Print Thread
Hop To
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Maybe like it had always been there, perhaps?

No Big Bang...universe has always been here

Interesting hypothesis.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that has always been in existence is God. Such hypothesis merely tries to explain what can't be known without allowing Him in the equation.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The big bang theory neatly avoids the question of where the ball of massive energy and matter came from.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gus?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I cannot understand how the universe came into existence with a really Big Bang.
I cannot understand how the universe came into existence without a beginning.
I cannot understand how the universe came into existence with spoken words.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Lean not unto thine own understanding.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just read the article and ponder the question. The article is that a group of researches are postulating the hypothesis based on their application of quantum physics that the universe has always existed and that the Big Bang Theory is wrong.

The religious person knows that isn't the case. The Bible tells us that God spoke it fully formed into existence. So, the question becomes has the universe always existed or does it have a beginning with God speaking it into existence? And then the real question becomes, how could one tell the difference?

For instance, God didn't create Adam as a baby and have him grow into a man. No, he was fully formed as a mature man of some apparent years. The same would be said of the universe. And a universe created that way would probably appear as if it had always been that way.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It would not necessarily "appear as if it had always been that way." For instance, Adam was created with the appearance of age; however, he would have looked like he had a beginning point of existence, say 20 years earlier.

Likewise, the universe, unless it is eternal, would also look like it had a beginning point. If the universe shows no beginning, or is postulated not to have such, then according to the ontological argument the universe itself would be "god" and worthy of worship.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
At least I know what the Big Bang universe looks like.
I saw the pictures in National Geographic.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The big bang theory neatly avoids the question of where the ball of massive energy and matter came from.

I believe the ball of massive energy and matter came from God. I believe He created the universe through the Big Bang. I believe all the universe is God's creation, and the Big Bang was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Interesting read, more interesting was all the brain power bounced around in the trailing commentary on the page but the most interesting was the attached add for the handy dandy pocket sized welder that can cut and weld just about anything.
Like I said it was interesting but I don't get all concerned about such things I have no control of and things that just don't matter to my day to day issues. I don't get cranked up about religion either or the definition of God and who's who is the right path. I go about life as a good and honest person and don't fear any words written in someones book nor do I fear any lightning bolts being thrown about by a white bearded man up in the clouds. These things seem rather silly and cultish to me.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tracks
Gus?

Great minds think alike! laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
The word universe to me indicates something with boundaries, and a universe without anything of mass, is simply space. Space as just space, has no boundaries, no beginning, no end, eternity! I do believe in God, and I don't believe God has a gender, it's something we a humans assigned to Him (see). With the same respect, I cannot fathom that if at one time there was ever just simply "space", that there would ever be God, I mean,why would God even "be"if there was only just space? Impossible to wrap ones head around!

Miles to go before I sleep
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by brinky72
Interesting read, more interesting was all the brain power bounced around in the trailing commentary on the page but the most interesting was the attached add for the handy dandy pocket sized welder that can cut and weld just about anything.
Like I said it was interesting but I don't get all concerned about such things I have no control of and things that just don't matter to my day to day issues. I don't get cranked up about religion either or the definition of God and who's who is the right path. I go about life as a good and honest person and don't fear any words written in someones book nor do I fear any lightning bolts being thrown about by a white bearded man up in the clouds. These things seem rather silly and cultish to me.

I had to go look. I want that welder. I really,really want it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (16gage, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,105
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.