Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Curdog4570,you have yet to upgrade your spiel past the ignorant. note:

1.it's rough men stand on walls
2."spineless coward" is a self awarded accolade
3.being chastised via PM is too scarey to contemplate
4.I would find being arrested as many times as you have stated that you
have to be degrading as well as a sure sign of a loser.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cs2blue
They are indeed heros! look what they signed on for. I to surpress evil for a living, What do you do? I am willing to die for someone I do not even know, to save a life. That is my level of commitment and you...............

Thank you for your service along with your brave comrades mentioned here:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/181365/police-violence-we-arent-talking-about

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Your fat, worthless ass hasn't been tossed yet?

Amazing!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Isn't that in Clark County?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/21557505/cover-up-alleged-in-clark-clark-family-court

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

Amazing!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac

Amazing!

How does a 25.1BMI make anyone fat or worthless?

Why should I be tossed for supporting the same people and groups you support and for the exact same reasons you support them?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by jnyork
While Obama golfs in the Hawaiian sun, Uncle Joe embarrasses all of us in front of the family of an American hero. frown

Hero??

No disrespect to the officer or his family, but being murdered while sitting in a car does not make one a hero, even if you are wearing a badge.

Does the same apply to the soldier, let's say he is a cook or a mechanic, and he is in a Humvee riding from point A to point B and his Humvee suddenly gets ambushed by an IED? Is this soldier a hero? By your thinking I guess his sacrifice doesn't really count and is no different than a car accident on the local highway.

OK, I'll play.

The Oxford Dictionary defines a hero as: "A person, typically a man, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities"

A "hero" is the soldier who dives on the grenade to save his buddies. A "hero" is a fireman who runs into a burning house to save a child. A "hero" is a cop who drags a woman out of a submerged car.

Being shot in the head while sitting in a car, or being blown up by an IED while riding in a vehicle, is not noble, courageous or an outstanding achievement. I never said or insinuated that the loss of life "didn't count"! Tragic loss of life?? Absolutely, but there is nothing "heroic" about it.

A few years ago, a trooper in my state was killed while responding to a call. His "patrol car" happened to be a camaro, he was driving it beyond his ability and too fast for conditions (I know this because of some "inside information" from local law enforcement). He lost control, crashed the car and burned to death. According to some people's definition of "hero", he qualifies���I don't consider him one.

A couple of years ago, about 8 miles from my house, a state trooper pulled up beside a dump truck at an intersection. The truck was blocking his view, he pulled out in front of an oncoming vehicle and was killed. The accident was his fault. Again, by some people's definition, he was a hero. �.as far as I'm concerned, he killed himself.

Again, several years ago, a state trooper made a U-turn on a turnpike, in front of an oncoming vehicle, and was killed��it was his fault. Not a hero if you ask me.

My ex-sister in law's brother drowned in a military training accident, sad, and a tragic loss of life, but that doesn't make him a "hero" either.

Wearing a badge or uniform does not automatically make one a "hero", even if killed while doing so.

And, by the way, my father was a law enforcement officer for over 20 years until he medically retired�so don't dismiss me as a cop basher.

EXCELLENT POST !!!!!

Finally someone else thinks what I've been grumbling.

Valor means something. Bravery, gallantry are (or were) words used to describe heroes.

"meritorious" Bronze Stars to whole units for "time served" or good behavior or as a friggin safety award like pocket knives and magLites handed out by TVA has cheapened the designation and honor of such awards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

mike r

Well, Well, Little Mikey WAS found by his new BFF.

I guess you skipped past all the arrests this "loser" had just for exercising my 2 A right and cops, KNOWING I WAS LEGAL, arrested me anyway.

But, no hard feelings. I usually had the money for bail in my pocket and enough to pay a lawyer to whisper in a Judge's ear the FACTS of the case and they were dismissed.

And despite the promises made by cops in a couple of the instances that they were going to melt my guns down, I always got 'em back. Even in Oklahoma.

But the idea that a two bit local yokel with a badge could cause me to spend 1500 bucks just because I didn't buy into his hero self image still galls me.

Get back up on the wall, tough guy. If I need you, I'll send for you. but don't hold your breath.

I've made it 73 years without ever sending for one of you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Curdog, apparently you don't have to send for them. Perhaps they just
don't like you for some unimaginable reason.

Many on here have exercised their 2A rights w/out
being arrested even once. Perhaps it's like, say an IQ test.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is probably an insult to Walter....but he is Old Joe's look-alike!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnGJGnUO_90

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It could be that the "others" did the "yessir, nosir" deal most of you seem to expect.

Once I finished my hitch in the Corp, "Sir" was a title to be earned.

A badge and gun didn't make you "Sir" to me. And the dark glasses y'all seem to favor hid your eyes. You can tell a lot about a man by the look in his eyes.

When you took your glasses off, you didn't SEEM to like the look in mine, at least that's usually the point where the B.S. questions would start.

