-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Amazing. The SCOTUS sides with a muslim's 'religious rights', as opposed to how the Courts treat Christian 'rights'. Amazing.
link to story

Sam......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nothing in that ruling mentions Sharia. And quite honestly Ark. Screwed the pooch on the "security" argument.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's amazing to me you want "freedom of religion", but only when it's your religion

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As a Christian I have no problem with the ruling. This case and Hobby Loby are worlds apart.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, loved the argument that contraband could be hidden in a 1/2 inch beard but a 1/4 inch beard was ok. Can you imagine how stupid the attorney felt propounding that one in open court?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snyper
It's amazing to me you want "freedom of religion", but only when it's your religion

Following that argument, I could start a religion that teaches it's OK for me to screw your wife & you'd be OK with it.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

no schit?

God really wouldn't be in God position if He didn't warrant exclusivity.

So its not real that amazing. It kind of goes without saying.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
the issue here for me, is not the beard per se, but the argument that prevailed, of the beard being a protected 'right' under the Constitutional religious freedom provision.
Will Sikhs be allowed knives now? Will Muslims be able to dictate their diet while guests of the State? Foot baths? Prayer rooms? On premises immams?
God knows, Christians get damn little in the way of Government protection.

Sam......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What else did you expect from the speaker???? It has been that way since day one. The representatives of the people have to get off their a-- and do what the people have elected them to do.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Personally, I find the ruling very encouraging.

What I think the Court said is that the state is limited in what it can do to regulate the practice of religion. In fact, some areas of state regulation are subject to strict scrutiny. There must be a compelling government interest, and the regulation must be very narrowly tailored.

This is very good news for Christians.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
keep dreaming denton, if you think this 'encouraging' ruling will be applied to Christians.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the issue here for me, is not the beard per se, but the argument that prevailed, of the beard being a protected 'right' under the Constitutional religious freedom provision.
Will Sikhs be allowed knives now?

That boat has [b][color:#3333FF]already sailed.[/color][/b]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
well, for students, yes, and those are un sharpened. I'm wondering about those Sikhs that are incarcerated. laugh

Sam......

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
keep dreaming denton, if you think this 'encouraging' ruling will be applied to Christians.

Well, we'll see what we see as this unfolds. You may be right. But most of the legal commentary says that SCOTUS has a recent track record of ruling against the government and for religious practitioners in general. I think it's going to be applied to Christians, as the Hobby Lobby decision was.

I have no idea whether it will protect some of the behaviors of a dog named Mohammed. smile

Last edited by denton; 01/21/15.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BarryC

Following that argument, I could start a religion that teaches it's OK for me to screw your wife & you'd be OK with it.

I always expect some ignorant rambling from you , and you never let me down

You can't logically refute anything I stated so you try to make me the topic

Crawl back under your rock

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BarryC

I always expect some ignorant rambling from you , and you never let me down

You can't logically refute anything I stated so you try to make me the topic

Crawl back under your rock

You are right, that was ignorant of me to suggest that I would have to invent my own religion. I could just become Moslem and do the same thing. And you would bless it.

Under Islam, one could invoke this passage against you, Q9:29:

"Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

And then Q4:24:
(Forbidden to you are) [4.24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (slaves, POWs, etc)....

Such a wonderful religion! Don't you agree? I haven't heard of any as wonderful conceived outside of a prison! grin

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.