Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Many times you hear about the Judeo-Christian tradition in this country. My problem with this is that the jews crucified Christ, not the arabs. Why do so called Christians give special favor to jews over non-islamofacist arabs?

Okie, you're a [bleep] idiot. Why does anyone even listen to this guy? Is there a biggger moron on the fire than Okie?

I'll give you a clue, you illiterate dolt: Jews don't blow up children. Muslim's do. The latter lack a commitment to Judeo-Christian ethics. BTW, if you want a clue as to who hates Christians (and religious Jews) the most, try atheists you [bleep] idiot.

Rob Jordan,

You're either an APAIC/ADL/hasbara shill or illiterate of history. Jews invented terrorism. Israel has declared war on the United States and has murdered not only American soldiers but ordinary Americans as well. An Israeli suicide bomber tried to blow up the US Capitol. And there exists substantial proof that Mossad murdered JFK.

So what's in it for you? Why are you lying to 'fire posters? Are you shillin'?

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SansSouci

You're either an APAIC/ADL/hasbara shill or illiterate of history. Jews invented terrorism. Israel has declared war on the United States and has murdered not only American soldiers but ordinary Americans as well. An Israeli suicide bomber tried to blow up the US Capitol. And there exists substantial proof that Mossad murdered JFK.

Let me guess.

You are sitting in the middle of a pentagram on the floor, burning incense in cocobolo nunchuck candle holders, trying to resurrect TRH's account.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This place is too frustrating. Bristoe, Ghost, TRH, Derby, and a few other authentic conservatives whom I have missed, you're stalwart opposition to the 'fire's neocons, liberals, & shills is commendable.

Godspeed.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This place is too frustrating. Bristoe, Ghost, TRH, Derby, and a few other authentic conservatives whom I have missed, you're stalwart opposition to the 'fire's neocons, liberals, & shills is commendable.

Godspeed.

schwing...

(that's yiddish for "thought so")

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
RWE,

Why the eff would you deviate from your MO of guessing? You ain't got a clue of factual information, so you remain loyal to your MO of making chit up.

Stick with it. There's no need for light of knowledge when the bag over your head makes you look almost presentable.

What rank have you earned in America's fifth column? Are you a private first class yet?

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RWE

Godspeed.

schwing...

Yiddish? You speak yiddish? I shoulda known. Yiddish is the bastard language of Ashkenazi Jews, the phony Jews that have duped Americans in to surrendering their country's sovereignty to their control.

I shoulda pegged you as a fraud a long time ago.

This place is academy for America's fifth column indoctrination and reeducation.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RWE,

Why the eff would you deviate from your MO of guessing? You ain't got a clue of factual information, so you remain loyal to your MO of making chit up.

Stick with it. There's no need for light of knowledge when the bag over your head makes you look almost presentable.

What rank have you earned in America's fifth column? Are you a private first class yet?

Making up schit?

Are you referring to the whole Pentagram comment, because, that, you ignorant [bleep], is called sarcasm.

Certainly nothing I would claim to be an actual event, although in retrospect your subsequent prop to TRH would make one suspect.

By the way, is my MO guessing OR making chit up?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

schwing...

Yiddish? You speak yiddish? I shoulda known. Yiddish is the bastard language of Ashkenazi Jews,

No, doo schnozzle, I was making chit up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Godspeed.

Bristoe will hunt you down and kill you for grouping him with DD.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Godspeed.

Bristoe will hunt you down and kill you for grouping him with DD.

I'm sure the Mossad will beat him to it....

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Either Jesus was a man of history or not. Either he was crucified or not. Sounds like the skeptics cannot agree among themselves. First Jesus is only recorded by Josephus and then another skeptic says that passage is spurious -- meaning there is no record at all. So which is it--is Jesus a man of history or not?

Celsus was a contemporary antagonist of early Christianity but he never disputed Jesus' existence or crucifixion--he only disputed the deity of Christ. The pagan emperor Julian wanted to take Rome back to its pagan roots and he derogatorily referred to Christians as Galileans. He never disputed the historicity of Jesus, he only contended that a Jewish carpenter could never be a god. Those critics had access to far more information of their times than we do. They could have investigated the Roman census and criminal records of Palestine. Their antagonism was based on their belief that this mere man Jesus was not divine, it was not based on the belief that He never existed or was never crucified.

Suetonias and Tacitus also speak of Christ.

Most skeptics I have dialogued with have a very minimal or selective understanding of early AD history. Skepticism concerning the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth is largely based on historical ignorance or refusal to accept the historical evidence.

The name Jesus was a popular name at the time also there were many "saviors" at the time. Crucifixion was also a popular means of execution especially for treason. So there's no doubt that a "Jesus" was "crucified".

Still for all the threat Jesus supposedly posed to the Roman State and the Jewish hierarchy it seems there should be a ton of historical information out there and other than the Bible there isn't, only a mere mention here and there.

Personally, I don't doubt a Jesus was crucified. However, the orthodox Roman Christian religion is a man created religion about Jesus rather than the religion of Jesus.

All religions are man created religions about a God.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
However, the orthodox Roman Christian religion is a man created religion about Jesus rather than the religion of Jesus.

you must be stuck on some sort of misguided thought about orthodox roman church being the real church

the church is not
a denomination
a business
a building
a government
a official anything

the church is
people who believe in and follow christ

it was started with christ and not some hot shot a thousand years after christ arose

MC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MattClark
However, the orthodox Roman Christian religion is a man created religion about Jesus rather than the religion of Jesus.

you must be stuck on some sort of misguided thought about orthodox roman church being the real church

the church is not
a denomination
a business
a building
a government
a official anything

the church is

it was started with christ and not some hot shot a thousand years after christ arose

There is the Church referring to the organization and there is the church referring to the building.

