Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ammofast 22lr ammo

orders less than 25 lbs ship for $9.99

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
If the demand for widgets was this great over this long of a period, producers would have answered the call long ago. I believe that other forces (government) is controlling/limiting distribution. To long of a time period and dollars to be made to be otherwise. GW

The producers are producing it. Easy to buy more when you can turn a $20 investment in to a $40-60 profit online, at the next gun show, or flea market.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
wait until the new laws in california take effect in 2017 or 2018, whenever it is banning all lead ammo, and see what happens to the prices.

Supply in other states should go up then.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I just shoot my bows. It's not like I need practice with a gun. smile

I'm headed in that direction as well. Even have a strange urge to go crossbow. Must be the Walking Dead! eek

Plus I'm Cherokee injun so it just make sense.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
The shortage is still on. I'm almost curious enough to ask at Walmart when they get their shipments.
Just to watch what kind of dirtbags show up in the line.

Asking when they get their shipment is a good idea. My local Walmart was getting their shipment late afternoon and the ammo was hitting the floor sometime between 6:00 and 7:00 PM. This was not a good time for the gougers as the working man was there waiting with them. I was able to pick some up myself. Most Wal-Mart have the delivery arriving in the morning and hitting the floor in the morning.

IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by akrange
CDNN and Dunn's have all you want..

None at either place.

I can help you order if you'd like..

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Just for general info: the Mexican made ammo that is branded as Olympic is good ammo. 40 grain solid hv ammo. Functions in everything I have. Decent chit.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Am always amazed at the people convinced the Feds are behind the rimfire ammo supply shortage, when .223 Remington ammo is all over the place.

Am doubly amazed when they believe this when so many people report finding and buying rimfire on-line, and seeing the hordes of buyers whenever any rimfire shows up in stores.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The guy at my local privately owned maw and paw hardware store informed me yesterday that they now sell ammunition. I was surprised and happy about it,,,,,, till he said just .22 ammo. I said how much, like I had to ask and like I knew it would be. He said not as much as most other places. I say ok, how much? He said 8.99 for 50, as looked at the shelf where the ammo was stacked and I saw CCI in paper boxes not the plastic boxes and bulk boxes of thunder bolts. I say how much for the cheap stuff bulk box? 72 bucks!!! I wanted to punch that stupid *%&$ in the face. If it weren't so convenient and if it weren't a small private buisness I would stop all trade with them. I still might but the next descent hardware store is 10 miles away and is a chain.

Last edited by seal_billy; 02/14/15.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Was out getting cleaning supply's from my local shop. They had CCI Stinger 50 rounds for $7.00 and CCI greenlabel competition 100 count for $17. I bought 2 50 round stingers. Will go back for a couple more boxes tomorrow. My Smith .22 pistol loves them.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Am always amazed at the people convinced the Feds are behind the rimfire ammo supply shortage, when .223 Remington ammo is all over the place.

Am doubly amazed when they believe this when so many people report finding and buying rimfire on-line, and seeing the hordes of buyers whenever any rimfire shows up in stores.

Fascinating that the average American isn't much different than a Cargo Cult member isn't it?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ammofast 22lr ammo

orders less than 25 lbs ship for $9.99

Strange that whats in stock is manufactured in foreign countries.GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can get it locally, but not at kid in knickers prices anymore.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am glad I bought the 22 cal bullet mould when I did. I'm betting 22 cal mould sales have probably increased substantially in the past couple of years.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm running into it more frequently at slightly inflated prices but don't need any.

If/when you can buy a case at somewhat normal prices I'll probably by a couple more cases that will last me the rest of my life.

Life is just one damned thing after another
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I'm puzzled by people claiming there are hordes of people waiting when the truck comes in. I must be getting to the store at the wrong time. I have NEVER seen that. Tried going at all different times, too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman

I'm puzzled by people claiming there are hordes of people waiting when the truck comes in. I must be getting to the store at the wrong time. I have NEVER seen that. Tried going at all different times, too.

Yep because you would have also noticed the people buying it offering a few bucks to other shoppers to get in line in their stead to circumvent the X# of boxes per customer limit.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Excatly! I was at a Gander Mt a year back to buy some turkey ammo they wouldn't put out the night before because of a big sale going on, the next morning, which was Saturday.

I got there and there was a line at the door waiting. When the door opened, everybody but a few dashed for the .22 ammo. I saw a man pull a box from another man. It was pretty sad.

Since then, I've found it almost everywhere I've looked except walrmart and fleet farm, but it's not $2/ box of 50 anymore. I'm not sure why everyone looks at walmart? I guess if walmart was where I bought my shooting supplies I'd only be shooting a 30-30 and a 12ga because that's all that's for sale at our walmart's around here.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've been seeing cci standard velocity for $0.10/shot, which is tolerable IMO. The ammo I've seen more than $0.10/shot is sitting on the shelves in the LGS'

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tzone
[quote=Mule Deer] I'm not sure why everyone looks at walmart? I guess if walmart was where I bought my shooting supplies I'd only be shooting a 30-30 and a 12ga because that's all that's for sale at our walmart's around here.

May be a regional thing. I know of one store that stopped selling firearms/ammunition about 5 years ago, but started back selling ammo about a year ago and guns about 6 months ago. That store, plus another tend to stock only pumps, bolt actions, and single shots, but the others have AR's and pump/semi-auto riot type shotguns. All of them have 5.56, 7.62x39&51, .300 Black Out, 12/20/.410, .22-250, 9x19, .40S&W, .45ACP, .38, .357, .44, and so on. There are even slots on the shelves for .22 rimfire with the tags still showing roughly the same prices that were the case in November of 2012 and occasionally those slots have boxes of ammunition in them when an employee puts them out in the middle of the day instead of 7am which is when the signs say ammunition will be put on the shelves. There are even taped lines on the floor indicating where the queue for ammo starts.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,188
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.