Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
homos bother some folks... others accept them as they were created.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Scott F

There is no doubt many cases of atrocities committed in the name of Christ. They were wrong and just using Christ as a covering to fit their agenda. It is sickening and there is no way to exonerate any of it.

Now tell me what kind of religion or lack of religion has not done the same. Atheist peace ferries will stomp you into the ground as fast as anyone else.

Scott, you know I have a great deal of respect for you, because you live as a Christian, rather than wear it as a badge to impress people, or disguise past malfeasance.
Atheists are hard to pin down as a group because they are not organized , and as such have no proven and consistent track record of atrocities against others.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495

Christians don't seem to be particularly good at accepting them....

Last edited by ingwe; 12/17/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The religion of "I'm too smart to believe in God" is a weird one.

And it is a religion, they just don't meet real regular on Sundays.

^^^^+1000

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe

There is no doubt many cases of atrocities committed in the name of Christ. They were wrong and just using Christ as a covering to fit their agenda. It is sickening and there is no way to exonerate any of it.

Now tell me what kind of religion or lack of religion has not done the same. Atheist peace ferries will stomp you into the ground as fast as anyone else.

Scott, you know I have a great deal of respect for you, because you live as a Christian, rather than wear it as a badge to impress people, or disguise past malfeasance.
Atheists are hard to pin down as a group because they are not organized , and as such have no proven and consistent track record of atrocities against others.

First of all, thank you for the kind words and the same goes for me in the respect department. You are high on the list of folks I would like to spend some time with.

Secondly my comments were in no way meant to be any kind of a call out. Just pointing out I think all groups of people are guilty of atrocities at one time of another in history.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Understood my friend.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The Bible does not endorse the lifestyle. In the days I hired and fired I hired, managed, trained, worked beside, and fired homosexuals. I firmly believe that any sort of discrimination is wrong. There are homosexuals that I call friends. I do not understand the lifestyle and Biblically cannot condone it but I do not hate the people. It just ain't for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't think most Christians hate Homosexuals.

I think Christians(and non Christians) hate the flamboyant lifestyle that Homosexuals bring with them.

I don't agree with their lifestyle, but if they'd stay in the closet, it doesn't really bother me.

But when they start this crapola, and stick it in your face in every hometown parade, and demand that I accept them, that's when my hackle get raised.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now why wouldn't I want that guy dressed(?) like that walking down the isle in my church in front of my grand kids? crazy

The long and short of it is nobody, Christian Jew, Muslim, Pagan, or atheist wants anything shoved in their faces. I don't and I don't think anyone else should put up with it either.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wasn't talking about not being kind to someone. I was just stating that some branches of the so called church don't preach the word for fear of offending someone or being persecuted for preaching what is in the bible (which is our constitutional right in more ways than one). I will be kind to anyone as long as they show some respect, but I can't say I have any gay friends, that's just to weird for me. I don't want to be around that sort of thing. Whew, its gross and it creeps me out!

I would sit next to billy joe jim bob jenkins at the snake handling church in wheelborrow ky. before I would hang out with the gaybees. You gotta pick your poison I guess, chuckle.

And just so you guys know those snake handlers and tounge speakers vote republican, so you got a little in common with them. grin

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my cousin's from wheelbarrow. his name is cleetus. you know him?

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now why wouldn't I want that guy dressed(?) like that walking down the isle in my church in front of my grand kids? crazy

The long and short of it is nobody, Christian Jew, Muslim, Pagan, or atheist wants anything shoved in their faces. I don't and I don't think anyone else should put up with it either.

I know a some conservative homosexuals that would not that around them either.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So do I Tim.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by seal_billy

Not around here. I know a few people that attend Assembly of God and they don't believe that.

That denomination believes you must speak in tongues in order to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by derby_dude

I know a some conservative homosexuals that would not that around them either.

Laughin'....

I'm sure you do, cum guzzler!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe. They believe tongues is a sign of the Spirit.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
When I was in Japan, we built a new base exchange. But before we could begin construction, the Shino Priest had to move the spirits of their dead ancestors from the tree's on the construction site, to different trees.

I have no idea how much it cost the American tax payers to have those ancestors relocated.

Of course my Shino girl friend thought Christians were strange cannibals because they ate their Gods and drank his blood every Sunday.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gus took the day off ...

And look what's happened!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
my cousin's from wheelbarrow. his name is cleetus. you know him?

I don't associate with people from Ky. ; )

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by seal_billy

Not around here. I know a few people that attend Assembly of God and they don't believe that.

That denomination believes you must speak in tongues in order to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Travis

Correct, but most don't believe it is necessary for salvation.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,345
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.