Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheKid
While they both may be reliable I don't consider them anywhere near the same class of gun as modern Springfield Armory, Colt, Dan Wesson, or S&W 1911s.

They're not - they cost less.

As for titanium, it will be interesting to see how RIA handles the galling problems that have plagued Ti frames.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Could be, but most Al alloy /Scandium frames outlast their owners, so it's almost a moot point............just sayin'.

MM

I believe our own Waders shot his alloy frame Kimber until it cracked and Kimber said it was only designed for light use.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Could be, but most Al alloy /Scandium frames outlast their owners, so it's almost a moot point............just sayin'.

MM

I believe our own Waders shot his alloy frame Kimber until it cracked and Kimber said it was only designed for light use.

MontanaMan implied a properly-fit alloy/scandium frame. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
It is good to be a patriot and a gun guy right now.

Mr. Patriot, how were the pro-gun/anti I-594 rallies you recently attended in your own home state?

Just like I am too sick to drive 5 miles from my home to duck hunt, or go to a gun show, I am far too weak right now to go to such a rally. Kidney function is down to only 21%. My resting heart rate is most often well above 100BPM because it is so hard for my heart to get blood through my blocked kidneys. My internet chatting right now is my only time out of bed all day today. My arms and legs are covered in unsightly sores from my lack of kidney function and I am chronically fatigued, out of breath and exhausted.

Thanks for asking, though. Nice to know that you care.

Yet, you were in Florida immediately after the rallies you couldn't attend.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/9461912

Odd. I don't recall any of my maps showing any areas of Florida within 5 miles of Walla Walla, WA, nor any airports in the WWW area capable of getting you to Florida. Spokane, yes; Boise, yes; Portland, yes; Seattle, yes, but none of them are within 5 miles of Walla Walla, either, and remarkably one of them would have been almost on top of where that rally you were too sick to attend was being held.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
They are imported, but well made, sturdy guns. They are not in the "finish" league of Kimbers, but I also hear a lot less problems with them than I do Kimbers also.
For a shooter grade gun, they will outlast all of us.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I always wanted to see a titanium slide, and an alloy frame, to get the most weight reduction, but apparently titanium is just a problem to use in the slide. I don't know if it's difficulty machining, or some of the properties cause problems.

Titanium forms intensely strong bonds with chemicals that touch it - which is why it's so corrosion resistant. It forms a very strong bond with oxygen in the air, and resists further attack by other chemicals. The downside is, if it contacts other metals, it will try to bond to them. You wouldn't think a fairly soft piece of titanium can eat up a piece of carbide, but it will crazy

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by hikerbum
They are imported, but well made, sturdy guns. They are not in the "finish" league of Kimbers, but I also hear a lot less problems with them than I do Kimbers also.
For a shooter grade gun, they will outlast all of us.

This. Very good pistols that run well and shoot accurately. Their customer service is excellent as well. My experience is that they are tough pistols. And then there's the pricing....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Who in the fugg keeps buying all these 1911's?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OFWGs

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4Ager,

Yes, one can fly directly from WW to Ft LAuderdale. My son flew us out to be with him and his kids, my grandkids, over Christmas. Big deal. The airport is only 1 mile from our house and sleeping on an airplane is something I can do. Sleeping at my sons house is also something I can do. Had not seen my grandkids in two years, and my surgery (Bi lateral Kidney transplant) is not something that 100% of people survive.

A couple of you REALLY need to quit acting like stalkers, mind your OWN business, and quit hijacking threads. You are an embarrasement to yourselves. And these rabbit trails add nothing to the content of the threads you try to screw up. Try staying on topic for a change. It would do us ALL some good. I can document my illness much better than I have, if I need to but would rather not. I come here to get away from all of that and talk about guns and better times.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BACK on topic, if the titanium frame guns come out in some fast, fun calibers, I am going to have to figure out a way to get one!

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Who in the fugg keeps buying all these 1911's?

Travis

People who appreciate a nice gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I come here to get away from all of that and talk about guns and better times.

Then go through one thread without mentioning it. Just one. You couldn't even do that with the post about how somebody else was sick.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Then go through one thread without mentioning it. Just one. You couldn't even do that with the post about how somebody else was sick.

Ouch.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JOG

What!!! Are you saying Kimber is not the god of all firearm manufacturing? eek

grin

My RIA is carried every day and has been shot a lot. It still has yet to malfunction in any way.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by JOG

What!!! Are you saying Kimber is not the god of all firearm manufacturing? eek

grin

My RIA is carried every day and has been shot a lot. It still has yet to malfunction in any way.

Except melting, of course.

Yours is also steel frame and slide. Ti has a nasty habit of galling, and slide rails to frame cuts are not immune from crud, from being slightly out of line, being battered, etc. Having a Ti frame NOT wear itself or the slide rails is going to be one helluva trick of engineering, machining, and metallurgy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Well then why don't they buy one?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Ouch.

Did not bring it up here, and would not have, until I was challenged by a stalker about why I was not at a rally. I truly would rather have not had to go down that road.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Well then why don't they buy one?

Travis

I am pretty sure he has had a couple of 1911's....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

He merely did so to reply to one of your fellow trolls.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 30 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.