Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Joel S Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
<BR>Maybe we should tell a little about ourselves. In the last couple of days I've grown to know a few others a little better than the 2 years lurking at shooters.<BR>As you can tell, my name is Joel and I live in Anchorage, just a short drive from AK.<BR>I'm a mechanic (automtive) at Northern Air Cargo. I'm married and her name is Tammy. Shes a taxidermist here in town.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well most of you know me or have at least tolerated my posts for awhile. I live in GA, born in Indiana moved when I was 12, spent 5 years in the Army ended up a 67S3P(Scout Helicopter Crew Chief, SSG, Paratrooper)got out went to State Univ. West GA, B.A. PoliSci/ Minor in HIS, now I work in a totally unrelated job as a salesman in the Environmental Industry. We consult for and sell chemicals, bacteria, polymers, etc for treating industrial and municipal wastewater. Mainly the pulp and paper industry. Got married to my lovely bride 8 months ago, and couldn't be happier. I belong to a couple of great families, a great church, and have many good web friends!! Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Born in Greensboro, NC, graduated college 92, got job moved to LA, California. Lived there 2-3 years. Trained Marines on Food Service Computers. Traveled all over US, Japan, and Gitmo Bay Cuba. Sick of job found another in Asheville NC, got married, moved to Winston Salem NC. Hunt, shoot, reload all my life so far, just started casting my own.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been a long time lurker, very infrequent poster (maybe 10 or so in the last year). My name is Greg, I live in CA (yuck). I started out in the Army, then went to work in the prison system. Did that for six years, got sick of it and now I am going back to school. I have a wonderful wife Ranay, who wont even look a dead animals. I also have a great two year old son.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am Melodi and my better half if Mark. He puts up with all my never ending questions and stupid purchases of stuff he'll probably never use but smiles and is gracious about it just the same. We have two great girls - the nine year can shoot her .22 Marlin better than most of the others at the gun range and loves every minute of it. We live just north of Houston. Mark is the engineering field and I slave for Continental Airlines. Mark is the avid hunter and I am the avid watcher. Am trying to get started in clay/skeet but am at ground zero so ya'll will be suffering with my questions and pleas for help! Toons

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ohhhh!!! tex here! <P>I am the sorry class clown from shooters that got his butt banned by the little punk faced webdude that runs that forgotten (whats the name again website?) shooters or hunters something? I forget? (grin)<P>Ok guys we are here !!! Lets Rock!!!<P>Rick say's no your vulgarity. No "yo mamas" ansd no "eye gouging". He has quitely cleaned up a few of my posts in a "low key" fashion. (grin)<P>Have I said "I love ya Rick?"<P>enough? (grin)<P>I Like this place!! Lets make it home!!!<P>I have multiple hunts planned for next year and two ARE IN ALASKA!!! (grin)<P>We are now organizing a 24Hour Campfire Slam 2001 for the fall of 2001 on Kodiak Island for deer. Limited availity here? Preferance giving to shooteres crowd!!! (BOSEG)<P>Folks this is a differant kind of site!! At shooters last year we organized a Elk Hunt by our regulars like sheister, Silver Bullet, MR.SS, Spike, Joe C. and others for Elk in Orygun??<P>We want to have fun and have a friendly site where we all meet each other?<P>The name of the game is get to know your [osters and have fun! rick our very very cool webdude is making this the best site on the web!!<P>It's no fun to lurk? <P>Sign Up and post. It's so much more fun when you post!!!<P>Tex<BR><p>[This message has been edited by texas_hunter (edited January 28, 2001).]

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The handle is Talker and that's because of what I do. I'm a morning newsman and co-host on a local radio station in Southwest Michigan. Grew up in Northern Lower Michigan hunting and fishing all the time when I was a kid. Getting back to it in the last ten years or so. <BR>I'm more into targets than big game but I deer hunt and now have a very accurate AR-15 for varmints. (E4E set it up, of course.) I shoot handguns and enjoy a bit of do-it-yourself pistolsmithing if it's not too complex or take tools I don't have. I'm downright DANGEROUS with a Dremel! <BR>I tend to lurk a lot. But maybe this new place is having an effect on me. I think I've posted more in the last couple days than in the last six months. <BR>

