Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Then there are all those fertile river bottom lands that produce LOTS of crops. Farmers can grow corn on Pike's Peak.

The government would continue to subsidize them and their crops there as well.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If given a choice between subsidizing people that work and provide for society and those that only take, I go with the working providers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
.gov certainly wouldn't be trying to cut subsidies from middle class home owners and give the savings to the non producing would they?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm required to have flood insurance where I live. The house I'm in is 90 years old, has never flooded. In fact flood waters have never reached the levels that my house is on in recorded history, but a portion of my property (down the hill) is in the flood plain, so I'm required.

Oh, bull crap. The BANK is required to have flood insurance on your property if they want to sell the loan. So the bank makes you buy the insurance for them.

The government then subsidizes your mortgage (through your mortgage interest deduction) and your flood insurance.

What a deal, eh? That giant sucking sound? That's you hanging on the government teat.

How about you don't collect your government subsidies and pay cash for the house? No flood insurance!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Your accountant must think you are a hopeless dumbass.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by RWE
All this expansion of flood zones helps out my business.

I just wish it didn't.

Tell Øbama to GTFO.

More Flood zones = less development area

Doesn't help me any, but I guess I could pick up a few more flood certs in lieu of a subdivision. eek

Actually - More flood zones = no closed mortgages without paying for flood insurance. It's another new tax, this one to people very unlikely to ever be flooded.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm required to have flood insurance where I live. The house I'm in is 90 years old, has never flooded. In fact flood waters have never reached the levels that my house is on in recorded history, but a portion of my property (down the hill) is in the flood plain, so I'm required.

Oh, bull crap. The BANK is required to have flood insurance on your property if they want to sell the loan. So the bank makes you buy the insurance for them.

The government then subsidizes your mortgage (through your mortgage interest deduction) and your flood insurance.

What a deal, eh? That giant sucking sound? That's you hanging on the government teat.

How about you don't collect your government subsidies and pay cash for the house? No flood insurance!

What I'd call an "agenda driven post". Can't tell if it's aimed at a principle or a person.

Which means it's pretty poorly written.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The bill to raise flood insurance rates was passed last spring (2014). Since lots of folks in La. are required to have the insurance, Mary Landrieu, (then a senator) who voted for the insurance raise, sponsored a bill to delay the rate increase until 2015, which put the increase after the Nov. elections. Mary Landrieu was up for re-election in Nov. and thank goodness she lost. In fact, she got her hinny spanked, 56% to 44%.

Even the POS in DC couldnt help Landrieu by delaying the obamacare fiasco. Earlier someone posted all the hikes in taxes, etc. that take effect this year. All these hikes were delayed until after the elections in order to try and preserve the democrap majority in the senate. This year the small businesses are going to have to comply. All we've seen so far is the individual compliance.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RWE

Doesn't help me any, but I guess I could pick up a few more flood certs in lieu of a subdivision. eek

just develop in the flood zone, use fill to bring it above the BFE, than file a LOMR-F.

Oh, but not here, most all jurisdictions here have a NO FILL in the flood plain policy for development. Don't ask why, it is embarrassing.

No fill in floodplain or no fill in floodway?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Flood plain

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

there is a process to get rid of that requirment if you are interested, but with your home being outside the floodplain your insurance is likely cheap and worth having anyways.

This is it. Just because the property is partially in, the house being out, the rates should be really cheap.

You may have to prove by survey the house is out though. And you may have to deal with freeboard which could change that...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the new subdivisions around here (mine being 3-4 years old) have extensive provisions to control heavy rains - drainage canals and catch basins, plus the foundation of my house is probably 3 feet above street level. And the yard is graded to keep water from pooling around the house. I'm 60 miles off the coast; I can't imagine even a direct hit from a big hurricane actually flooding the place.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dutch

Why on a 3.5% loan, when my money earns more elsewhere and if that tanks I can default on the mortgage.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Government involvement in flood protection and prevention is a long standing cash cow.
1) People settle flood prone area.
2) People loss their ass in flood.
3) People demand government solution to stop flooding
4) Corps of Engineers builds flood control infrastructure that provides protection up to the 100 yr event because that is what is technically and economically feasible.
5) People become complacent and cities grow within former flood prone areas.
6) Flood patterns change (read increased frequency and size) due to widespread drainage improvements within watershed.
7) The really big one comes overcoming flood protection infrastructure, massive public and private property damage ensues.
8) The public cries government incompetency and does not assume accountability for personal decisions that carried risk.
9) FEMA shows up to hand out money and fix public resources so long as the fix meets fed standards.
10) The public and private infrastructure is rebuilt with heavy government subsidy.
11) Repeat steps 2 thru 10.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do not know how to post links, but google John Stossel flood insurance and look at the fox news feed. Stossel built an ocean front house, and had it partially rebuilt twice, and fully rebuilt once on flood insurance. For a couple hundred bucks a year???? I had a chimney fire and a lightning strike ($6K combined) in a 3 year period and my homeowners went up 25%!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
The bill to raise flood insurance rates was passed last spring (2014). Since lots of folks in La. are required to have the insurance, Mary Landrieu, (then a senator) who voted for the insurance raise, sponsored a bill to delay the rate increase until 2015, which put the increase after the Nov. elections. Mary Landrieu was up for re-election in Nov. and thank goodness she lost. In fact, she got her hinny spanked, 56% to 44%.

Even the POS in DC couldnt help Landrieu by delaying the obamacare fiasco. Earlier someone posted all the hikes in taxes, etc. that take effect this year. All these hikes were delayed until after the elections in order to try and preserve the democrap majority in the senate. This year the small businesses are going to have to comply. All we've seen so far is the individual compliance.

Check out my OP. Obama made more changes two days ago. All flood zone lines will go up (actually down) three feet and are subject to climate change speculation at will.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess all the people that work oil refineries, ports, CG, NAVY etc etc should live in South Dakota and commute to their jobs daily in Texas/Florida/LA etc etc.

I had a few daily commutes from Kodiak to Attu (roughly 2700 miles round trip total), but the stewardesses (male AMTs) were always ugly. Made it in under 12 hours twice, had to RON at Shemya Island one other time...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Check out my OP. Obama made more changes two days ago. All flood zone lines will go up (actually down) three feet and are subject to climate change speculation at will.

Pat, I read the OP, I was just pointing out that the bill was actually passed last year and why the rise in cost is just now going into effect. The original bill had the price increase taking place before the elections and that was going to pizz off a bunch of Mary's voters.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I understand, but the EO, moving the goalpost, is from 4 days ago.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I understand, but the EO, moving the goalpost, is from 4 days ago.

Yep, the POS is at it again!

I figure your required to have the insurance, living where you do, am I right?

We live far enough from the coast that we dont, but we do live by a lake and I figure its just a matter of time before they get us. Heck, this might be our nail in the coffin. We'll just wait and see.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 49 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.