Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Wasn't considering a big get together this winter like we have been doing, the consensus seemed to be Quemado in the summer was enough. I have a new job, others are busy...

But what the hell, mudhen and dennis want to do something, so at least us three... plus whoever else.

February 20/21/22... Tonto basin area, dispersed camping(meaning out in the desert no campground)... to be determined by Dennis scouting next week.

Close to the same area as last year but not at the lake.

Camping, shooting, eating and possibly drinking... you know...

All invited, be there or be square.

I'll have Saturday dinner and sunday breakfast, Dennis will have Friday dinner and Ben burritos saturday morning.

Kent

GB1

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Kent:

I'll jump at the chance to get away from Colorado cold again. Put me and Patty on the list.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
That'll be great!

Kent

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have quite a few irons in the fire, but if I can make it, I will. That area is my old stomping grounds. Spent many a day there with a smile on my face.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
more important kent, are you going to cook fish?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I think I have enough, my brother was fishing the last couple days, I'll see what he has also.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I can make it I'll be there. Probably Colin too

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent - thanks for doing this and for that which you and others are volunteering. Can't be certain yet but sure want to join you fine folks and will (and will bring stuff) if all goes well in the meantime.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I missed quemado last summer so looking forward to seeing you reprobates again.

Less formal planning, doubt we'll do a big group PM in the time allowed. Bring some shooting chit and bring yourself.

Anyone wanting hotel info contact Dennis or me and we'll give the info, there will be a hotel within a few miles and restaurants if our cooking sucks.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bump

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Wasn't considering a big get together this winter like we have been doing, the consensus seemed to be Quemado in the summer was enough. I have a new job, others are busy...

But what the hell, mudhen and dennis want to do something, so at least us three... plus whoever else.

February 20/21/22... Tonto basin area, dispersed camping(meaning out in the desert no campground)... to be determined by Dennis scouting next week.

I'll have Saturday dinner and sunday breakfast, Dennis will have Friday dinner and Ben burritos saturday morning.

Kent

Is there anything for a non-drinker to do at these gatherings?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

its worth going.....its not a drunk fest by any means....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Kent

Is Jack going?

If I'm not working, I will try to make it up there!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
basically the only real drinking is done after the dinner meal sitting around the campfire -

quite a few none drinkers are always around

if at all possible - I'm in -- I've always enjoyed the time spent with guys from this group at other such events.

No one liked being supervised on every little fart etc at the campground last yr.

Should be a good time for anyone attending - most try to bring food or treats or items to be shared and enjoyed by others

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by azcoues
basically the only real drinking is done after the dinner meal sitting around the campfire -

quite a few none drinkers are always around

if at all possible - I'm in -- I've always enjoyed the time spent with guys from this group at other such events.

No one liked being supervised on every little fart etc at the campground last yr.

Should be a good time for anyone attending - most try to bring food or treats or items to be shared and enjoyed by others

I hoped to go last time but it didn't work so I'm going to try again. I bet everybody has a good time. Maybe see you then.

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Working down on the border that week. Would like to meet some of the new locals. Maybe next time.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Fetch drinks for the drinkers?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

I had a great time last year, please put me on the list.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Saturday Dennis sets out steel for a big shoot with events. We should be in a spot where folks can shoot anytime.

Plenty of non drinkers, others enjoy sharing what they brought around the campfire in the evening, haven't seen anyone drunk yet.

Hope you can make it.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Kent

Is Jack going?

If I'm not working, I will try to make it up there!

He has to take a guy javalina hunting in the same spot we took Sofie, is hoping to tag out early then make it to the camp.

Kent

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (10gaugemag, 338reddog, 1beaver_shooter, 2ndwind, 309coug, 17CalFan, 35 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,892
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.