Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Of course we don't get that cold here, but east wind blowing and uppper 20s and drizzle/light rain sucks.

Wife is small, low BP< athletic type that gets cold quickly.

I watch her put on all kinds of stuff in the mornign to go feed cats, birds etc... and then take it all off in time to head to work.

Was just thinking, man if I could find something like a snowgo suite, with hood attached, that was insulated some, and waterproof, she could hop in, go feed etc... and then pull it off and just go to work, without all the changing pants and such.

Just not sure where to start looking. Probably youth sizes too. NO pink. Hates pink. 4 foot, 10 inches, 116 pounds

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Insulated bibs (Carhartt, Key, etc) and various coats/jackets to suit the conditions are my preference. Zip to the hip on the legs for easy in and easy out.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
I will have to look at carhartt, i like them but didn't realize they made stuff that was waterproof too.

I was thinking some type of sno go looking suite would be suggested.

The part of having to put on one piece, with hood if possible, is the golden part of this. She has bibs and coats and such...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I totally ignored the waterproof part of the equation. Don't know what their waterproof options are, possibly none.

I totally hate one piece 'coveralls', too restrictive of movement. Like the versatility of bibs a lot more. Light jacket when it is cool, and keep going up in heaviness as the temps fall.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
She does bibs, but didn't like the bathroom issues with them. Went to insulated pants and big coat on top. For being in them hunting and longer times.

The coveralls are simply a morning/evening quickie if you will. Neither of us like the restrictive parts of them etc... but a complete quick unit ready to go, hop in, go do the chores, hop out without taking layers off is what I'm searching for.

If its back to layers, then she does just fine as is.

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Carharts blizzard extreme wear is warm and waterproof. Bibs, coats, coveralls.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rost495

I watch her put on all kinds of stuff in the mornign to go feed cats, birds etc... and then take it all off in time to head to work.

Of course, you could just go do it for her when the weather's bad, Jeff. smile

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If wind and rain are the main culprits, look into some TYVEK suits.
They are available in a lot of configurations, but I doubt that any will be insulated.

I coyote hunt in them, and re-use them till they're shredded. For re-use, avoid elastic cuffs and ankles.

Some are fully waterproof. Any of them will serve as protection in a light rain or mist.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by cra1948

Of course, you could just go do it for her when the weather's bad, Jeff. smile

LOL< yeah then she'd have less to do and be looking for other things... means I"d have to take time to line her out. LOL.

As is I"ve managed to teach her a chainsaw and how to cut firewood, shred, disc,paint, mow grass and weedeat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I googled La Grange TX. Says it is the 6th hottest place in TX with temps rarely below 50. Conditions like you describe are probably a once in a decade problem. I find it a lot easier to use dress in several light layers under a waterproof shell. I'd go that route instead of one heavy garment that would only be needed in rare situations. A lot warmer in my experience too.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Ok.

[Linked Image]

Oh you mean Outside. Never mind.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JMR40
I googled La Grange TX. Says it is the 6th hottest place in TX with temps rarely below 50. Conditions like you describe are probably a once in a decade problem. I find it a lot easier to use dress in several light layers under a waterproof shell. I'd go that route instead of one heavy garment that would only be needed in rare situations. A lot warmer in my experience too.

Ok, yeah. thanks for changing my mind.

Rare situations. LOL. I guess I never explain myself well enough.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Roach
Ok.

[Linked Image]

Oh you mean Outside. Never mind.

Inside I prefer less than that. But to get to it generally have to get the sweat suit off her this time of the year, which is generally pretty dang easy.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
you were on the right track with a snowmobile suit, windproof and water resistant all sizes available and lightweight look at Artic cat

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
She does bibs, but didn't like the bathroom issues with them.

[Linked Image]

http://www.amazon.com/1st-Defense-Industries-Lady-J/dp/B000XT91D0

I know female mushers that use one of these or one very similar. it allows avoiding the peel to pee.

+1 for the Tyvek coveralls for the occasional need. Probably available at a pro paint store.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
pro paint store. LOL. You must think we live in a city. LOL.

But actually I have a bunch of tyvek due to Ebola training in the fire dept...

We have a couple of 'female adapters' but she still prefers non bibs... there are other functions too... LOL... having to take off the coat etc..... is what bothers her. Both top and bottom get cold, but I digress.

Will go back to checking out sno go suits...wish they had a hood too....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Carhartt.

Buy big.

Spray with Camp Dry.

Done.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've been using goretex lined fishing bibs that my son in law got me at Cabelas when I'm not outside long term. Lightweight and water/windproof. I had my wife try them on, but she said the same thing about peeing. I think I found my next rain suit for the motorcycle though. Marty

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
pro paint store. LOL. You must think we live in a city. LOL.

But actually I have a bunch of tyvek due to Ebola training in the fire dept...

I know where you live, but was thinking on your next rip in or something. I bet HomeyD and Lowes has them. Maybe where you currently buy paint, too.

At any rate, get them here and they will be delivered to your door. wink

http://www.amazon.com/Dupont-TY120S-Large-Tyvek-Coveralls/dp/B002ISDOPA

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 22250rem, 160user, 06hunter59, 204guy, 71 invisible), 2,687 guests, and 1,505 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,610
Posts18,492,482
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.