-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AllState CEO sounded like he'd been sucking on a helium balloon.

Reminded me of Dana Carvey imitating George HW Bush on Saturday Night Live

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Honest assessment.

MM

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks like the tide got ROLLED OVER!!!

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Skeezix
Looked to me like Saban and Sims were paid off. And I can't stand Bama.

Contrast Saban's conduct (anger, acting up on sideline, motivation, etc.) in this game vs. the Ol Miss game.

Mafia made out like bandits tonight. Two passes right to defenders. One was tween the numbers of three defenders with no receiver around. Looked weird.

Last edited by eyeball; 01/01/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

This whole post game interview is a CF!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Skeezix
Looked to me like Saban and Sims were paid off. And I can't stand Bama.

Contrast Saban's conduct (anger, acting up on sideline, motivation, etc.) in this game vs. the Ol Miss game.
Saban gets really heated when players don't execute. And that was the problem tonight, not a lack of coaching. I've watched these guys all year and can tell the difference. OSU had something to do with that but we just blew some plays that probably would have made a big difference. It was just a really bad night to play less than your top game.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

This whole post game interview is a CF!!

I was laughing my ass off !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What the first season under THE COMMITTEE has taught us is that all of the five "POWER CONFERENCES" (read: GOD'S CHOSEN) need to realize that as soon as they only have one unbeaten team, the rest of the teams in the league need to lie down and let them contiue with an undefeated season in order to guarantee that the conference does not play itself out of being invited to the CHAMPIONSHIP.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The problem with saying you didn't play the best tonight is that OSU would be able to say the same thing if Bama would have pulled it out, and I'm sure FSU would like to use that excuse as well.
However if I recall correctly bama had that happen two other times this year & were still able to pull it out so overall I would say they under achieved as a whole & it finally caught up to them.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Jesus, I can't stand tOSU as much as anyone, but holy cow, the THIRD string QB?

The Buckeyes always have top tier talent and athletes and it was nice to see them actually have to use that potential.
In years past it seemed like they half-azzed it and played to the level of their competition; they even did it a couple times this year.

The hitting on both sides was nice to watch.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The better team won tonight and with their 3rd-string QB. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll stick with labeling them over achievers. They could easily have lost those 2 other games and finished much worse than number 3 in the nation. Lane Kiffin deserves a lot of credit for making the best out of what he had to work with on offense. But the defensive secondary as a unit was questionable all year. Hard to win championships with that weakness. Still after watching them all year I can honestly say this was not the team's best effort. And OSU played much closer to their potential. The most talented team I've watched this year is Oregon at least as they played today. I doubt Alabama could have beaten them and I doubt OSU will.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootem
I'll stick with labeling them over achievers. They could easily have lost those 2 other games and finished much worse than number 3 in the nation. Lane Kiffin deserves a lot of credit for making the best out of what he had to work with on offense. But the defensive secondary as a unit was questionable all year. Hard to win championships with that weakness. Still after watching them all year I can honestly say this was not the team's best effort. And OSU played much closer to their potential. The most talented team I've watched this year is Oregon at least as they played today. I doubt Alabama could have beaten them and I doubt OSU will.
My exact thoughts and I'm an Ohio State fan.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Changing my score prediction,

35-14 OSU.....grin

can't say what it is about having to wipe cowchit off your boots

but it certainly adds wisdom to the man that does so

can that Sammo pick em or what?

Vegas is lucky his dad keeps him so danged busy!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Randy, pure genious!

Uber game....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
For lack of a 'Lacey'.....

And the Saints let him get away to the Pack!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by shootem
I'll stick with labeling them over achievers. They could easily have lost those 2 other games and finished much worse than number 3 in the nation. Lane Kiffin deserves a lot of credit for making the best out of what he had to work with on offense.

I guess that may be somewhat true depending how you look at it. I haven't watched them at all this year so if their play exceeded their talent level you are correct. I'm sure Kiffin did a great job.
However they came into the year ranked #2 in the country & were ranked at the top all year & finished at #1. All you heard is how they were the best team around. Saban is very capable of getting the best out of his players.
If they really didn't have the talent level (which I doubt) then they shouldn't have been that highly ranked all year, especially when they struggled which means they were over rated.
So I stand with over rated, or under achievers/ possibly some of both.
But I do agree with you that the secondary is lack luster & Simms is probably just an average QB.
Hopefully the N.C. game is just as entertaining to watch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I think OSU will give them a game.......be surprised if they don't.

MM

Talk about game, I liked Raymond Waters (ASU) decision over Mark Martin (OSU). Waters is a freak. Think Martin is ranked 10th in the nation.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 14idaho, 405winash, 257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 852 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,406
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.