Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9412405 12/11/14
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Today As I was Loading 9MM Luger Ammo. I got to thinking about a 9MM Rifle for Burning Up Ammo. My First thought was a Tube feed Semi Auto Like A Marlin 60. Then Thinking About Hunting with it, I bumped into the 5rd Magazine limit. So A Pump Action Came to mind, With A tube Magazine Where A plug Could be used as a Limiter. There are a couple Clip Fed Semi Autos out there, Which Would Probably be fine. Marlin Camp 9 Is On my wish list. But I really like the Idea Of A Pump 9MM Built like a Down Sized 870 Remington.

Last edited by baltz526; 12/11/14.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
HR IC

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Ruger Police Carbine is one of the semi's you cite that never really caught on. Of course there are the AR conversion options, but that's a different breed in of itself. Pump is an interesting idea, but doubtfully a good seller either.

For some reason most folks don't like to mix their pistol calibers into rifles.

I think the ideal rifle in my mind like you are talking about would be something along the lines of the either the Ruger or the Camp 9, BUT made to accept Glock factory magazines.

Since were working on a wishlist though, I'll take mine in 10mm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KEL TEC has a folding model carbine that accepts Glock magazines.

Marlin Camp 9 may be found (used) but they no longer make them.

I rather get a HK MP5 but know it is pretty unrealistic for a civilian, so settling on a clone MP5 or similar for plinking and shooting would be a hoot.

Beretta also has a carbine offering that shoots 9mm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Though they look like crap, the KelTec 9mm Carbines work EXTREMLY well and are pretty dadgum accurate out to 100 yards. And, like Esox357 mentioned, you can buy one that excepts Glock 17 mags which are cheap and easy to come by.

My nephew has shot the crap out of his and I have never seen it jam or malfunction. Did I mention they were cheap ?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Knew a gunsmith who has since passed on that was tinkering with converting a Marlin bolt action 22 magnum to 25ACP, sure would love to sit and talk that with that gent just one more time.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jericho
Knew a gunsmith who has since passed on that was tinkering with converting a Marlin bolt action 22 magnum to 25ACP, sure would love to sit and talk that with that gent just one more time.

At least it would have been easier to find 25acp ammo than .22mag ammo!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Beretta.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Beretta CX4 is your Easy Button.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Sad thing is it would be legal to hunt deer in a lot of states with a 25 ACP.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Sad thing is it would be legal to hunt deer in a lot of states with a 25 ACP.

Yep, and some IDIOT would use it, too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Beretta CX4 is your Easy Button.

Look no further. These carbines are deadly accurate and don't suffer any fatigue from a longer barrel. You might think that a barrel that length would start to slow down with a 9mm, but it doesn't...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Esox357

I rather get a HK MP5 but know it is pretty unrealistic for a civilian, so settling on a clone MP5 or similar for plinking and shooting would be a hoot.

Count me in on the MP5. HK did make a limited few for the FBI in 10mm too that their elite teams still use apparently. Talk about a serious carbine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was the UMP in 10MM (Universale Maschinenpistole) vs the MP5, I had used a 40 S&W version that was a great "tool". It was a modular weapon system so it broke down fairly easy. Very accurate and a joy to shoot with the collapsible stock. Slower rate of fire for a full auto but it did fine by me! The UMP was the next generation of the MP5.

HK had produced the USC (Universal Self loading Carbine) for civilians to purchase and they could have been made into a UMP if you paid the NFA Tax. Unfortunately HK stopped selling them to the general public.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Though they look like crap, the KelTec 9mm Carbines work EXTREMLY well and are pretty dadgum accurate out to 100 yards. And, like Esox357 mentioned, you can buy one that excepts Glock 17 mags which are cheap and easy to come by.

My nephew has shot the crap out of his and I have never seen it jam or malfunction. Did I mention they were cheap ?

My son has one of these and it is a hoot to shoot. When his buddies come over to plink, he pulls it out and it quickly becomes the crowd favorite. It is accurate and reliable.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
CX4 9mm carbine here also, and it shoots surprisingly well, and has digested everything i have stuffed in it with no issues.

============================================================

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Another example of manufacturers building a useless firearm. Build it and they will buy it I guess is the norm.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Shooting Fun Is not Allowed in Saddlesores world.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone have a 50yrd Group picture or Cronograph results from +p+ 9MM out of one of the carbines?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Esox357
That was the UMP in 10MM (Universale Maschinenpistole) vs the MP5, I had used a 40 S&W version that was a great "tool". It was a modular weapon system so it broke down fairly easy. Very accurate and a joy to shoot with the collapsible stock. Slower rate of fire for a full auto but it did fine by me! The UMP was the next generation of the MP5.

HK had produced the USC (Universal Self loading Carbine) for civilians to purchase and they could have been made into a UMP if you paid the NFA Tax. Unfortunately HK stopped selling them to the general public.

No, he's right. They made an MP5 in 10mm. Dubbed the MP5/10 it was made for the FBI and I believe DOE's NEST teams used them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked hard at the pistol caliber carbine options a couple years ago, myself. At one time the CX4 had fairly limited magazine options, though I guess they have now added some higher capacity options. I still don't like the fixed "ears"on the top rail.

I had one of the Kel-tec sub2000's - a 9mm in the Glock 17 mag version. Mags easy to find. I could out shoot it with a pistol and I was not impressed. Again, to mount optics you almost have to cut the sights off the rifle.

I wound up with a AR in .300 Blackout, which can run subsonic loads, or supersonics that approach .30-30 power. great ergos and magazines are everywhere.

One of these days I'll consider getting either a Just Right carbine, or a Mech Tech carbine upper. There is also one guy who makes an AR lower that takes m2 grease gun .45 ACP mags, and .45 ACP uppers. Think a Tommy Gun with good ergos and light weight smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,481
Posts18,490,194
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.