Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by .280Rem
When hunting season ends, it will soon be riding season. The thread about the Barber Motorsports park got me wondering. Who rides? Show me your scoot.

[Linked Image]

SA WEET! And as I said above, thanks for starting this thread and helping some of us get the juices flowing. I like the mod's you mentioned in your second post here. Juuuuussssst right, and very streetable. Have enough power for you now?

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Bunch'a Geezer Glides here.

2014 Honda CB500X. Or a "kid's bike" as the Deputy Sheriff who pulled me over called it. wink

[Linked Image]

Or as someone here once called them "rolling barcaloungers" I am glad I am not the only one here who likes to carve up a corner and/or go fast on two wheels. That one looks like loads of fun, too.

Do you take it on any longer rides? Or just local jaunts?

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
You asked for a *scoot*.
2006 with 23K on it commuting back and forth to work until last July. I think it paid for itself pretty quick?

[Linked Image]

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Now that's a good ride.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ready to find some mud bogs!

[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Most of the time, I ride this Trek hard-tail mountain bike, almost every day:
[Linked Image]

Spring and summer, I'll haul out the OLD Cannondale and start putting in some longer rides. I think I've had that old blue Cannondale about 25-30 years! Despite closing in on 60 years of age, I try to do a "century" ride or two every year:
[Linked Image]

When I want something that uses other than muscle power, it's the Suzuki DL650, a sweet running twin that has taken me on tours up to 3,000 miles, comfortably, on and off-pavement:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And up here on the dry side of the Cascades in Washington, it's really not appealing to be out on the motorcycle now. The pedal bikes? Oh yeah! They're fun, even in the snow. Especially the mountain bike.

Regards, Guy

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Never ends. [Linked Image]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great photo!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mine is a 2013 HD FLHR (Road King).

Added: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and Monster Twin Slash Oval Pipes, SE-255 Cams, Heritage style handle bars, and the sound system, plus a few shiny things here and there. The bike is just the down payment!

I put nearly 12K miles on it the first year, but work really cut in to riding this least year.
What kind of sound system, and what device do you use for music/radio?

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I used to do a lot of off-road mountain biking. Had a couple bad spills, including a straddle accident that left my cojones swollen & black & blue for 3 weeks...

I really lost my enthusiasm for mountain-biking after that last injury. I'll stick to road cruisers now, but the rest of y'all can enjoy all you want!!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Here's my ride. I have my tins in the paint shop right now. But as soon as I get em back I'm gonna get it ready for the season.

[Linked Image]

Ol' lady wanted just had to have her own machine so I took care of her at Christmas this year...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This is the bike I crossed the country on in '10, I forget exactly how often I've done that ride over the previous 25 years, a bunch....

[Linked Image]

..and this is my ride when I crossed the country in '14... cool

[Linked Image]

...and my daily commuter, originally bought for my son 17 years back as a reward for finishing the 50 mile Lance Armstrong ride... cool

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ST50
Mine is a 2013 HD FLHR (Road King).

Added: Screaming Eagle Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Vance and Hines Dresser Duals and Monster Twin Slash Oval Pipes, SE-255 Cams, Heritage style handle bars, and the sound system, plus a few shiny things here and there. The bike is just the down payment!

I put nearly 12K miles on it the first year, but work really cut in to riding this least year.
What kind of sound system, and what device do you use for music/radio?

It's the HD Boom Audio. I plug it in to my "device" (phone) where I have Iheartradio, Pandora, and a bunch of my own music loaded. The case where my device goes you can see on the tank.

War Damn Eagle!

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by safariman
When hunting season ends, it will soon be riding season. The thread about the Barber Motorsports park got me wondering. Who rides? Show me your scoot.

[Linked Image]

SA WEET! And as I said above, thanks for starting this thread and helping some of us get the juices flowing. I like the mod's you mentioned in your second post here. Juuuuussssst right, and very streetable. Have enough power for you now?

Yes, for what it is, it's pretty strong I suppose. I forget my dyno numbers...there's guys who have spent a lot more and have a lot more power too.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Here's my ride. I have my tins in the paint shop right now. But as soon as I get em back I'm gonna get it ready for the season.

[Linked Image]

Ol' lady wanted just had to have her own machine so I took care of her at Christmas this year...

[Linked Image]

You made me laugh out loud with that one! Just showed it to Asphalt Angel (who DOES have her own motorcycle, and a nice one) and she was a little less enthusiastic with her laughter.....

Your bike is softtail SWEETNESS! Way cool ride there, hoss.

What color is the tin going to be this year?

IF cash allows, my tin is going back to plain steel with some weld lines and rivet lines on all of it, then clear coated and some WWll fighter/bomber graphics on it. Might have to be another year for all of that, though. My kidney transplant surgery is coming up and the cost to finish up the Turbo Install correctly is, shall we say, above estimated budget..... blush crazy Gotta have some money for some long rides and race entry fees saved back, too. On BOTH our bikes. Sherri is getting pretty good at the lights on the drag strip, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman

[Linked Image]

Yes, for what it is, it's pretty strong I suppose. I forget my dyno numbers...there's guys who have spent a lot more and have a lot more power too.

There is a point of dollars expended VS value recieved aka the law of diminishing returns. I am re learning that lesson right now with this turbocharger deal. Good chance that when I get it back, it will scare me so bad it will be up for sale anyways.

I think you have it about right there. If I sell my race bike and get a new 110 inch Super Glide, what you have done is about where I will stop, as well.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
'08 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic,
Also have a 73 Norton Commando Interstate.
Went to the Vintage Festival at Barber last year, it's quite a place.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.

I think I've forgotten this before.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RBhunt227....

YOU TURBOSUCK!!!!!

I totally love those old Nortons! Wanted one since, like... forever. But I would kill myself on that one with the brake on the left and shifter on the right side. At this ppoint I would have to wait for a late Super Commando 850 with the 'merican style controls. I wish you could post a video of it running so all could hear what a motorcycle is supposed to sound like.

That Ultra Clssic ain't too shabby, either. Too big and comfy for me right now, but I ain't gettin any younger, and my racing days are not going to be forever. Blue and Silver together is just a great combo.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That Norton is awesome!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1234, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 53 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,638
Posts18,474,424
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.