Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Czech_Made
I am convinced pickup drivers are compensating for something.

Yea,,, they're compensating for having to haul chit and not born jack-asses.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The subaru any model just always seems to be going slow and in the way of all the other traffic. Why can they not just get on down the road.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My google-foo didn't turn up anything too shady regarding Subaru but I still think they pander to the fufu outdoorsy mom crowd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I don't dislike the car, just the ideology that seems to go with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love Subaru threads!

I gotta ask GeeDub if I can use his "Kill Artist" sig line as a bumper sticker for my Lezbaru.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

That is their problem, not mine. Not giving enough space when passing, riding bumpers like some demented freak, using huge pickup to commute back and forth to government office job - thats daily reality in Northern Virginia.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I don't give a damn about their commercials or the sexual orientation of anyone else that buys Subarus. I am on my second Outback. I'm Conservative and love them. My 2000 Outback was rear ended turning into a gun club's road. My car was catapulted thru a 6X6 sign post and into a bunch of cedars. The other car had to be put on a flat bed and removed. I was able to back my Subaru thru and over the cedars back to the road. I had it checked out by the local Subaru dealer despite the body damage (that resulted in it being totaled) it was safe to drive the 250 miles home. They were pulling branches out from the under carriage, checked it over and said it wasn't even out of alignment. In everyone's book, that's a tough car! It had about 110K when it was totaled. I went right out and bought another one (2007) and have 119K on that one. While hunting on State Land, after a snowstorm, on an unplowed road with a couple buddies in my Subaru,we drove around a Ford Explorer that was stuck. My buddies could not believe it.

We own or have owned Toyotas, Hondas, Kia and a Mercury, my Subarus are as reliable as any of them. The only thing I've had to replace are a couple of wheel bearings. My mechanic who has an independent auto repair shop, loves Subarus.

Yeah replaced a few wheel bearings did you? LOL bigger hyped POS was never made. I bet your Mechanic loves them my mechanic loves him some subarus and beemers.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

That is their problem, not mine. Not giving enough space when passing, riding bumpers like some demented freak, using huge pickup to commute back and forth to government office job - thats daily reality in Northern Virginia.

They can drive whatever the puck they want to drive to work what business is it of yours?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Charlie, pretty sure we're 'compensating' for the fact that the Ford hauls about 250,000lbs of hay every month.

I guess Subarus are really taking over in the oil patch as well!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I love Subaru threads!

I gotta ask GeeDub if I can use his "Kill Artist" sig line as a bumper sticker for my Lezbaru.

MM, so do I.....

Now excuse me while I go run a brush through my manly chest hair.....grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Subaru commercials alone are reason enough to not buy one. Pussy whipped males with a 3 day growth of beard and a woman that wants to be president seem to be the standard or target audience.

Subaru also supports ASPCA and other liberal agendas. I am not a fan of people that buy them or the company itself. I would rather drive a diesel pollution emitting gas guzzling poor mileage vehicle than own or support their ideals.

As the thread goes on, more and more campfire members get put on ignore...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few days ago I spent lunch taking a walk at a local park. 5 or 8 miles of trail cross a wooded lot. Sign posts and maps every 100ft.

I passed a middle age woman, huffin and puffin, head to toe in North Face, Marmot, Outdoor Research. I'm talking full on, I'm gonna climb K2 kinda chit. Right down to her trekking poles and boot gaiters. To take a walk in a fuggin city park......in the sun......

Betcha she drove a Subaru grin

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish the dykes that drove Subs looked like that!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yeah replaced a few wheel bearings did you? LOL bigger hyped POS was never made. I bet your Mechanic loves them my mechanic loves him some subarus and beemers.

Small price to pay for our go-to car to use when the going is tough. What car never has to have something replaced in 119K miles?

What kind a of pansy gives a s#!t about the marketing or who else drives a certain car?? I care about buying/driving a tough car, that will take me where I want to go, when I want to go, that is safe, reliable, and holds all my shooting/hunting stuff. My Subarus have fit that bill and served me well over the 15 years that I've owned them. That's all that I care about.

BTW, that low-slung boxer engine is one of the reason that they stick like glue to the road as it lowers the center of gravity.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Charlie, pretty sure we're 'compensating' for the fact that the Ford hauls about 250,000lbs of hay every month.

I guess Subarus are really taking over in the oil patch as well!

Yea,,,,, 50 years as a builder,,, it didn't take me long to figure out I was gonna need something more than a Honda Civic.

Don't be to hard on CM though. Seems that all he knows is commuting back and forth to a "government office job".

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"So, are a lot of dogs buying Subarus as a result of their commercials?"

Not the current ones, I watched the Paul Hogan ones on Youtube.
They clinched the deal.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The last two Subaru (I think they were Subarus?)commercials I have seen were geared toward families. One was a totaled car explaining the occupants lived, and it ended with some kids, a wife, and a dad getting into the Subaru that replaced their totaled Subaru.

The other one was a dad teaching his idiot sons to drive in an old Subaru and the mom was standing next to a new one in the driveway.

Before moving to MT I purchased a 2008 Forester for my then wife. Thinking it would be good in this environment. As I drove the U-Haul through Denver, I started getting the impression I made the right decisions. Because from Denver on, I swear to freakin' God, every third car was a Subaru.

I had no idea driving a Subaru made a woman a lesbian. I actually learned that here at the Campfire. But I will say it sure made me laugh when I gave it to the ex-wife in the divorce. grin

Great car. Lots of power and stuck to the road like glue. You could really fly around corners on dirt/gravel roads too. If they contribute to environmental causes, that is news to me.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 5sdad
So, are a lot of dogs buying Subarus as a result of their commercials?

Also, are a lot of people looking for a vehicle that is designed to make sure that you get rear-ended by another vehicle?

You need to visit shrapnel and Rancho in la-la-land.

All anybody in Bozeman drives is Subaru. Some Volvos too. They ALL have dogs. All of them. They go everywhere with their goddammmed dogs. In front of every restaurant there are dogs tied up outside on the sidewalk. Every park is loaded with dogs. Every [bleep]' car in Bozeman has a minimum of one dog in it.

It's more than a little strange and I am definitely not the only one to notice it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (16penny, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,318
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.