Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$400 a year ain't bad at all.

Nice property and looks to be a very good buy.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Sent you a PM. Is the land sold?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I grew up in Conneaut Lake and have been to this place. There may be bass in the lake........

Hunting in that part of the world is outstanding - turkeys and deer. There are bass/panfish in about every lake, turkeys in every block of woods, and alot of big bucks. There is enough northerns and muskies to make it more interesting and walleyes in several lakes, notably Pymatuning to the west.

As far as SGL - Lake Wilhelm isn't far away and has great hunting opportunities - but you won't need them if you have the ability to talk with people and not come across as an ass clown. This is redneck country - people are very nice, friendly, all drive pickups and most go to church on Sunday, and may drink a beer or two on Friday/Saturday night. The Crawford County fair in late August is a big deal. All told, its a great place to live, hunt/fish, and raise your kids.

The only downside: weather sucks. Do a search on the past couple days - single digits, snow, wind, clouds. The sun leaves in October and doesn't reappear till May. Gray clouds for 4-6 months of the year with an occasional glimpse of the sun.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
pretty good analysis for being in Tenn,--but not correct.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yea, it sucks here, the fish are small the weather sucks the deer are gone and everyone's really really mean, stay away, far far away.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Possibly you could point out the errors.I only lived there 40+ years......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I still do, and we don't want or need any "city" folks moving here for the good life, we have it great because they live in the cities, just look at the voting maps.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
There are no deer or turkeys around lake Wilhelm ( I have killed most of them )And yes we are rednecks, most trucks have a loaded gun or two and several cold beers. LOL I find it funny that several ppl here know where this property is located and have fished the lake...

But watch out for the WTO, I do believe they burnt the nice old barn and house that sat on this proper. WTO = Wayne Township Outlaws....

Don't gobble at me
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fullfan
..... LOL I find it funny that several ppl here know where this property is located and have fished the lake...

Why is that funny?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Its ice fishin time in North West PA!

Is fergies still open?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've shot a turkey or two around the lake and may have even caught a couple fish in the lake wink

I can't say as I shot many deer down there - I mainly hunted a bit north of there and in/around Conneaut Lake/Hartstown. I missed a dandy buck this year about 5-6 miles north of Hidden Lake. Been hunting there since early 1980's.

Despite the weather,I'd move back if my wife would move. We moved down here for my job 7 years ago. All the kids moved here in the past 2 years. And they've all discovered they are southern - hate snow, love sweet tea, and love the heat in July/Aug. Deer hunting down here sucks compared to NW PA.

As the song goes "these are my people" (Rodney Adkins). Love the place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimy
Its ice fishin time in North West PA!

Is fergies still open?

Let you know in a few weeks. A couple of my TN friends have never been ice fishing - and I'm taking them to Wilhelm in Feb. They think they are going to freeze to death. That would be salmon fishing in the Niagara river in Feb/mar in NY - another trip they think they want to do. eek

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The cold helps weed out the weak, and it makes the crappies taste soooo much better!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by jimy; 01/10/15.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I just took a ride around Wilhelm looking for coyote tracks. Saw 3 guys trying to get the nerve up to get on the ice. And yes fergies is still open. I checked my pond yesterday, only 2" on ice so far.

Just know how remote your property is, and that several folks here have fished and been there shocks me. I Grew up in Cochranton, and spent many a nights in Wayne TWP chasing the girls...

Don't gobble at me
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If I win the Lottery, you'll hear from me. Many years ago, I drove OTR often through Pennsylvania, and thought nice place to retire.
I miss the panfish ice fishing, the hard wood forests of Wisconsin, and your area NW Pennsylvania would surely fit the bill.
Mountains of Wyoming are great, but small town folks in Pennsylvania trump that for an old phart like me.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I'm from Meadville. Never did much tramping around south of Cochranton, but that looks like a nice piece of ground. You advertising locally as well? I might have a cousin looking for a place.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
i lived in Guys Mills 1978-83, learned to deer hunt while there, still miss it and plan to be buried there. people are the best, and so is the land.

Yesu ai zhongguo
rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
No longer for sale

Last edited by rrroae; 01/17/15.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,966
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.