Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Any Street, Anywhere USA

Victim: Officer, officer! That man just stole my purse!

Officer: Good morning ma'm, or does that pronoun offend you. If so, please advise me of the correct pronoun I may use in order to not....

Victim: Officer, you're not listening to me! That man stole my purse.

Officer: That gentleman across the street?

Victim: Yeah, that's him.

Officer: Okay, let me go talk to him.

Victim: He's a big guy, don't you want some help?

Officer: Oh no, anything that might give the appearance of a show of force isn't allowed.

Officer leaves to talk to the alleged suspect and then returns:

Officer: Is it a red purse with black trim and brass colored clasp with the initials MS on the side?

Victim: That's it, my name is Mary Smith and those are my initials. That's my purse.

Officer: I figured it was yours, he doesn't look like the purse type. The problem is he doesn't want to give it back.

Victim: Well, arrest him, he robbed me of that purse. He punched me, knocked me down and then took my purse. Look at this bruise on my arm, and I'm bleeding from my forehead.

Officer: I'm afraid I can't do that. He said he wouldn't allow me to arrest him. I can call the EMS folks though to treat you for your injuries. There will be a fee of course.

Victim: What??!! You have to arrest him. He committed a robbery and I'm the victim. I demand you arrest him.

Officer: I'm afraid I can't do that. He said he would fight if I tried to arrest him and our new Rules Of Engagement don't allow us to confront a hostile suspect.

Victim: Rules Of Engagement? What the hell is that?

Officer: Basically it means if the alleged suspect offers any resistance, or even says he will resist, our Rules Of Engagement say we shall not "engage". It's really quite simple and it makes our job much simpler. No more fights, no violence involved and everyone is much safer that way aren't they?

Victim: But he robbed me and he's standing right there, you mean you can't do anything?

Officer: Oh, whether or not I could do something doesn't matter. I'm not allowed to confront a possibly hostile suspect. Perhaps you could talk to him and see if he will come down to the precinct house and turn himself in.

Victim: That's it? That's all you can do?

Officer: Well, I can give you our website and you can make a report of this alleged crime. It's a really neat website, designed by the same folks that did that Affordable Care site And I'd be glad to give you the office phone numbers for Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Eric Holder.

Victim: Will they do anything?

Officer: Not really, they're only interested if I do something.

Victim: Well did you at least get his name so I know who the bad guy is when I make this report?

Officer: No, he didn't want to give me his name, and gosh all I can do is ask.

Victim: This is incredible. He's just standing over there like he knows nothing will be done about this.

Officer: I know. Happens all the time now. Well, have a nice day and call any time, we're here to help.

Victim: But officer.

Officer: You'll have to excuse me, I have to go apologize to that gentlemen for disrupting his day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least the officer gets to go home at night.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
It all changes if they'll walk up and shoot our police in the head now. Police state and race wars are being actively fed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
strange road the Country is going down now.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
strange road the Country is going down now.

yep, and anyone who's seen a prison riot first hand can tell you how its going to end.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
When the POTUS,AG,Sharptons,NYC Mayors,rappers promote this behavior,no way it can end well

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If it saves one child...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
If it saves one child...

"He's such a good boy"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How all officer/civilian interactions should be handled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBUUO_VFYMs

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably not much different than what was happening with our military in Iraq and Afghanistan under obama.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Probably not much different than what was happening with our military in Iraq and Afghanistan under obama.

Yep, if you put on a uniform you should be free to do anything you want to any non-uniform wearing person.

Just like this: http://www.fayobserver.com/military...ea7697e-e174-50f0-9e2b-e41ed6af0fd5.html

The survivor was involved in a bombing 2 months after the shooting which shows he had it coming 2 months prior to that bombing.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
While the Op's scenario may seem a little far fetched, think again. There are liberal, pacifist police chiefs being molded by city/town councils all over this country that are incorporating policies and procedures that make it harder, not easier, to enforce the law. Ten or twenty years from now...this scenario may not be that far fetched. Victims seem to be getting marginalized and perps are getting turned into victims...at least when it's politically convenient or when someone wants to play the race card.

When they interviewed officer Wilson, I wish they would have asked him one poignant question. Officer Wilson, if michael brown had been white, or Asian or Hispanic or gay or purple, would you have done the exact same thing? I guarantee you the answer would have been a resounding "yes"... And not because it's the politically correct answer.

What I don't get is the fact that many laws in this country are written to acknowledge and protect victim rights. So, why has the real victim, the minority store clerk, in ferguson mo been so marginalized. There's been little to no discussion of it, only outrage by many on the left that the store video was released.

The more I think about all this chaos, I have come to a couple conclusions. One, there are way too many people, of ALL races, that think they're owed something, and that they don't have to work for chit. Two, there is a serious, I mean serious, lack of REAL leadership in this country, only born and bred politicians pandering to some voting base. Sad, but this is our new norm. Will some real leaders please stand up!

And, make no mistake, public media, on tv on the internet and in print, is molding and shaping this country like never before! It's no longer about reporting news! Everything has a twist and a political angle based on the political and personal views of those running the news stations. This too is all about pandering to their viewing base...it's all about ratings and MONEY! Not about reporting FACTS, and letting an educated and informed viewer or reader come to their own conclusion.

My .02

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've had Sherp on Ignore now for quite a while! Sure is nice!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sherp's schtick (sp), is so old, stale,and boring I don't even bother to put him on ignore. stale as civil war era bread.
as for the ROE's we are circling the drain!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Yep, if you put on a uniform you should be free to do anything you want to any non-uniform wearing person.

Yep, it would make day to day living much safer; innocent people would have much less to fear from random violence.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,786 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,429
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.