Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RufusG Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I paid something like $12 for this fine S&W "�xtremeOps" chinese knife. Actually it's not a bad knife for $12. Anyway, I usually throw it in my checked bag when I fly so I have a knife, and if it gets stolen, or I have to abandon it, no big loss. When I'm not flying, I leave it in a flip-phone pocket on one of the shoulder straps of my computer backpack, which also happens to be my carry-on. So today I flew home, no checked bag, just my carry-on, and let's just say, at some point after I had passed through security, I realized this knife was in my bag. I had made sure I left my good folder at home, but completely forgot I still had this one on me. Maybe TSA was giving me a Christmas present.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dude in todays times I would delete this thread asap.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Let us know what happens after the half dozen black Suburban's show up... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
How many terrorists has TSA caught? 0 zero nada none zilch

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
they were probably too busy chatting and searching the 80 yo white grandma and avoiding anyone that would be profiling to catch it, nobody's perfect right. TSA is the second biggest joke in the US, the Marxist in charge being 1#

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
This:

Originally Posted by Strick9

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I feasted for TSA. It ain't as easy to see those things on the screen as u may think on the test u have 15 seconds.... and the images are at least 3 deep. I can only imagine what real luggage looks like.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

RufusG Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by achadwick
This:

Originally Posted by Strick9

Here's how the conversation went the other time (yes, I am a serial knife-forgetting dumbass) I left a cheap knife in my carryon:

TSA Xray guy: Hey, did you know you have a knife in your bag? You can't take that through.
Me: Ah, crap. I can't believe I left that in there.
TSA: If you have time you can take it to your car.
Me: Nah, I got dropped off and I'm not calling them back. I guess it's yours now.
TSA: Okay, sorry about that.
Me: Oh well

In other words, I'm not anticipating any black Tahoes or black helos showing up. At least not for this.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wife says not try that trick with pepper spray...you gets not so good photo and your name on a list.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few months after 9-11 I went through security with an automatic knife in my shave kit. It had been in there for a while and I plain forgot.

Xray guy signals a cop and I get pulled aside. A few more cops come over and go through my bags. A dumb cop chick pulls out the knife and tries to open it. I said, mam, you have to push the button....schwing!

They threatened to arrest me, made me miss my flight, stole my knife, and I finally got to leave.

That was before TSA. Now I'm sure I'd never get caught.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
In other words, I'm not anticipating any black Tahoes or black helos showing up. At least not for this.

Yeah, in reality, probably not.

They would be more likely to want to know who the TSA agent was.

But, to get technical about your conversation with TSA you had about a knife before... He caught the slip, and prevented you from committing an offense before you could. The difference is that you publicly state that you did in fact commit the offense now. But, nothing will probably come it, I'm sure.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by wildbill59
How many terrorists has TSA caught? 0 zero nada none zilch

How many might have been deterred? TSA, as annoying as it is, is only one of a security screen. There may be some effectiveness here as there have been no further airline attacks since 9/11.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Army took a pocket knife away from me in 1967, and gave me a rifle. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only thing they have deterred me from is reaching for a donut.

Is there a minimum weight requirement?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
had 5 rounds of 357 magnum in my coat pocket one time, just told them to throw it away for me and they let on through.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Been there done this same thing only instead of a $12 knife , I had my sebenza in my pocket. I had two choices, get out of line and miss my flight or roll the dice and see what happened. I rolled the dice, stuffed it in my briefcase and waited as I walked through the detectors. They rolled my bag through and fuss no muss. It is a great system huh ?
Now on another note, I had a crowsfoot adapter they initially said no to. Luckily the supervisor was a gear head and had some sense.
Then another time I had a drill bit and tap. They said no to the drill bit but the tap was fine. Kind of makes you scratch your head.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Went to the Turks and Caicos islands a couple months ago with my wife. Passed through customs in Jacksonville, landed in Miami, then headed to the islands where she was screened again. Wifey had a 4� SOG folder in her purse, was missed at both screenings.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I walked through once with 10 roudns of .380 self defense rounds in my computer bag. never realized it until I got to my destination, had to toss it before I returned home not wanting to tempt fate.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a pair of nail clips taken away early on in the War Against Business TerrorTravelers on the first leg of a round trip to Boston. IIRC it wasn't so much the snips as it was the inch and a quarter armor piercing nail file attached to them. This was in the first December after 9/11 so had to be the ultimate Search & Seizure location, right? For my return flight after passing thru security and having myself and everything with me X, Y and Z-rayed, walking thru the metal detector trellis, etc. I made it to my seat on the plane. As I sat down the 6 inch long, half a pound cell phone (they were big back then) on my belt snagged the arm rest and hit the floor. But at least they caught the nail clips.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
rufus probably went through sky harbor. On a related note. I was down there a few years ago watching the (I think) women in full burka's emptying trash around the hallways. The assumption was they were women anyway. And I believe sky harbor installed places where you can wash your feet before you pray to mecca three times a day.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 47 invisible), 9,570 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,362
Posts18,546,919
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.