recoil lug, metal shroud, and short action to boot.....

Please explain how the SA is sooooo much better. Type slowly so it sinks in. And the staggering advantage of a metal shroud and TG.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah yes, another internet group.

Will any of you ever get it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Please explain how the SA is sooooo much better. Type slowly so it sinks in. And the staggering advantage of a metal shroud and TG.

Because if I am going to pay more money I expect to get something for it.

Only a fool would pay more for plastic when metal can be had for less. Or for a long action when the appropriate short action can be had for less.

Pretty simple to grasp for most of the shooting world.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, I'm one internet group over the line again.

An BTW, mine were 1.25" as stated. Half the size of yours. Twice in a row. And I didn't have to shoot all day to get them. Or even shoot more than 5 shots either time. Or feel the need to post the ever popular internet group wink

You kids have fun. And enjoy spooning over your Playskool rifles....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the record, I had five T3 Tikklers: 223, 270 Win, 300 Win, 300 WSM, and another 300 Win. They all shot great. All of them had the triggers set to minimum (screw all the way out). All triggers were creep and over-travel free except one (had some creep). I don't think there are any rifles in this price range that have triggers this nice, that can go that low.

I liked the stocks for their price range. Stiff fore-end, and mostly free-floated. I prefer a higher comb than what comes on the standard Lite though. The recoil pad is hard, which adds ~$25 for a Limbsaver if you want some cushion with your pushin'.

We know the free rings suck (recoil pin migrated right through the weak alloy on my 300 WSM). And the mag hanging down isn't ideal, but T3 feeding is excellent. Hard to beat a single-stack for feeding?

The single action size doesn't bother me, but the poor gas handling doesn't give me the warm/fuzzy. The stainless wasn't as corrosion resistant as some others. And the safety isn't very positive. I had it disengage on one occassion.

For many people the T3 is a good rifle for a decent price, not a great price. I'd rather pay more and have a 84 Montana... or have one Montana instead of two Tikklers.

I sold all my T3 Tikklers and don't plan on buying another. Just bought a stainless in RAR but haven't shot it yet.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

An BTW, mine were 1.25" as stated. Half the size of yours. Twice in a row. And I didn't have to shoot all day to get them. Or even shoot more than 5 shots either time. Or feel the need to post the ever popular internet group wink

Enjoy your WAY overpriced rifles and equal performance.....

Which one are you bringing to CO this summer to school me up?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Only a fool would pay more for plastic when metal can be had for less. Or for a long action when the appropriate short action can be had for less.

Pretty simple to grasp for most of the shooting world.........

Ah, the old Glock vs. Colt whine from the 80's. Thought it sounded familiar. GREAT description of the SA theory.

Well $221muchgun, the pic of yours was stellar. How about the price tag on the rig you shot it with? You should brag about that as well.

Think I'll buy another.......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The BEST feature about Tikkas is they piss people off.

They only piss off the people who actually know what they are looking at and are able realize how ridiculous it is for the price wink

Some people seem to be constantly on the lookout for something to be pissed off about. In the grand scheme of things, what someone else chooses as equipment for a recreational pursuit would seem to be a trifling matter, as far as directed anger.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,902
Posts18,518,510
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.