Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
Heavenly Father,

Thank you for the years you granted to Mickey Coleman before taking him home. Thank you for allowing him to share his kindness and gentle spirit here on the Fire. Thank you for the kindness you placed in Mickey's heart to help and love so many dogs and pups....and even those that had been abandoned and left to die. May his life inspire others to do the same.

My heart is sad for those closest to him ..his wife, his children, grandchildren, close friends...and his "babies". Please send your Holy Spirit, the Great Comforter to be with them during this difficult time. I ask that you would provide comfort and peace and love. Please hear their cries and hold them close.

In your holy name,
Amen

Your 'husband' (Mark C.) could learn a valuable lesson from this; rather than complaining to everyone on a regular basis about his health problems ....

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm sorry to hear of Mickey's passing.
Condolences to his friends and family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Somehow, I think Mickey is helping take care of a couple of dogs that are waiting for me across the bridge.

That's the only good thing about this loss. My condolences to the family and his pooches.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.

Rest in peace Mickey.

George and Tina Sears

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mickey was fine gentlemen and set quite the example in his dialogue with others.
Condolences to his family.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There are a lot of macho guys and posers on this forum, but very few fine men.

Mickey was always a fine man in his posts here. Kind, gentle and wise.

Wish I could have known him in person as some here have.

There's a party going on in Heaven today!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
RIP MC

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I just logged on, and found this thread. RIP Mickey, and prayers to your family.

maddog

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Stunned here. People like Mr. Coleman don't come along every day. He will be missed.
RIP.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
God Bless Mickey Coleman and His family

GOA
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
RIP MC!

My condolences to his family! -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Quote from Fireball2 sums up my feelings
What a shock. I had no idea. He was just a rock here. Like a warm woodstove, a comfortable place, he put everyone at peace.

In honor of his memory, we can all do a lot better. He was a fine example in every way.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mickey Coleman left a spot at the fire that can never be filled again. You will be missed, kind sir.

Prayers up for you and your family.

"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expu�ry

Steelbanger, NRA Life
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm shocked and sadden to hear this news,Mickey was an asset to the fire and the world we live in
Condolences to his family he will be missed

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I will just remain near silent as I do not do well with this stuff at all. Those that know me know this well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Unlike most of us here, to his eternal credit, Mickey was always a gentleman.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very sad to hear this news today. We're all a bit richer for having had him here and the world is a bit poorer for his loss.

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bhemry
Quote from Fireball2 sums up my feelings
What a shock. I had no idea. He was just a rock here. Like a warm woodstove, a comfortable place, he put everyone at peace.

In honor of his memory, we can all do a lot better. He was a fine example in every way.

RIP, my dear friend. Was headed your way during Christmas break.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was telling my wife last night of Mickey's passing and of course she didn't know who he was. I said "the .223AI that I have he's the gentleman that built it, it's the rifle that Mackenzie used to kill her first deer with three weeks ago".

It's funny to think how many memories he indirectly was involved in once you think about the rifles he has built for so many of us here on the Fire.

I think another will fall in Mickey's memory using that rifle this weekend.

My daughter holding the .223AI Mickey built for me and the one she used for her first deer that evening.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those of us who had the pleasure of communicating with Mickey on a more personal level, we know first hand what a rock he was. The epitome of the southern gentleman. Rock solid in his religious beliefs, a friend of all dogs, a master gunsmith, and so many times the voice of reason around here.

I spoke to Mickey frequently, and could always count on him to ground me a bit and bring me back to what really mattered in life, and not focus on my own selfishness.

I worry about Mickey's family of dogs that he had taken in. I pray not only for Mickey, but for all of them as they go off to new homes.

Our little family here lost one of it's cornerstones. We are definitely a lesser people with Mick's passing. The gunsmithing community lost one if it's best, and here's to the hope that a new young punk with a gifted sense of Mickey's craft can step up and try to fill his shoes. It will be a tough and daunting task.

A bunch of us yahoos are getting together up in Blaine, Minnesota this Sunday. Hands will be shaked, backs will be slapped, and then glasses will be raised in solemn memory of one of the very best.

Rest in Peace, Mickey.

We should all be so lucky as to go home to meet our maker like you have-with a smile on your face, and joy in your heart.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 3,071 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,191
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.