Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Many times you hear about the Judeo-Christian tradition in this country. My problem with this is that the jews crucified Christ, not the arabs. Why do so called Christians give special favor to jews over non-islamofacist arabs?

The Jews did not crucify Christ, the Romans did.
We all crucified Christ, but it was not through force but by His choice. No one took His life from Him, He laid it down for you and I.

Threads like this just amaze me. So little understanding, but then that would get in the way of the bias.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well,,,it's good to know that we have you here to clarify everything for we the unwashed.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
first and foremost, and we've gone through this before, a mere human cannot kill a god. not jews, romans, or the rest of us gentiles.

a god is a god. let's don't try to kill them, ok? their story does get a little screwed up from time to time.

secondly, the Rabbi Jesus was a great teacher. the other mystical components are just that, mystical..,.the virgin birth, the resurrection, the forty days till ascension.

to believe is one thing, to know is another horse of a different color.

the jews at least some of them claimed jesus was the son of a cydonian archer in the roman army, panthea or some such. the google is at your fingertips. surely, the Jews are mistaken?

the muslims knows that jesus is neck and neck with mohammed as a prophet.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Many times you hear about the Judeo-Christian tradition in this country. My problem with this is that the jews crucified Christ, not the arabs. Why do so called Christians give special favor to jews over non-islamofacist arabs?

The Jews did not crucify Christ, the Romans did.
We all crucified Christ, but it was not through force but by His choice. No one took His life from Him, He laid it down for you and I.

Threads like this just amaze me. So little understanding, but then that would get in the way of the bias.
I fully agree. God picked that time and place because he knew what the Jews would do. God certainly didn't force them, he just knew they'd do it. Likewise, God picked Judas to betray Jesus not because Judas was forced to do it but because God knew he would use his free choice to do it. No one is forced to sin but God knows we will before we do it.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
this so=called God, or YHWH, that so many speak of, was quite the Trickster wasn't he?

i mean, he knew so much beforehand, but never moved a muscle to change the outcomes? i wonder if he had pre-destined it all to be this way? the evidence sure makes it look like he did.

but, why, pray tell?

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Well,,,it's good to know that we have you here to clarify everything for we the unwashed.
Really? If you don't agree, just say so and I'll be happy to discuss with you. Backhanded sarcasm does not suit you well.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Gus
this so=called God, or YHWH, that so many speak of, was quite the Trickster wasn't he?

i mean, he knew so much beforehand, but never moved a muscle to change the outcomes? i wonder if he had pre-destined it all to be this way? the evidence sure makes it look like he did.

but, why, pray tell?
Because He can. He has a plan. We make the mistake of assuming that plan is about us. I highly doubt that. We are certainly a part of His plan, as far fetched as that sounds, once you consider the depravity of humanity. And that is exactly why we are part of His plan I believe: to use such corruptible beings as people to bring Him Glory is remarkable, indeed. Who else could do such a thing or even consider it than the God of all Eternity?

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Roman Christianity became "official" with Constantine's so-called conversion and his making Christianity the "official" religion of the Roman Empire.

i could care less what some self centred a$$ hat declared centuries ago

the only church are the followers of christ

i dont need no official anything to follow christ

you seem intelligent or at least well read try thinking for yourself and forgetting official

MC
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
i matt clark do declare the 270 the official rifle cartridge

all other cartridges are apostate and false

i declared it official so it has to be right mark down this date on all your calendars

so it is said so it is done

MC
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by grouseman
Neither. Democrats.
Best answer!

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
liberals hate Jesus more than the jews or muzzies put together.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here's some wholesome Jew entertainment for kids in Israel.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
The name Jesus was a popular name at the time also there were many "saviors" at the time. Crucifixion was also a popular means of execution especially for treason. So there's no doubt that a "Jesus" was "crucified".

Still for all the threat Jesus supposedly posed to the Roman State and the Jewish hierarchy it seems there should be a ton of historical information out there and other than the Bible there isn't, only a mere mention here and there.

Personally, I don't doubt a Jesus was crucified. However, the orthodox Roman Christian religion is a man created religion about Jesus rather than the religion of Jesus.

All religions are man created religions about a God.

So how many Jesus of Nazareths from history who were crucified in Jerusalem under Pontius Pilate are there which are considered the founder of Christianity? Suetonius and Tacitus only wrote of one with regards to the Christians. Apparently you know more about Roman history than they!
Sometimes skeptics are so bent on their agenda that they don't even believe in logic!

There is no proof that any Jesus of Nazareth was crucified. A Jesus was crucified but who he was is anybody's guess.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
It is true the Church was not organized under one hierarchical structure of authority in its primitive days of purity, but it professed the fundamental tenets of the Christian faith with one voice.

Constantine convened the Council of Nicea after making Christianity the official religion of Rome in order to address the growing Arian heresy and to decide if this system of thought should be considered within or outside of true Christianity. The Church made it clear to Constantine that they considered it a heresy. They could not have done so, unless they were previously speaking with one voice prior to the rise of Arianism.

There was never one voice in Christianity until Constantine. There were so many sects that's impossible to count them all.

True that Arianism was a major heresy. But there were many others. There was one voice at the council it was Constantine's. He ran the council and power being what it is the bishops who wanted power sided with Constantine.

Again, Christianity is the religion of man about Jesus who those men made into a god.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus
first and foremost, and we've gone through this before, a mere human cannot kill a god. not jews, romans, or the rest of us gentiles.

a god is a god. let's don't try to kill them, ok? their story does get a little screwed up from time to time.

secondly, the Rabbi Jesus was a great teacher. the other mystical components are just that, mystical..,.the virgin birth, the resurrection, the forty days till ascension.

to believe is one thing, to know is another horse of a different color.

the jews at least some of them claimed jesus was the son of a cydonian archer in the roman army, panthea or some such. the google is at your fingertips. surely, the Jews are mistaken?

the muslims knows that jesus is neck and neck with mohammed as a prophet.

Point well taken.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus

but, why, pray tell?

Another good point.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by derby_dude
All religions are man created religions about a God.

Derby,

The "All" in your statement includes your religion too, right? And, if it's man made, why do you believe it?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MattClark
Roman Christianity became "official" with Constantine's so-called conversion and his making Christianity the "official" religion of the Roman Empire.

i could care less what some self centred a$$ hat declared centuries ago

the only church are the followers of christ

i dont need no official anything to follow christ

you seem intelligent or at least well read try thinking for yourself and forgetting official

So which followers of Christ are the right followers of Christ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MattClark
i matt clark do declare the 270 the official rifle cartridge

all other cartridges are apostate and false

i declared it official so it has to be right mark down this date on all your calendars

so it is said so it is done

It doesn't work that way. You have to be a emperor with power of life and death to make it work. Can you do that?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well we know what they think. Love the chick in the bikini.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,212
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.