S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
Scott! Finally! Ive found someone with less hair than me! laugh

I have enough thin wispy hair to make it a pain to keep combed but at the same time making shaving it a chore. I chose the shaving and have to say a good wet shave involving a good brush and shaving cream designed to be brushed along with a double edge safety razor and really good blades make for the freshest, cleanest feeling ever. I get up in the morning and don't scare the chickens so bad they stop laying forever because of a wild hair day. grin

Long live wet shaving!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
scott
i can answer your ccw questions:
get in the car, and head east, when you see a big river in front of you, stop and take a leak on the california side.
Cross the bridge, into free country. You don't need no stinkin permit to carry in free country.
It's only a few hours till freedom.

Point well taken. Being a long time Pac NW guy you summers would kill me but I love your part of the country and would like to explore more of it. The other drawback is you lack of salt water beaches. My wife would never stray that far from the beach.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Scott F
scott
get in the car, and head east, when you see a big river in front of you, stop and take a leak on the california side.
Cross the bridge, into free country. You don't need no stinkin permit to carry in free country.

Point well taken. Being a long time Pac NW guy you summers would kill me but I love your part of the country and would like to explore more of it. The other drawback is you lack of salt water beaches. My wife would never stray that far from the beach.

It's not the heat so much as that it seems like it's 100+ from Easter to Thanksgiving.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
scott

well, if the stupid surveyor wouldn't have been drunk, we would have had a beach at rocky point, mexico. Although we keep thinking about beach front property in western arizona.
I haven't done it, but look at a map sometime from san diego east along the south end of arizona. You have to get permission to traverse that area but have been wanting to do that for years. Need for sure at least two vehicles.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Think I will wait a while to try that one.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ron, my first job in AZ (1960) was down there somewaht east of Yuma. Things were easy and open in those days and we spent a lot of time exploring the area. Drove straight down to the border and east/west along the border area for many miles in a 54 Chev station wagon and later in a short/rough dune buggy I concocted from an old Studebaker coupe.

Some of that area was a gunnery range and there were warning signs - but no one ever kept us from going anywhere. There was very little gunnery action from MCAS Yuma in those days. Some of that low desert was fabulous and there were many natural tanks out there in the low mountains. We often saw Desert Bighorns and those small Sonoran Antelope.

Wish we could do it simple like that again. Tell you what - get Scott down to Phx, I'll get together a dune buggy and pick you two up, and the three of us can go run that southernmost desert. Bring some armament.

Last edited by CCCC; 01/14/15.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Than sure is tempting but we flew in here and we have no transportation to get that way. Being so close and having next month suddenly freed up it would be fun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott, are you still going to the Philippines?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That got postponed. It's OK with me because as fun as it would be I was having a hard time justifying the expense to out host vs what we have to give. He would be better off just having my daughter come over.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I could get scott here easily enough. The question is logistics. I will have to do some research. I do know the last time i looked at it you needed permits to run that section, recommended two vehicles, and yeah, other things would for sure be of question. I got a life long friend that has a jeep, we have talked about it, will have to contact him too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

48 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 257_X_50, 6MMWASP, 907brass, 9 invisible), 1,439 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,080
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.