Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
tp4whlr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Anyone have any experience with the Traditions Pursuit 50 cal. ?
recently picked-up a nickel finished, and haven't had a chance to do any shooting with it. This is my first use of the 209 ignition, any particulars to pay special attention to with these ?

NRA Patron Life Member
TSRA Life Member
Firearms Acquisitioner and Accumulator
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I like the Pursuit Pro. It has a fluted barrel & steel frame. For more consistent accuracy, that's the one to get.

tp4whlr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T7,
Those features are part of the reason I chose it. I intend to use it more for paper punching than hunting, but if it proves accurate and reliable it could replace my old T/C Hawken style 50 cal. as my hunting ML.

NRA Patron Life Member
TSRA Life Member
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Nothing in particular to watch for from my experience. I picked mine up last year and spend a good amount of time at the range and in the woods with it. It's light (about 6lbs, handles great and groups great off hand (open sites) at 100 yards for me.

I can't complain.

NH Hunter - Mike.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
tp4whlr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
The handling and balance were some of the final deciding factors. I was looking to upgrade to something with the 209 ignition, originally was lookin' towards a ML barrel for the Encore. I decided I didn't want to have to swap barrels.
I hope to get to the range later this week and wringe-out a couple of my new toys.

NRA Patron Life Member
TSRA Life Member
IC B2

O
O
I bought a Traditions rifle about 10 years ago. It would not fire. I returned it to Kmart where I bouhjt it. Kmart replaced it w/ an identicle rifle. Upon going to the range, it grouped horribly. It had high spots in ther grooves. I called Traditions. They said mail it to them. They replaced it w/ another identicle rifle. This rifle had a very large metal spur sticking out into the bore. I called Traditions again. I was told I had three rifles, "Whats your problem." I dont have a problem other than a Traditions piece of SH*t. Their customer support is extrordinarily BAD. I will never buy another Traditions product and I will always try to disuade anyone from buying their products. Their attitude is "Bend over I want to **** the money out of you".
See ya on the range,
oldern

G
G
I had the Pursuit LT, sold it , worried about strength of barrel. Good rifle and accurate.....just felt uneasy shooting it. Have an Encore and Omega, much better IMHO........

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,688
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.