Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Glocktard
I've seen a well-used Dunkin Donuts M4 or three and they are rust-free, as long as the thin (or is that THICK) blue line doesn't spill jelly all over them.

Fixt it.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What language was he speaking?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
P.S. Changing your username did not make you any smarter.

Form isn't TAK.

See? Toldja so.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp

He was speaking Operatorese. You'll usually recognize it by phrases such as "in country", "sandbox", "CONTACT FRONT", "how many burpees can you do", incessant references to MARSOC guys that they met one time and bragging that they get free 5.11 pants to wear to work.

It's not a common language in these parts. In fact, it's rarely heard since a washed up, has been, Icouldthrowafootballoverthatmountain Uncle Rico type guy left recently. He went by several names like TakeAKnee and such, but I think he was really just a glocktard.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by jimmyp

He was speaking Operatorese......It's not a common language in these parts.

Sort of like the ability to pull your many chins over a pullup bar, even washed-up old MOFO's can still manage 8-10 or so. Even lardazzes can do burpees, they're just too damn sorry to do so, might throw up that last splurge.

As for cleaning AR's, carb cleaner and paper towels works for me. I keep a bore snake and a GI chamber brush and use them. Pat Rogers has proved Vagisil will keep a carbine running, so most anything wet that ain't H20 will work, some better than others. Oh, Pat was a Marine, before he was a cop, so is it okay to mention him?

Dextron ATF with STP in select places used to keep M60's running, and those could be a challenge. Lewis Awerbuck was a big fan of ATF on pistols. He was a soldier too but since he's dead is it okay to mention him?

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by rost495

I'd much rather worry about how my gun shoots, and who cares what it lookslike.

Looks are for vanity. Vanity doesn't win matches or shoot tiny groups.

It's not about looks, it's about taking care of your stuff. If it's rusty there, where it wouldn't take half a thought to apply a little gun oil, where else is it rusty?

I don't polish my guns and baby them, but there's a difference between using it hard and outright neglect.

Well from my successes in shooting, evidently mine don't have spots of rust where it matters....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The USAAMU issued me a can (Lubriplate) of this in 1960 to service my NM M1 Garands with and it also serviced my NM M14s when we made the transition to that rifle! I have half of that same can left and have serviced all my rifles through this date using it. Doesn't take much....and it's worth the money!

http://www.homelectrical.com/14-oz-...&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=CSE

Last edited by RMulhern; 02/01/15.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't care for the gas that lubriplate creates, but it does lube good.

After a few puffs in the face with the wrong wind, I went back to CLP. Still gas, still kinda stinks but not as bad and doesn't seem to get the eyes as bad if it gets around your glasses a bit.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I clean my AR's just like i do my Bolt rifles, every time i use them . May be a waste of time, but old habits are hard to break.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,108
Posts18,502,258
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.