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
49, Lived in California all my life, except the 4 years in the Army (Airborne Demolitions) "69-73". Went to work as a Machinery Mover just after my ETS. Now work as a Crane Operator. Married 22 years (I think), been a work-a-holic ever since. Decided to get back into hunting and the outdoors, after me and the wife taking a 3 week vacation to Alaska. Been over at Shooters just a few months, but you all have been very helpfull and friendly and have put up with my inexperiance.<P>Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I invented this forum, my ex-boss didn't inhale and I won't take away your guns. (Thank God we don't have to put up with that, at least for the next 4 years.)<P>Actually I am another one of the Ex-Shooters gang just glad to be here with a decent and involved webdude. I live just outside Atlanta, hit the BIG FOUR-OH last year (like fine wine, I'm improving with age) and am happily married with 2 daughters. Ex-South African transplant (you know, where the beer is real), Naturalized American Citizen & proud of it, and general pain in the a** to all who will have anything to do with me. Have my own business, Import Auto repair shop, specializing in BMW but dabbling in Mercedes and Japanese also. badger.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Badger, forget those 'sedans' and tinker on Porsches, thats where the fun is. My dream is a 67-s or 73-s or the tops would be a 73 Carerra original.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, most of the Shooter's guys know me from the "other place" as a general pain in the ass, foil for Tex's jokes, and kind of part time organizer of the ShooterSlam 2000.<BR>Hope you guys make it to one of these happenings sometime- I can't explain to you how much fun it is to get together with new faces you only know through this media and find out you are like old friends.<P>I'm a 47 year old Electrical contractor from Oregon with a very small shop, just a couple of electricians most of the time. Married 25 years last August, with 3 great kids- one about to get out of the Marines in about 2 days and getting married in a couple of months. (I'm getting my favorite hunting buddy back from Uncle Sam!). A couple of beautiful daughters that try my patience constantly.<BR>Hunted and fished since I was pretty small, been reloading since picking it up when I was 18 and an army private. Went on my dream hunt in Africa last year with JJ and had the time of my life, hope to go again in a couple of years. You guys HAVE to do this some day! Been lurking, contributing, and generally chasing off the bad guys at Shooter's and other sites for about 2 years now, got to make some really great friends on these sites and learned more than I could imagine in that time. If you listen long enough, it is amazing how much you can learn and pass on on these boards. But you have to participate to get the most out of it. - Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
C
CCW Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Hello all,<BR>Just following the crowd from Shooters. I live in Glenrock, Wy. I just became an outfitter here, I had been a guide for several years for other outfitters. I also do some predator control work. I used to do control work fulltime for a county predator board here in Wyoming, but know I work privately for a few ranches. I haven't been around computers much and had just started hanging out at Shooters before the big crash. I probably won't post much, but sure have fun lurking as you call it.

Center of the Nation Outfitters<BR>Wyoming Deer and Antelope hunts
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sparkman375 resides in southern Minnesota. Avid (rabid) hunting/fishing/camping/rugged boyscout type, who reloads for rifles. I hunt EVERYTHING thats legal (and I can afford), fish for it if I can eat it. <BR> I'm heading to AK this Fall to checkout my mid-life skills on a 12-14 day float trip. I figure I can butcher a moose in an hour and a half...and got something to proove! heh heh <BR> I'm a hunting website browser, and use more than half a dozen. Migrating from Shooters wasnt any big loss.....as long as y'all ended up bringing the technical wisdom w/ ya! <BR> Shooters held a special place for me in the people that frequented it there. It is where I got into the .375HH religion, and I'll always be grateful to JJWhack for taking the time! I look forward to this new beginning, I'll be around! Tex....thanx for the heads-up! Sparkman <P>------------------<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Sparkman375 (edited January 28, 2001).]

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E4E,<BR>Born and raised in southern Michigan.<BR>Grew up shooting,hunting and fishing(game warden knew directions to my house drunk and blind)here in S.w. Michigan along the lakeshore.<BR>Tried college,did well,hated it.Joined the Marine's,loved it,but wanted to be a State trooper.Found out I was white.Gun tinkering was a nasty habit,and got out of hand.<BR>Married in 92' to the meanest thing I could find(Came with her own Ka-bar and rifle!)and moved into hicksville to escape yuppies and tourists.Currently going back to work in the Nuclear security field part time,for critter cash,while still taking care of my stores 'smithing needs.<BR>Heading back to SA in 2002 so "Talker" can get away from his city cave for a couple of weeks at my place.<BR>Posted for over 2 years on "That other board" untill Moronic pubescent webdoofus decided that I was somehow vulgar by posting bogus URL's.At first I was kidding about them,now I hope the geek took 'em to heart.<BR>Current mission is to get the gang back together over here so we can yak about what we love in a more positive environment,and continue to exchange stories and information with each other,so that our traditions passion will continue to the younger gutpile junkie's!<BR>Corrupt thy neighbors child!<BR>Thanks all for all the support over on the other site,and thanks all for defecting so that we can remain a happy family of sorts here.<BR>Cheers!<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>Life is too short for inaccurate rifles,ugly women,and the webdoofus at shooters.com

