Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
A Christian radio show host asked me the other day how I could, as a believer, be cool with waterboarding terrorists for intel crucial to our national security�or, as I like to call it, the implementation of the Irrigation for Information Act. Irrigation sounds so much more pleasant than torture, oui? Oui.

I told my inquiring host that as a patriotic white male Christian redneck, as far as I can deduce from the holy text, Jesus and the balance of Scripture seem to be okay with dunking Achmed if said butt munch has the 411 regarding the 10/20 of the next mass slaughter of innocent Americans. Call me crazy. I�m well aware, however, that I could be committing an exegetical error given the fact that I�m white and male and all. This is my cross.

Please note: If Christ wasn�t cool with irrigating irate Islamicists for facts, I must admit, I would still have to green light our boys getting data from enemy combatants 007 style. Stick a fire hose up their tailpipe and turn it on full blast. I don�t care. I�m not as holy as most of you super saints or as evolved as some of you progressive atheists purport to be. Security beats spirituality in this scenario, as far as I�m concerned.

Now, as you can imagine, the holier-than-I show host was a tad bit taken aback by my confidence and giddiness over teaching captured terrorists how to snorkel minus the snorkeling gear if it would keep our country safe. He saw that as somehow incongruent with the Clay Aikenization of the sassy Christ a stack of Americans now worship. He then asked me, in kind of a tsk-tsk tone, for a proof text or two from Jesus� lips and la Biblia that would come even close to him wishing or implementing ill on those who would harm or kill the innocent. This was like taking candy from a baby for me.

How�s this for starters, Slappy? In John 2:12-17 Jesus whipped religious hacks who were turning God�s temple into a Costco for religious crap. According to San Juan�s account, it was the second thing Jesus did after John baptized him in the river Jordan. The first thing he did was turn water into wine. That�s two things lame evangelicals can�t imagine Jesus doing: making wine or using a whip, but I digress.

Yep, Jesus opened up a can of whup ass on charlatans in the temple. He didn�t pray for them or write them an angry email with the caps lock on or call them �man-made religious disasters� that we need to apologize to for forcing them to sell overpriced spiritual curios. Nope, he methodically sat down, got ticked, made a whip and cleared the punks.

Having that snapshot of Christ violently snapping on the 1st century televangelists in the temple, I�m a thinkin� that if he got that riled up over overpriced Precious Moments figurines, personally whipped the culprits for it and then ransacked their product display tables, more than likely he would be cool with submerging a couple of murderous morons who have information regarding the pending liquidation of thousands of innocent civilians. (And by the way, I�ll take water in the face over a whip to the back any day of the week.)

If you still think he would have problems with waterboarding the wicked who have the poop on potential terror plots, then what do you do with the story of Noah�s Ark? Correct me if I�m wrong, but those chumps got waterboarded to the max, right? Aw, what�s the matter? Does that 411 not fit with the Jesus you made up? Shame.

Not only did Jesus flog greedy religious freaks, he, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, created this little place called hell for the wicked�which makes Gitmo look like a Chuck E. Cheese. Although, come to think of it, Chuck E. Cheese is quite hellish. Bad analogy. You get my point.

In Matthew 18:6 Jesus said if you harmed a little kid it would be better for you to have a chunk of concrete tied around your neck and tossed into the drink off Miami Beach compared to what the Trinity has prepared for you in eternity (author�s paraphrase). Sounds bad, eh? Worse than waterboarding? I�m thinking . . . yeah.

And then we have the book of Revelation. Yikes. This book is one chapter after another of agony on steroids for those that war against that which is holy, just and good.

So, once again, I�m kinda thinkin� Hey-Soos wouldn�t blink at how cautiously and methodically our intelligence gents have been in pouring some Zephyr Hills down Habeeb�s nostrils in the hope that such �torture� will make him spill the beans regarding his posse�s plans.

Y�know, maybe I would be more empathetic toward the terrorists who wish to kill us if I were a Hispanic woman from the Bronx, but alas, I ain�t. So, I say, in the name of Jesus, water baptize the bastards for an extra minute or two if that�ll persuade them to unveil their buddy�s macabre machinations.

Granted, it�s always great and right to err on the side of civility, except of course when saving many lives trumps the uncomfortable nature of sticking a garden hose in a terrorist�s snout.

WWJD indeed!

http://townhall.com/columnists/douggiles/2014/12/16/wwjt-who-would-jesus-torture-n1932663/page/full

Last edited by 4321; 12/16/14.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Jesus is God, God is all knowing. Why would God have to torture anyone to find out information?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He'd torture TRH to get intell on the Masons.

Anything to get those bastids.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You was using so many unnecessary words, that I just quit reading. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Heard it asked on the news tonight...Who would you torture if you were a Pakistan father and your kid's school might be next?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My ex MIL just because she was evil.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could hell be considered torture?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
How could it not?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You should not listen to Christian radio talk show hosts. These people will brainwash you and corrupt your mind.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
WWJT? Only those who refuse the escape made freely available through His own. One cannot obey Jesus and use the kind of language and argument posted above...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
You was using so many unnecessary words, that I just quit reading. miles

its called narcissism , and a bunch of people keep enabling.

.... like tears in the rain
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Well the first time he came, it was like a lamb. The second time will be like a lion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're about as phony as they come.Got your azz handed to you last night now you've found religion..Diversionary Ninja tactic so you won't get canned again? Carry on TAk[Take a knee], 4321 or who else you might be.. do pull some more wool its what you do best.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you turn water into wine, then waterboarding becomes beer bong

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I didn't know Jesus was in that business.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (270wsmnutt, 260Remguy, 1234, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 56 invisible), 2,747 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,129
Posts18,502,567
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.