The Church I'm referring to is the the organized Christian Church.

The Roman Christian Church is the official Christian organization. Every other Christian sect is heresy and condemned by the Church. If the Inquisition was still active all you heretics would be condemned to the stake. You are lucky to be alive when you are.

As to Jesus, there is no evidence that Jesus established a new religion. Jesus was a devote Jew from what can be gathered from history. The religion of Jesus was Judaism. What sect is open to speculation although many scholars believe he was an Essene or even a Zealot. No where in any Gospels and I have read a lot of Gospels besides the official four of the Roman Christians does Jesus ever refer to his new Christian religion.

Christianity is a man made religion about Jesus.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
if I confess to being a jew will you all hate me and kick me off

Many here are de facto, watered down Jews coming from the dispersion of the 10 northern tribes, over the Caucasus mtns, then via northern Europe, to America, and are now commonly known as 'white folk'.

ymmv

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
if I confess to being a jew will you all hate me and kick me off

Many here are de facto, watered down Jews coming from the dispersion of the 10 northern tribes, over the Caucasus mtns, then via northern Europe, to America, and are now commonly known as 'white folk'.

ymmv

laugh laugh laugh

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by derby_dude

the church is not
a denomination
a business
a building
a government
a official anything

the church is

There is the Church referring to the organization and there is the church referring to the building.

The Roman Christian Church is the official Christian organization. Every other Christian sect is heresy and condemned by the Church. If the Inquisition was still active all you heretics would be condemned to the stake. You are lucky to be alive when you are.

As to Jesus, there is no evidence that Jesus established a new religion. Jesus was a devote Jew from what can be gathered from history. The religion of Jesus was Judaism. What sect is open to speculation although many scholars believe he was an Essene or even a Zealot. No where in any Gospels and I have read a lot of Gospels besides the official four of the Roman Christians does Jesus ever refer to his new Christian religion.

Christianity was a small brotherhood that became a following by means of the Apostles developing a discipleship producing more Apostles that became an Institution.

The Roman Church is "Official" in their eyes only. QED

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by derby_dude

the church is not
a denomination
a business
a building
a government
a official anything

the church is

Christianity was a small brotherhood that became a following by means of the Apostles developing a discipleship producing more Apostles that became an Institution.

The Roman Church is "Official" in their eyes only. QED

Roman Christianity became "official" with Constantine's so-called conversion and his making Christianity the "official" religion of the Roman Empire.

Before that Christianity was very disorganized with many different sects. Certainly Christianity was not an organized religion before Constantine.

As I said it's good for many of you heretics to be living now and not facing the inquisition.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The name Jesus was a popular name at the time also there were many "saviors" at the time. Crucifixion was also a popular means of execution especially for treason. So there's no doubt that a "Jesus" was "crucified".

Still for all the threat Jesus supposedly posed to the Roman State and the Jewish hierarchy it seems there should be a ton of historical information out there and other than the Bible there isn't, only a mere mention here and there.

Personally, I don't doubt a Jesus was crucified. However, the orthodox Roman Christian religion is a man created religion about Jesus rather than the religion of Jesus.

All religions are man created religions about a God.

So how many Jesus of Nazareths from history who were crucified in Jerusalem under Pontius Pilate are there which are considered the founder of Christianity? Suetonius and Tacitus only wrote of one with regards to the Christians. Apparently you know more about Roman history than they!
Sometimes skeptics are so bent on their agenda that they don't even believe in logic!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Constantine called the Council Of Nicea together to control what was not, obviously, going to go away and was growing almost daily. Again, "official" in their eyes only.

The schism developed between the east orthodox gang and the Roman Catholic gang over one specific line in the Nicene Creed being that the eastern gang didn't recognize the Holy Spirit as one on equal with the Father and Son. Again, "official" in their eyes only.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Before that Christianity was very disorganized with many different sects. Certainly Christianity was not an organized religion before Constantine.

Before Constantine convened the Council of Nicea, Irenaeus, a prominent writer of the early 200s wrote:

The Church, though scattered throughout the whole world, even to the ends of the earth, has received from the apostles and their disciples this faith: One God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven, and earth , and the sea, and all things that are in them; and in one Christ Jesus, the Son of God, who became incarnate for our salvation, and in the Holy Spirit, who proclaimed through the prophets the administrations of God, and the advents, and the birth from a virgin, and the passion, and the resurrection from the dead, and the ascension into heaven in the flesh of the beloved Christ Jesus, our Lord, and his appearing from heaven in the glory of the Father "to gather all things in one," and to raise up anew all flesh of the entire human race, in order that to Christ Jesus, our Lord, and God, and Saviour, and King, according to the will of the invisible Father, "every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess" to him, and that he should execute righteous judgment toward all, that he may send "spiritual wickednesses," and the angels who transgressed and became apostates, together with the ungodly, and unrighteous, and wicked, and profane among men, into everlasting fire, but may, in the exercise of his grace, confer immortality on the righteous, and holy, and those who have kept his commands, and have persevered in his love, some from the beginning, and others from their repentance, and may surround them with everlasting glory. As I have already indicated, the Church, having received this preaching and this faith, although scattered throughout the whole world, yet, as if inhabiting but one house, carefully guards it.

It is true the Church was not organized under one hierarchical structure of authority in its primitive days of purity, but it professed the fundamental tenets of the Christian faith with one voice.

Constantine convened the Council of Nicea after making Christianity the official religion of Rome in order to address the growing Arian heresy and to decide if this system of thought should be considered within or outside of true Christianity. The Church made it clear to Constantine that they considered it a heresy. They could not have done so, unless they were previously speaking with one voice prior to the rise of Arianism.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 01/05/15.
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,947
Posts18,519,179
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.