Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Great show! Seeing Christine McVie once again was a treat. She adds a third dimension to the show the enriches everything. I've seen FM probably more than 10 times since the '70's, so have seen them change, but the show is consistent. They are comfortable doing it much the same way they did in their hey day. Critics will pick at them because Stevie can't hit the high notes anymore, but the truth is that in live shows, she had problems in the '80s. Singers lose range,an and the voice rags out doing 40 shows in 60 days. Robert Plant and Roger Daltry can't hit the high notes anymore, Springsteen is reduced to almost rapping, so we need to accept that.

Lindsey is the one who drives the show, rarely leaving the stage for a break. They did a good job of trading off on songs between the 3 singer/songwriters. They give the audience a little insight on the background of the band and of some of the songs. For fans, it's a great evening. Makes you wonder how many of today's artist will still be working, much less selling out arenas 40 years from now? Maybe none of them.

John McVie is a little more subdued, but he had cancer treatments early this year. He didn't look bad considering. The girls looked great for their years. Lindsey has been in the Botox. Mick is still one of my all time favorite drummers. He is very versatile.
Fleetwood Mc still looks good and sounds good. Take in the show if you are a fan.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Lindsey Buckingham is an amazing guitar player. I missed the show in Denver, but I think they are back in a few months. Haven't talked my wife into it yet but still trying. Marty

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Glad you enjoyed the concert. I bought my Dad tickets for Christmas and wondered how good they would be. Looking forward to the show!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Compared to most old bands, they look and sound good.

Buckingham is such a unique player. Master of the Travis picking.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks like Fleetwood borrowed Stewart Copelands drum kit in that vid. It's massive. grin

IC B2

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He can beat the skins, for sure.

Ever see Neal Peart's kit?

[video:youtube][/video]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I envy you. They're my favorite group. I love the driving sound and vocals.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1_deuce, 117LBS, 1lessdog, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 14,294 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,291
Posts18,545,230
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.