Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have a set of danner canadians and need some help figuring out a better insole option. I have been using their plastic 1/2 sole airthotic below a danner insole that is rubber. While these insoles are ultra-comfortable for days that I spend walking/still-hunting, they are less than ideal when I stand hunt as all the moisture (from my sweaty feet) simply hangs out on the top fabric of the insole.

So, I am thinking I need a wool/felt/thinsulate type of insole. Schnees has one that I could try out, but I'd ideally like one with some support or structure to it. Before I start trying these or others, I thought I'd see if anyone has a recommendation I could research and try.

If you have worked through this issue yourself, I'd be interested in what you tried and what worked for you.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm not an expert, nor have extensive experience with a lot of options, these in a pair of Crispi Nevadas have resulted in the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I have a wide foot, fwiw.

http://www.rei.com/product/721632/sole-ed-viesturs-signature-series-custom-footbeds-high-volume

Good luck!

-Doug

BASR
[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by DesertBighorn
I'm not an expert, nor have extensive experience with a lot of options, these in a pair of Crispi Nevadas have resulted in the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I have a wide foot, fwiw.

http://www.rei.com/product/721632/sole-ed-viesturs-signature-series-custom-footbeds-high-volume

Good luck!

-Doug

+1
Doug listed the high volume Sole model. They also offer a medium and low volume insoles depending on what you need with your boot/foot combination.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have had the Canadians for 8 years now. Just this past season the half soles just crumbled apart while I was out in the field.
Just a heads up that you'll need new ones someday.
I'm in the same boat as you and looking for some good insoles too. The lining at the ball of my feet are starting to wear through and irritate in that area.

Retired and loving it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know if this will help deal with excessive moisture but Super feet insoles have helped my feet. I used to have aching heels during long hikes. I use them in all my footware now.

http://www.superfeet.com/

IC B2

setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Keahi
I have had the Canadians for 8 years now. Just this past season the half soles just crumbled apart while I was out in the field.

What kind of half sole did you use....do you mean the plastic airthotic half soles that come with the boot or something else you placed on top of that?

Originally Posted by Azshooter
I don't know if this will help deal with excessive moisture but Super feet insoles have helped my feet. I used to have aching heels during long hikes. I use them in all my footware now. http://www.superfeet.com/

Yep...I have used Superfeet for years in my running shoes. I thought about giving these a try in the canadians, but as they have a plastic/foam base I wanted to see if there was something else to try.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Superfeet has a Merino lined footbed that might be the answer for you.

Ed T

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure if these will solve your issue, but the footbeds from Lathrop and Sons are my favorites. I prefer them to Sole and Superfeet.

http://www.lathropandsons.com/synergy-footbeds.html

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If you are not already wearing a heavy wool sock for your stand hunting, you might try that first. For moisture management, a heavy wool sock will absorb a lot of moisture and wick it away from the insole while still feeling dry and warm.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm with Ed T. Superfeet makes some quality insoles. I really like their green and orange insoles. The orange works well for boots that need some help in the arch area. I rely on good wool socks to keep moisture in check.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Been using these and like'em alot.

https://www.sofsole.com/insoles

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've been happy with my Superfeet. Also, Right Guard spray antiperspirant on your feet can help with sweat.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've had good luck with powerstep pinnacle insoles.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I used the airthotic half soles that came with the boots. I did not use any other insole.
I use the smartwool extra thick hunting sock only.
My feet are low arched so I really don't need any support.

Retired and loving it.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Try a thiner sock or a liner sock. Heavy socks trap more moisture.

Ed T

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try the product called "Sole"

They are custom, mouldable footbeds. I use them in every shoe I own including hunting boots

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I always use Powerstep Original insoles myself because they just work for my arch support needs and anymore that trumps everything else.

IFor your needs you might also look at Cabela's "Perfekt" insole by bootmaker Meindl. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-34Perfekt848234-Replacement-Footbeds-by-Meindl/748621.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcork%2Binsole%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=cork+insole
They are cork footbeds covered by a a wicking lining that should eliminate sweat issues. They offer good support as the cork molds to your foot, and that cork might be helpful in the cold? They came with my Meindl boot and looked to be very high quality but like I said, Powerstep does it for me so I never used them.

setch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm going to try the merino wool superfeet and the cabela's perfekt insoles...both good suggestions to start with.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 34 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,171
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.