When I wouldn't answer your B.S. questions that were none of your business ["why you have that rifle in the front seat?" for instance] you tough guys on the wall seemed to take it as an insult.

So you'd arrest me on a charge you knew was bogus and wouldn't stick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

mike r

Here is your exact statement:

Curdog, little mikey here.If you don't want to be regarded as ignorant upgrade the quality of your spiel. The reality you have problems recognizing is that w/out the "rough men" on the walls you, and those like you, would be subject to having the cannibals making your nutsacks into very small purses.

mike r

Be interesting to see if the forum has more "subjected ones" like me, or more self described "rough men on the walls", like you and "Superman" who "superses evil".

You're straining the thin blue line on this forum, Mikey. Better quit before you break it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Curdog, apparently you don't have to send for them. Perhaps they just
don't like you for some unimaginable reason.

that Many on here have exercised their 2A rights w/out
being arrested even once. Perhaps it's like, say an IQ test.

mike r

Are you referring to firearm privileges like hunting/target shooting/defense against other civilians or are you serious that "Many on here" have went toe to toe with US police and soldiers?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
While Obama golfs in the Hawaiian sun, Uncle Joe embarrasses all of us in front of the family of an American hero. frown

Hero??

No disrespect to the officer or his family, but being murdered while sitting in a car does not make one a hero, even if you are wearing a badge.

Does the same apply to the soldier, let's say he is a cook or a mechanic, and he is in a Humvee riding from point A to point B and his Humvee suddenly gets ambushed by an IED? Is this soldier a hero? By your thinking I guess his sacrifice doesn't really count and is no different than a car accident on the local highway.

The dead cops in NY, and the soldiers you mentioned, may have been heroes. But their deaths didn't make them heroes.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cs2blue
They are indeed heros! look what they signed on for. I to surpress evil for a living, What do you do? I am willing to die for someone I do not even know, to save a life. That is my level of commitment and you...............

I really wish you wouldn't feel like that.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tried to tell him, Blue,,,,,,, I really did. grin

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Hero??

OK, I'll play.

The Oxford Dictionary defines a hero as: "A person, typically a man, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities"

A "hero" is the soldier who dives on the grenade to save his buddies. A "hero" is a fireman who runs into a burning house to save a child. A "hero" is a cop who drags a woman out of a submerged car.

Being shot in the head while sitting in a car, or being blown up by an IED while riding in a vehicle, is not noble, courageous or an outstanding achievement. I never said or insinuated that the loss of life "didn't count"! Tragic loss of life?? Absolutely, but there is nothing "heroic" about it.

A few years ago, a trooper in my state was killed while responding to a call. His "patrol car" happened to be a camaro, he was driving it beyond his ability and too fast for conditions (I know this because of some "inside information" from local law enforcement). He lost control, crashed the car and burned to death. According to some people's definition of "hero", he qualifies���I don't consider him one.

A couple of years ago, about 8 miles from my house, a state trooper pulled up beside a dump truck at an intersection. The truck was blocking his view, he pulled out in front of an oncoming vehicle and was killed. The accident was his fault. Again, by some people's definition, he was a hero. �.as far as I'm concerned, he killed himself.

Again, several years ago, a state trooper made a U-turn on a turnpike, in front of an oncoming vehicle, and was killed��it was his fault. Not a hero if you ask me.

My ex-sister in law's brother drowned in a military training accident, sad, and a tragic loss of life, but that doesn't make him a "hero" either.

Wearing a badge or uniform does not automatically make one a "hero", even if killed while doing so.

And, by the way, my father was a law enforcement officer for over 20 years until he medically retired�so don't dismiss me as a cop basher.

Don't have to dismiss you as a cop basher you did a good job all by yourself.

Could have just said something nice about the cop but instead you make about you.

Jackass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mike103

Could have just said something nice about the cop but instead you make about you.

Jackass.

I said nothing good or bad about the cop�...I didn't know him�...what I do know is the way he died does not make him a hero��that is a distinction that should be reserved for those who earn it��applying it to those who didn't earn it just cheapens the acts of real heroes.

If that makes me a jackass, I'm proud to be one, but there is no way anything I posted "bashed" cops.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mike103

Jackass.

I said nothing good or bad about the cop�...I didn't know him�...what I do know is the way he died does not make him a hero��that is a distinction that should be reserved for those who earn it��applying it to those who didn't earn it just cheapens the acts of real heroes.

If that makes me a jackass, I'm proud to be one, but there is no way anything I posted "bashed" cops.

Yes you did. Anything not positive about a police officer is cop bashing. Doesn't matter what they have done. Let's see if you can repent by calling Daniel Holtzclaw the hero that he is:

http://www.koco.com/news/9-women-te...ted-them-more-set-to-take-stand/29786906

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
How many psychiatric disorders has your shrink diagnosed you with, tak?

Worthless F'ing loser.

William Arthur Ward

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (204guy, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219DW, 65 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,303
Posts18,487,114
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.