Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
A week ago I was all set ready to go to Iowa for the first gun hunt. I just packed the truck for the trip the next day. I went in the house and started to perspire heavy. I then had chest pains and back spasms between my shoulders. I figured it was my heart and went to the hospital. They did a heart cath and I'm better. But the trip was called off. I notified the Iowa fish and game and they said there is nothing they can do for me. The cost of the non resident license was 550.00 They can't even give me preference pts for next yr. I'm more than a little bummed. Seems like they could have done something.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I'm happy to hear you're better. I feel for you but you can hopefully appreciate their perspective.

While yours is certainly a viable excuse, I suspect there are many that would abuse the clause if it were permitted. A hard-lined stand is about their only recourse.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If it makes you feel any better, I've been up there, spent a whole lot more money, and returned home with nothing laugh

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was recalled to active duty as a reservist after I had received my CO elk license. They gave me a refund. I was rather grateful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Colorado is about the only state I know that does that. Bureaucrats hate refunding money as a rule. Better to have a heart issue at home though than in the middle of no where Iowa I guess.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A buddy got a refund from Wy when brain surgery scrambled things pretty badly. In that case, I think one had to make the request pre-season though.

1Minute
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I agree I'm glad it didn't mess up my other buddy's trip they were still able to go. But don't you think they could at least give me a pref pt or 2 with all my medical records to prove it actually happened?

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by 30338
Colorado is about the only state I know that does that. Bureaucrats hate refunding money as a rule. Better to have a heart issue at home though than in the middle of no where Iowa I guess.
I agree

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonewest
A week ago I was all set ready to go to Iowa for the first gun hunt. I just packed the truck for the trip the next day. I went in the house and started to perspire heavy. I then had chest pains and back spasms between my shoulders. I figured it was my heart and went to the hospital. They did a heart cath and I'm better. But the trip was called off. I notified the Iowa fish and game and they said there is nothing they can do for me. The cost of the non resident license was 550.00 They can't even give me preference pts for next yr. I'm more than a little bummed. Seems like they could have done something.

It's likely in the rules they send you when you apply and/or buy.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just paid for a nonresident license, drove 6 states with trailer.
Got 2 days in and got called back because two of my daughters were involved in a pretty bad wreck.
Turned around friday and drove back to get my Honda, guns and stands , loaded up and drove back.
Never though about asking for a refund...
Guess it never occoured to me to expect someone else to be put out over my misfortune.
But actually just more concerned with my daughters to even think of it.
Let it go...wash the sand out of your vagina and move on.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let's see, it sounds like you bought an otc license and actually hunted. OP bought a draw license, burned points, and never hunted due to something prior to opening day. Slight difference there. Hope the girls are okay.

G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by ringworm
Just paid for a nonresident license, drove 6 states with trailer.
Got 2 days in and got called back because two of my daughters were involved in a pretty bad wreck.
Turned around friday and drove back to get my Honda, guns and stands , loaded up and drove back.
Never though about asking for a refund...
Guess it never occoured to me to expect someone else to be put out over my misfortune.
But actually just more concerned with my daughters to even think of it.
Let it go...wash the sand out of your vagina and move on.
What's with the sand crap?????????????????? What I am saying is that the state of Iowa should give me a couple pref pts or a tag for next yr. Is that too much to ask? They got 550 out of me for a tag I couldn't possible have used. I'm sure it might have been in the fine print no refunds but pref pts aren't refunds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
This is a text book example of the IQ and thoughtfulness of some of the members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They can't do anything if it isn't in the rules. You probably were not the only one who had what you believe to be a valid reason. Baby came early, stuff happened at work, house fire, got kicked in the knee by a Moose, etc, etc.

Gad you are up and running, but their rules are the same to them as their hunting regulations are to you. Legally they can't be making refunds or passing out pref points just because you had a reason for not showing up. Would be nice if they could, but without specificly written provisions in the game code, they would be in court shortly if they did it any other way.

Not that hard of a concept to understand.

Last edited by battue; 12/10/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A documented medical emergency most likely life threatening is a pretty valid reason, but like Battue said unless there is a written provision in the game laws they really can't do anything for you. The sand comment by ringworm should be disregarded, his defining characteristic in his posts is usually ignorance, so don't take it to heart, he's just not capable of replying any other way.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you're feeling better. Too bad on the no refund, most states really do hate refunding money they already have spent.

Aren't any deer up here anymore, they all went to MN.

Black Cows Matter!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
A documented medical emergency most likely life threatening is a pretty valid reason, but like Battue said unless there is a written provision in the game laws they really can't do anything for you. The sand comment by ringworm should be disregarded, his defining characteristic in his posts is usually ignorance, so don't take it to heart, he's just not capable of replying any other way.

Oh I'm sorry...
I forgot we were here to salve his hieney and kiss his boo-boos.
Fkin grow up.
Buy the ticket, take the ride. But show up on time. Miss the boat and tough chit. We ain't turning around. At what point does the state start considering what a valid medical reasons is? you have a heart attack, Joe Blow has a tummy ache, Susie is on her period... Heck jerry is fat and obesity is now a disease.
try not making your house payment and telling the bank you were out of work for a valid medical reason so they should just give you preferential treatment. Freaking big babies.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Ringworm let me just say this I think you should call yourself Richard Head instead of ringworm

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once you buy the tag, that's it.

I feel for ya. That sucks.

Question: can you actully prove you never hunted, or won't ever hunt?

I mean how would they know if you did or didn't? If season hasn't started yet, what would you do? Mail tag back? Wait for refund?

I guess my point is that they probably don't have time or resources to deal with personal issues and special cases in middle of busiest time of year.

Just my thoughts. It still sucks to loae $550 though....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 63 invisible), 17,837 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,988
Posts18,540,179
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
1 hour ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.