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The name is Jim. I followed guys like bearhunter and E4E and a few others over from another site. I posted once or twice on the other one, and these guys seemed to be the most helpful/friendly.<BR>Been hunting Whitetails in western Ky the last few years. Just moved to Fairbanks, AK for 3 years. Plan on doing a little hunting while I'm here. Married with a wife who travels a lot bringing home big dough, so I can buy new stuff. <BR>

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My name is Wade Steven Samuelson. I'm 32, married to my best friend, 2 daughters. See the fam at www2.localaccess.com/samuelson.<P>I began "The Exodus" to this site after being fed up with the repeated techno difficulties at Shooters. One of the best things I ever did.<P>Born and raised in Washington. Graduated U of Washington, Bachelors in Economics. Did ROTC along the way and went off to serve in the US Army Field Artillery for 3 years. Airborne School both here and in Germany.<P>Got out of the Army in 93 and went to law school in Virginia. Met my wife at law school (she graduated 5th in our class, but was still dumb enough to marry me). Came home to Washington. Now a partner in the firm. See us at <A HREF="http://www.centralialaw.com" TARGET=_blank>www.centralialaw.com</A> if you want.<P>I now hunt and fish year round. My dad and I just got our hands on a new river boat and are taking up fishing on the Columbia River.<P>I am also a Christian. I believe the Bible and love the Lord. Proud to say it. Want prayer? Call or email: NotGuilty@localaccess.com (360) 736-2352.<P>Glad to see so many great people here. Let's be self-policing so we don't scare off new people. I think we did a great job of that over on Shooters, but it seems we have slipped just a bit since we warped over here. Maybe we could save that for the new "Sonnie's Campfire"? Just a thought.<P>Glad to be here,<BR>Wade<P>

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi! I'm 53 years old a retired firefighter/paramedic, married to a wonderful woman, have two daughters, belong to a great church and reside in Central Kentucky. I'm relatively new to this talk stuff, although, I have posted in a couple of other sites. I'm not new to Blackpowder hunting or shooting (~30yrs), fishing since I was in diapers and just enjoying the outdoors. I volunteer as a hunters safety instructor for the state and am an instructor in the local 4H shooting sports program.<BR>Wall

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, most of you know me. I started on Shooters around 4 years ago with JJ Hack when the website was founded. It's getting less and less inbteresting to go back. If Pat, Tex, Badger, and the others who were booted don't get reinstated, I'll doubt I'll check back in very often. Here are my vitals:<P>- Oregonian<BR>- 40, married with two daughters<BR>- Been a USAF pilot for over 17 years (C-130, T-38, T-1, C-130)<BR>- Hate being in Japan. Been here since Oct 98, get to leave in Aug 01--back to San Antonio to fly a T-1, then retire and get hired by an Airline and eventually move back to Oregon.<BR>- Love to shoot, wish I could spend more time in the field<BR>- Very intently study what interests me, and will explain it to the "Nth" detail if you dare to ask.<BR>- I like larger bore rifles<BR>- Want to shoot a big Brown Bear with my 416 Rem "BR" gun John Ricks built me<BR>- Have been a born-again (fundamental, evangelical, Pentecostal, charismatic, anal, narrow, (pick your own adjective)Christian since I was 7, and should be a lot better than I am<BR>- Am probably less mature at 40 than I was at 18.<P>Blaine<p>[This message has been edited by AFP (edited January 29, 2001).]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Blaine: I liked the last line. And you think thats bad? (grin)<P>tex

------------------------------------------------

This post was filmed before a live studio audiance.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Good to see so many friends here. I didn't move because of the changes, I was beginning to learn them. I am here because of injustice to two people I respect. Not much of a hunter anymore because I lost all my partners to death, moving, old age or upward mobility. I do a lot of target shooting for my own amazement, very little competition. My favorite shooting thing is cast bullets in rifles. I am married to my best friend, living in CA and earn my living as a kept man. We expect to move to Nevada in about a year and a half when the last little bird leaves the nest. Now I commute there several times a year for camping, plinking and just enjoying the country. Shooters was fun, and I still will check in on a few ammunition related boards as long as there is anything of interest going on, but they may be suffering from terminal arrogance over there. I honestly believe that their Big Game board is irretrievably trashed. Too bad. curmudgeon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 25 invisible), 1,829 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,652
Posts18,512,756
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.