Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
SWMBO and ours is kind of a rolling seafood feast. While I like little about living where I do, access to good fresh seafood is a plus. This year;

Lobster bisque
Fried Smelt with some homemade tarter sauce (hint use capers instead of pickle relish).
Seared Scallops over spinach, basil and cannellini beans with some lemon.
Olive Oil roasted gulf shrimp with lemon and pepper.

A little warm focaccia bread and a nice glass (ok, several) of a Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc (high grapefuit notes)

We do this while watching White Christmas and Polar Express. It's relaxing and enjoyable after the stress of the last few months. I hope everyone has a great Christmas Eve and treasures the family and memories they have.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
King Crab,champagne, fresh salad and Chocolate Eclairs here Pugs.

Have a good holiday!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tri-Tip and loaded baked potatoes...

Fried smelt sounds interesting..

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We're having chili...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steak and a squash casserole with bacon and cheddar (idea shamelessly stolen from Mannlicher). Little bit of Jim Beam.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
We're having chili...

beans?...... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
We're having chili...

beans?...... grin

No comment. grin

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Fried smelt sounds interesting..

Fried Smelt is one of those things that take me back to growing up in Chicago and being in Boy Scouts. We would gill net them on Lake Michigan on the sea wall under the John Hancock tower. A fire, oil and a pan and roll them corn meal and eat them in place.

No. These are not as good. Just as deer tenderloin is best cooked en' place at deer camp, but they are good nevertheless.

http://steamykitchen.com/15666-fried-smelt.html

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Home grown prime rib beef, horse radish, twice baked potatoes, brussel sprouts, pomegranate cheesecake. Prairie Fume wine.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had KFC tonight.

As a kid, dad always used to get a cheese/sausage box from his clients - we'd eat that. Dinners, fancy ones, never were a priority in my family.

As a reminder though, Christmas is the only time of year that you can sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of a sock without people calling the cops.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus! A cheese and sausage box? Ain't gotta be fancy, but damn!

Merry Christmas to ya!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Allen,

Thank you for not including me in for the strange food that comes out of the water. I have no idea how anyone can eat that stuff. I use it exclusively for bait, and even then some fish won't touch it. I'm in their league.

Best to you and yours for Chritmas.

Steve

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Jesus! A cheese and sausage box? Ain't gotta be fancy, but damn!

Merry Christmas to ya!

It was good stuff - big box with a lot of different kinds of fancy cheeses and the like. Box probably weighed 40lbs. Mom and dad always seemed to have to work Christmas Eve - we'd gorge all day on cookies and sweets anyway. Dinner was the cheese/sausage/cracker deal until it was time to get ready for Mass.

I worked today till about 3 - still sick but craved the KFC. Sitting home, sucking on some Vicks 44 and surfin the fire.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Elk lasagne..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Elk lasagne..

Send me the leftovers.

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We have had grilled steak on Christmas eve since my wife and I started dating. It's more than a few years. smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds lovely, Pugs, we're having messkin' tacos. Years ago, the kids decided that's what they wanted, so we have that every year since. Now my folks down in Miami on the other hand, are having the traditional roast pork with all the trimmings on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to you all! j

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Tacos, our traditional family meal since I was a kid. I ask my daughter what she wants for dinner every time. She says 'Uhhh, Tacos!', like I lost my mind.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Allen,

Thank you for not including me in for the strange food that comes out of the water. I have no idea how anyone can eat that stuff. I use it exclusively for bait, and even then some fish won't touch it. I'm in their league.

Steve

How the Hell can you live on the Chesapeake and not eat seafood? Oysters, clams, crabs, rockfish, eel, mussels, redfish, bluefish, speckled trout, flounder...the list could go on and on.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Allen,

Steve

How the Hell can you live on the Chesapeake and not eat seafood? Oysters, clams, crabs, rockfish, eel, mussels, redfish, bluefish, speckled trout, flounder...the list could go on and on.

I live on the Great Lakes, spend a ton of time fishing. Used to live on Monterey Bay too - I can't even tell you how to fillet a fish.

I can do shrimp, perch, walleye and pike but outside of that - I don't dig seafood either.

Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,211
Posts18,485,426
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.