Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Bbear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm in the final stages of a build on an Interarms Mark X Action in 358 Winchester. I will be mounting an older Leica 1.75-6 30 mm tube scope on it.
I'm wondering what y'all would suggest for bases and ring combination on this rig?
Basic two-piece bases w/ matching rings or a one-piece base with matching rings?
Also, brands suggestions would be nice.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
GB1

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The L/W Talley's are pretty nice on a Mauser. They come in 30mm also.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Talley LWs get my vote also.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Nice rifle! I have a 350 Remington Magnum built on the same action with a Leupold Ultralight 3x9 scope, Leupold bases and rings -

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless the styling of your build mandates blued steel, Talleys.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zavasta actions hate short scope tubes. When you have your scope and rifle in hand see what mount ring set up will work the best. A long tube isn't a problem.

I do like your scope choice for a 358 Win though. I just hope it doesn't give you fits mounting it.

Please post a pic of the rifle when you get it all set up.

Dan

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Both my M98s wear "Redfield" style one piece mounts, Have Weaver GS steel on one and Leupold STD on the other. I like the looks of the Weaver a little more, not much of a difference between them though.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bear take a good look at the Warne Maxima steel bases and the Burris Z Weaver style ring. They will offer you an extended front and help w/the mounting of your scope. The also look nice. powdr

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The bases on both of my Mark X Mausers needed to be shimmed to keep from running out of elevation adjustment on their scopes (a Weaver and a Zeiss). I changed to the Burris signature rings on Weaver bases so I could use the offset inserts.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Bbear Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I like the looks of the Talley's TC1 showed on his rifle. The Leica is one I've had for about 15 years. Uses the German #4 reticle. I had it on an H&R Bull barreled 223 that I never should have gotten rid of.
This build is simply to give me something with a larger bore than 30 cal and my plans are for no shots over about 300 max. I've been collecting brass and bullets (and even one box of factory loaded ammo I found in a 'make an offer' bin at a gun show)so, now all I need is for the gunsmith to finally get it bedded and fitted to the B&C Stock then it will go for Cerokoting. Once THAT's done it will be mount and bore sight and get to the range!

The build is all based on an Interarms Mark X long action that was blue-printed. The barrel is from Pacnor and finished at 22". B&C Medalist stock.

I have Sierra GK 200's and 225's and some 250's from another maker (can't remember). Also thinking of trying some of the Nosler 225 partitions and anything else I can scrounge up and try.

I'm lucky here in Texas that I can test on animals year round - exotics like axis are open season as long as you have a license and a place to go (and I have both wink )

I'm thinking I'm going to go with the Talleys scope ring/base combo. Looks like it might work best with the short Leica.

Thanks for the input and I'll post up some pictures of the gun when I finally get it back in my hands.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My Interarms Whitworth in .375 H&H has always worn two-piece Weaver bases. Mostly, I've used Weaver rings as well, but my current scope, a Conquest 2.5x8x32, is affixed with Warne rings, the ones with the vertical split.

My brother's Whitworth also has Weaver bases and Warne rings with a 1.4x4 Swaro scope.

Weaver is the Nosler Partition of the scope base/rings world. Tried and true, it has stood the test of time.

I was hoarding when hoarding wasn't cool.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have always used Weaver 2 piece Bases With Weaver Rings on the Interarms. Right now on the Work Bench is a 300HH length action with a 1.75-5x20 Burris on it. Fits perfect with Standard Medium Weaver Rings.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,267 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.