Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ROMAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I recently picked up a really nice Walther .22 that I was hoping someone like GeneB might be able to tell me more about. This is the clip fed bolt action model that is also a semi-auto when you fire with the bolt lifted up.

In my opinion he is our resident Savage .22 expert and probably the most knowledgable .22 guy I know so I hope he does not mind me asking. It is rather minty and I took a chance before I could do any real research.

Anyway, this is it. Does anyone know anything about these?, especially the factory engraved models?. I'm curious about how many were made, when, collectability, maybe some web sights dedicated to Walther guns in general.

Thanks in advance.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
WOW!!!!!!!!!

That's all I know, but had to say it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Fantastic mate.

I used to own a Beretta bolt/semi auto similar to your rifle minus the beautiful engraving

Johno.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know next to nothing about these, I have looked a couple and find the action does look very interesting but I have always been convinced not to buy one by what's written on the price tags, even my curiosity and interest in different 22's cannot over come the prices I have seen.

Sorry, but all I can tell you is they seem to be quite scarce (especially engraved!). Very interesting gun & action - I see the sight marked to 200, let us know how tight it groups at that range.

Gene
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Holy Cow!, I never heard of such a thing! What vintage do you think it is? One doesn't see much work done like that in the last 75 years.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How old is something like that?

Pre war I'm assuming?

Always interesting to me how German guns didn't exactly evolve from the same DNA as our American guns. Not that makes them any less interesting than our American engineered guns, many of them developed and engineered by some of the greatest American genius minds in our nation's history.

Notwithstanding, everybody knows the Germans had and have an outstanding reputation in engineering history, be it in guns, tanks, airplanes, rockets, cars or just about any piece of metal or technology that requires original ideas or thinking. Just interesting to me to see how they seem to have taken a slightly different style and direction. German guns are German guns, they can't be mistaken for anything else.

Maybe nobody else notices these kinds of things, Just a gun and history geek.

Like me...

Last edited by 99guy; 12/30/14. Reason: My brain thinks faster than my fingers can type

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Years ago I had a WWII Walther 98 .22 Trainer, it had the same sight as yours, and the barrel was bored off center. The firing pin in the bolt was centrally located. Is your barrel bored off center?

I have never seen a Walther any prettier than that one !!! Great find.

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Roger - you really come up with some neat stuff cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ROGER
GOING THROUGH MY LATE FATHER-In LAWS BOOKS On MAUSERS AND SUCH, THAT GUN WAS MADE Somome were in the mid 1910's
As far as ENGRAVING? COULD Not SAy, But Looks to Be VERY EUROPEAN.
NICE FIND

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

710 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 3,251 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,307
Posts18,526,126
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.